demelat

plsss help

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Good morning vjs .. am planing to try z tourist visa ... my faince is in z usa for z past 6 years and his a Gc holder through asyleem .. next year jhe will be us citizen but .. my concern here is .. z process of citizenship is almost 5 monthes and the k1 visa might take a maximem of 7-8 months.. so its almost year so what do u recomend me plsss i really really missed

The tourist visa is not for immigrating... if that's what you mean.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Timeline

Yea i kn what tourist visa mean still i want to spend some time with him using zis visa until the time arrived ... and one more quastion shall i montion that am going to visit him or any advise ill be appriceted !!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It will be very difficult for you to get a tourist visa- you will need to show that you have more ties to your home country and you do to the USA.

It would be better for him to visit you.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Thank u for ur reply .. but he cant visit me here coz he got his Gc through asyleem as i mantion .. so can i still applay for tourist visa with out mention him .. i have a house on my name and well paid job ... and fair amount of money at my bank account .. FYI i have been deinde F1 almost 3 times before three years ago .advice me

Meet in a neighboring country - surely he can travel there?

What you're proposing is lying on visa application - once they connect the dots with K-1 visa application, you will be banned from ever coming to the US so think twice about lying.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is no reason he can not visit you.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

as a GC holder, he cannot file a K1....if you try and lie about his presence in the US, well, good luck....because if you get caught, you could kiss any chance of going to the USA good-bye...having been denied an F1 3 times, your chances of a B2 with a fiancée in the US is somewhere around zero....lying is not what we do in the US....I seriously doubt you have such a wonderful, high paying and tremendously responsible job in Ethiopia that it would outweigh staying with your asylee fiancée....but it's your dime (actually, $160, which must be somewhere around twice the average income in your country)....why do you think lying is OK, by the way?

Timeline

Most people would assume that qualification.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On the tourist visa application you will be asked if you have immediate relatives in the US which include fiancees. If you say no and say that you're staying with a "friend" that's lying on your application which has consequences.

Your fiancee can apply for an advance parole and leave the country to visit you

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Timeline

He does not need AP, he has a GC.

There is no reason he can not visit you.

As he got his GC through claiming asylum (most likely fear of persecution in the home country), if he shows up there they can take away his GC as obviously no persecution exists(ed).

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.