Saylin

NVC Filers - February 2014

2,641 posts in this topic

Saylin,

I have one more question when the beneficiary fills out the the DS-3032 questions under part 2, there is a question asking whether you have committed or been convicted of a crime or offense. My husband was fined for dui in 2011, he just had to pay a fine and drivers license was suspended for one year but he did not go to jail or anything like that and it shows on his police clearance form, should this be included on the DS-3032 part 2 ?

NOA 1- March 25, 2013

NOA 2- Dec 23, 2013

Dec 27, 2013 Case shipped from NSC to NVC

Case in NVC building-Jan 13,2013

National Visa Center Processing

Case # and IIN- 02/14/2014

DS-261 completed: 2/19/2014

AOS Invoiced and shows IN PROGRESS: 2/20/2014

AOS shows PAID: 2/24/2014 AOS- packet added to the case: 3/17/2014

DS 261 Accepted: 03/20/2014IV fee yellow triangle with exclamation mark seen on CEAC- 03/18/2014

IV fee available to pay and shows IN PROGRESS: 3/20/2014

IV packet received by NVC 03/7/2014

IV packet FALSE checklist-(Checklist shows: I need to complete the DS 261 form): 03/17/2014

IV Packet FALSE checklist (Checklist shows: pay IV fee): 3/20/2014

IV fee shows PAID 3/24/2014IV packet accepted 3/24/2014 (all civil documents reviewed per NVC rep 4/1, currently waiting on DS 260 to be reviewed)

DS-260 - SUBMITTED 3/25/2014

Checklist for Court record and Indian PCC- April

Submitted Court Record document and NVC scanned into system- 4/23
NVC received Indian PCC at their door on 5/9/2014
PCC scanned into system- 5/12/2014
Mysterious Second Package scanned into system- 5/16/2014
Case complete- 06/11/2014
interview Date: 07/08/2014 changed from 7/15/14
delivery of Child #1- 6/11/2014
Medical Completed 4/4/2014 at knightsbridge doctors

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Beneficiary - Applying for CR1/IR1 (but also played the K3 card prior to understanding it may be phased out.)

2013: July 20: I-130 sent (Chicago lockbox)

July 24: I-130 NOA1

July 24: I-129F sent (Dallas Lockbox)

Aug 2: I-129F NOA1

Aug 12: Alien Registration Number was changed, I-129F.

2014: Jan 28/29/30: - 3 transfer notices for I-130 and I-129F.

Feb 3 - Hard copy arrived -Notice of transfer to Texas stating Jan 29th.

Feb 10 - NOA2

Feb 27 - email stating I-130 being sent to NVC from TSC.

March 6 -NVC received our case.

April 7 - CASE NUMBER yay! IIN and BIN obtained and email given.

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 9 - AOS not yet payable but visible.

April 10 - email regarding NVC case number and access to DS261 received/ email regarding AOS received and paid.

April 11 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 14 - AOS arrived per mail tracking.

April 15 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process, IV package sent.

April 18 - IV bill showing paid/ DS-260 available and done!

- AOS scanned into their system.

April 21 - IV package arrived per mail tracking.

April 24 - IV scanned into their system.

May 2 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS approval.

May 13 - NVC rep reported ? missing Police certificate via my phone call.

- Supervisor review initiated.

May 14 - Checklist for Police certificate came via email.

- Sent checklisted documentation priority post!

May 15 - Package delivered per mail tracking.

May 19 - Case COMPLETE!! Police certificate found by NVC:)

May 28 - Case complete email arrived.

May 30 - Assigned Interview date!

June 2 - Interview letter arrived via email.

June 11- Medical appointment Surrey, BC

July 8 - Interview in Montreal!! APPROVED!!!!!!!! July 10 - Visa package and passport in hand!! July 23 - POE!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Saylin,

I have one more question when the beneficiary fills out the the DS-3032 questions under part 2, there is a question asking whether you have committed or been convicted of a crime or offense. My husband was fined for dui in 2011, he just had to pay a fine and drivers license was suspended for one year but he did not go to jail or anything like that and it shows on his police clearance form, should this be included on the DS-3032 part 2 ?

The DS-3032 is obsolete, you now use the DS-261.

As per Saylin's FAQ's in post #2:

What's the DS-261?

The DS-261 replaces the old DS-3032. So, instead of sending the DS-3032 once a case number is assigned, you'll have to wait for the DS-261 to become available on the online forms portal (link in the first post). Once it's available, fill it out. It's exactly like the DS-3032, except online. If you wish to see screenshots of the DS-261, you can do so here: Saylin's DS-261 screenshots (these are screenshots I uploaded back in 2011, but should still be the same, or at least similar). To go through all the screenshots, click on the 'next' button (there are 6 images in total). Once you've submitted the DS-261, print out the confirmation page at the end. This is for your own records.

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Beneficiary - Applying for CR1/IR1 (but also played the K3 card prior to understanding it may be phased out.)

2013: July 20: I-130 sent (Chicago lockbox)

July 24: I-130 NOA1

July 24: I-129F sent (Dallas Lockbox)

Aug 2: I-129F NOA1

Aug 12: Alien Registration Number was changed, I-129F.

2014: Jan 28/29/30: - 3 transfer notices for I-130 and I-129F.

Feb 3 - Hard copy arrived -Notice of transfer to Texas stating Jan 29th.

Feb 10 - NOA2

Feb 27 - email stating I-130 being sent to NVC from TSC.

March 6 -NVC received our case.

April 7 - CASE NUMBER yay! IIN and BIN obtained and email given.

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 9 - AOS not yet payable but visible.

April 10 - email regarding NVC case number and access to DS261 received/ email regarding AOS received and paid.

April 11 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 14 - AOS arrived per mail tracking.

April 15 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process, IV package sent.

April 18 - IV bill showing paid/ DS-260 available and done!

- AOS scanned into their system.

April 21 - IV package arrived per mail tracking.

April 24 - IV scanned into their system.

May 2 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS approval.

May 13 - NVC rep reported ? missing Police certificate via my phone call.

- Supervisor review initiated.

May 14 - Checklist for Police certificate came via email.

- Sent checklisted documentation priority post!

May 15 - Package delivered per mail tracking.

May 19 - Case COMPLETE!! Police certificate found by NVC:)

May 28 - Case complete email arrived.

May 30 - Assigned Interview date!

June 2 - Interview letter arrived via email.

June 11- Medical appointment Surrey, BC

July 8 - Interview in Montreal!! APPROVED!!!!!!!! July 10 - Visa package and passport in hand!! July 23 - POE!!

Saylin,

I have one more question when the beneficiary fills out the the DS-260 questions under part 2, there is a question asking whether you have committed or been convicted of a crime or offense. My husband was fined for dui in 2011, he just had to pay a fine and drivers license was suspended for one year but he did not go to jail or anything like that and it shows on his police clearance form, should this be included on the DS-260 part 2 ?

NOA 1- March 25, 2013

NOA 2- Dec 23, 2013

Dec 27, 2013 Case shipped from NSC to NVC

Case in NVC building-Jan 13,2013

National Visa Center Processing

Case # and IIN- 02/14/2014

DS-261 completed: 2/19/2014

AOS Invoiced and shows IN PROGRESS: 2/20/2014

AOS shows PAID: 2/24/2014 AOS- packet added to the case: 3/17/2014

DS 261 Accepted: 03/20/2014IV fee yellow triangle with exclamation mark seen on CEAC- 03/18/2014

IV fee available to pay and shows IN PROGRESS: 3/20/2014

IV packet received by NVC 03/7/2014

IV packet FALSE checklist-(Checklist shows: I need to complete the DS 261 form): 03/17/2014

IV Packet FALSE checklist (Checklist shows: pay IV fee): 3/20/2014

IV fee shows PAID 3/24/2014IV packet accepted 3/24/2014 (all civil documents reviewed per NVC rep 4/1, currently waiting on DS 260 to be reviewed)

DS-260 - SUBMITTED 3/25/2014

Checklist for Court record and Indian PCC- April

Submitted Court Record document and NVC scanned into system- 4/23
NVC received Indian PCC at their door on 5/9/2014
PCC scanned into system- 5/12/2014
Mysterious Second Package scanned into system- 5/16/2014
Case complete- 06/11/2014
interview Date: 07/08/2014 changed from 7/15/14
delivery of Child #1- 6/11/2014
Medical Completed 4/4/2014 at knightsbridge doctors

Filed: Timeline

Also just checking in...

Even though my wife's visa is approved, I still want to avail myself for others going through NVC & interview.

Iron Sharpen Iron!

I didn't say he was justified as filing single, that's the way his dad filed for him, and FYI that's how my tax preparer filed for me here in Canada too, as single. We are just going by what we are told by our tax preparers as neither of us are by no means a tax preparer either. I know nothing about taxes. I didn't say you were right or wrong, I simply asked WHERE you got your information from so that I could forward this information on to his father SO that he could amend his taxes from 2012 and file 2013 properly. Thank you.

I hope I didn't come across as harsh, I was genuinely asking you why you thought filing single was right, when you're married. If I went to a tax preparer and they suggested I file single when I'm married, I would have high-tailed it out of there. Most tax preparers don't have experience with foreign spouses, so they just assume because the foreign spouse isn't in the US, then the USC can just file as single. But you shouldn't. As I said before, it doesn't matter where in the world the spouse is, if you're married, you're married, and should file as such. You can find all this on the IRS website.

Saylin since you interviewed at the Consulate in Montreal I was wondering if you knew if I would be able to accompany my wife to her visa interview?

The Montreal Consulate General site states that only interpreters are allowed and relatives will have to wait outside the waiting room.

Wondering if this is really true ...

Yup, the USC is certainly allowed to come in and be with the beneficiary. They just need to have their US passport to be let in. Petitioners can even interview with the beneficiary. I saw it happen personally while I was there with another VJ couple!

This what i got in email. why it is telling me to submit civil documents

I all ready submit civil document

[...]

False checklist. Please refer to post 2 and read the FAQ.

Saylin,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry the confusion.

I read the VJ wiki link "NVC - Electronic Processing".

It mention scanning the DS-3032 in "How to OPTIN" and "Speedbumps on OPTIN ..."

I've realized DS-3032 is obsolete and has been replaced by DS-261(on line form)

It is all clear now.

Thanks again,

Lukiduki

That's more for China EP that wiki. I suggest you read mine instead which is specifically for Canadians. Again, you can find that linked in my signature below as well as in the first post.

Initial Review

On January 23, 2014, we transferred this case to your USCIS local field office for additional processing. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

i got that when i checked my case

can you please tell me whats gonna be the next step or what should be the next message from the USCIS

how long gonna to get step??

i so appreciate your help

thank you

As the status says, your case was transferred to a local office. It'll then get reviewed by an adjudicator, and hopefully your next status update is an approval. There's no way to tell you how long it'll be as that varies. I suggest you look at the threads that have been created for I-130 filers that got transferred. This thread is for those that have approved I-130 petitions.

My questions:

1. Based on reading everything I can find, the only way to know if your case has reached NVC is that you have to call them yourself, right? We are using an attorney, as we are a same-sex couple, and felt more comfortable having a well-known law firm behind us. Is there ANY way that either the attorney or we would find out the NVC receipt number without calling them? I should give NVC at least two weeks before started to bug them every day? When we fill out the DS-261, can we put my name, my spouse's name, and our attorney's name? Does this mean all three of us would get every email?

2. Both of us are retired. I retired in May 2011. I have my Tax transcripts for 2010, 2011, and 2012 ready to go, and the amount on the 1040 is more than substantial for the poverty rate. I have no W-2s, as I was a partner in a firm - so, therefore, an owner. I have gotten a letter from my former employer stating the total of retirement benefits I will get every year from now on, and they are more than double the poverty rate. Will this be sufficient? Should I attach my future Social Security income stream as well? I'm still 5 years away from being able to collect Social Security.

Rhetorical question: what do people do with all their time once they get the green card? I've been obsessed with all the details of visas (my own Australian residency visa and my spouse's US green card) since 2010! Oh..I guess there is ROC, and then Citizenship!

Sukie

1. Yes, calling is the best method. There is a way to find out your case number by not calling. Just sit and wait a few months, then you'll eventually receive correspondence from NVC in the mail. The faster method is by calling, so you can give over email addresses right away, so correspondence from NVC will be sent by email, instead of snail mail, shaving months off the process. In the second post, I suggested waiting a few weeks, then start calling a few times a week. Once NVC receives the case, then start calling every day (or as often as you wish) until the case number is assigned. If you have an attorney, you won't be getting a DS-261 as the attorney is automatically selected as agent, thus by-passing that step.

2. As long as you have tax transcripts showing you're over the poverty line, you don't need W2s. And you only need an employment letter if you're CURRENTLY employed. You can if you wish, but it's not necessary.

For most people here (myself included), they are preoccupied with work (once you find a job). For others, school. I did both! Then a lot of people want kids, so that eventually happens. Not entirely sure in your case if you're retired! Pick up a hobby?

saylin,

what is the correct address for NVC to send the I-1864 (AOS) too?

Please read post 2 (and post 1 while you're at it as you're missing valuable information).

Saylin,

I have one more question when the beneficiary fills out the the DS-260 questions under part 2, there is a question asking whether you have committed or been convicted of a crime or offense. My husband was fined for dui in 2011, he just had to pay a fine and drivers license was suspended for one year but he did not go to jail or anything like that and it shows on his police clearance form, should this be included on the DS-260 part 2 ?

It's better to include it than not to include it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

when did u get the checklist?

looks like a false one..

This what i got in email. why it is telling me to submit civil documents

I all ready submit civil document

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________

The National Visa Center received your DS-260 form. We are waiting for the traveling applicant’s

supporting civil documents to be submitted to the NVC. Your online Immigrant Visa Application will be

reviewed upon receipt of your supporting documentation.

To view which documents the applicant must submit to the NVC, please go to our website

immigrantvisas.state.gov.

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________

A review of the I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A (if applicable) Affidavit of Support form and

supporting documents that you submitted has revealed that you have provided incomplete information in

your response or you have not responded to some questions.

Please pay specific attention to the questions marked in the attached I-864/A checklist. You will need to

complete and submit a new form with the changes noted on the attached checklist.

You will need to follow the instructions for the Affidavit of Support (I-864) that are posted on the

Department of State website at the following address:

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. From there, you can fill out a new form online, print the new

completed form and mail it to NVC. If you are the Petitioner, please read all instructions and complete

the correct form to submit to NVC. An Affidavit of Support form is required to be submitted from the

Petitioner on each case regardless of his/her income level.

NVC will hold this case until you send us these needed items. When you return the documents to NVC,

please make sure that the documents submitted are in the correct order and stapled together, as stated in

the I-864 Important Notice instructions.

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

Mar 07, 2013 : NOA 1

Nov 19, 2013 : Request for Evidence mail received

Nov 25, 2013 : Documents send in response to RFE

Dec 03, 2013 : NOA 2 ( I 130 approved)

Dec 09, 2013 : Case reached NVC

Jan 08, 2014 : NVC assigned Case Number

Jan 15, 2014 : Paid I 864 (AOS) bill online

Jan 16, 2014 : Completed DS 261 (choice of agent) online

Jan 21, 2014 : Express mailed AOS package

Jan 27, 2014 : Paid DS 260 bill online

Jan 29, 2014 : Express mailed DS 260 civil docs

Jan 29, 2014 : Submitted DS 260 online

Feb 13, 2014 : Received False checklist for civil docs by email

Feb 24, 2014 : Case Complete

April 14, 2014 : Interview. YAY!!!

Timeline

when did u get the checklist?

looks like a false one..

ya my civil document checklist look like false one. but I got real checklist too my AOS package ok. but they wen job letter.

This is how my checklist look like

Please review the instructions below then refer to the final page of this checklist for mailing

instructions.

I-864, Affidavit of Support Checklist

[x]

In Part 1. Basis for Filing Affidavit of Support, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 2. Information on the Principal Immigrant, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 3, Information on the Immigrant(s) You are sponsoring, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 8, Sponsor's Contract, please correct the following...

[x]

The Form I-864 we received was missing the following page(s). Please ensure you include all nine pages when you

resubmit the form.

[x]

You must submit the following financial evidence:

[x] Proof of current employment (examples: a recently dated job letter, pay stub, or a copy of your business license).

NVC Special Instructions

[x]

Edited by aptiger

USCIS

3/5/13 - Sent I-130 (Phenix Lockbox) UPS Overnight

3/11/13 - Cleared the check

3/19/13 - NOA1 hard copies received, Priority Date 3/6/13 (MSC)

6/10/13 - Case was Touched

6/19/13 - call from senator office

7/8/13 - Case show up online as Initial Review for the first time

10/24/13 - Case transferred email (transferred to other USCIS office)

10/25/13 - Case transferred email (transferred to local USCIS office)

10/28/13 - Hard Copy transferred mail (CSC)

10/30/13 - Case update email (transferred and is now being processed)

11/4/13 - Case was Touched

11/22/13 - Received NOA2 via text/email (CSC) Moving on to NVC

11/29/13 - Received NOA2 Hard copy mail

NVC

12/2/13 - NVC Received file (at dock)

12/6/13 - NVC Received file (in building)

12/19/13 - Enter into Computer

12/20/13 - NVC Case & Invoice # assigned (Call NVC)

12/31/13 - DS-261 Available & Submitted (AOS, IV fee not available)

01/02/14 - AOS Bill Available & Paid

​01/06/14 - AOS Shows as 'PAID'

01/06/14 - Sent I-864 Package (Delivered on 1/7/14)

01/09/14 - NVC Scanned The I-864

01/13/14 - IV Bill Available & Paid

01/15/14 - IV Shows as 'PAID'

01/15/14 - DS-260 Available & Submitted

01/15/14 - Sent IV Package (Delivered on 1/16/14)

01/17/14 - NVC Scanned The IV Package

01/29/14 - Call NVC find out got Checklist ( they wanted job letter) I-864 is OK

01/30/14 - Received Checklist via email (said reviewed Ds-260 and instructed me to send in civil documents).

( Same email instructed me to submit job letter)

01/30/14 - Send Checklist(job letter)-( Delivered on 1/31/14)

02/03/14 - NVC scanned the checklist

02/07/14 - civil document review and accepted

02/24/14 - Case Complete

-------------------------------------------------------------------

02/28/14 - Received P4 Eamil

04/28/14 - Interview(Mumbai)

05/13/14 - POE - San francisco

NM you corrected your own post... /facepalm

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I hope I didn't come across as harsh, I was genuinely asking you why you thought filing single was right, when you're married. If I went to a tax preparer and they suggested I file single when I'm married, I would have high-tailed it out of there. Most tax preparers don't have experience with foreign spouses, so they just assume because the foreign spouse isn't in the US, then the USC can just file as single. But you shouldn't. As I said before, it doesn't matter where in the world the spouse is, if you're married, you're married, and should file as such. You can find all this on the IRS website.

Same thing happened to my husband. Tax preparers aren't necessarily the best trained people in the world. They aren't normally accountants (who can get it wrong too.) They know the software they're looking at and that's it. Several suggested to my husband that he file as single but when he called the IRS they told him he was not allowed to file as single. He though it sounded odd as well which is why he called the IRS.

I also did not file as single in Canada because they already knew I was married. I received more of a refund because my husband was out of country actually and hadn't earned that much that year as well. You have to tell the CRA you're married within 30 days of getting married or becoming common-law, and within 90 days of separation.

I know it;s a huge thing with all the "how do I file" tax threads but I will never understand why people feel it's okay to say "yeah i'm single" on a form to the government. And they wonder how people get things they're not supposed to from the government as well? I met someone once who hadn't filed taxes in 30 years, but boy was that audit going to hurt since they had caught up with him and he said so to me.

I even filed taxes when I was in college because I made a little bit of money each year working for the school or my mom. I still have unused tuition amounts that help me get a refund 13 years after I've graduated and I only went to school for 2 years! Why wouldn't you want that?!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

We are waiting for the NVC to issue the case # any day. I know we have to pay the AOS and IV fees and submit these packages. We won't have the police certificate in hand for the IV package. We were under the impression that the PCC would be needed at the time of the interview in the US Consulate - Mumbai. The US Consulate Mumbai also specifies that PCC is one of the documents to be brought in.

I am wondering if submitting the PCC with IV package to NVC is a requirement or optional?

Edited by bkghosh

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : National Benefits Center; Consulate : Mumbai, India; Marriage (if applicable): 2013-07-05
USCIS
I-130 Sent : 2013-07-20; I-130 NOA1 : 2013-07-26; I-130 Transferred to CSC: 2014-01-13; I-130 Approved: 2014-01-22
NVC
NVC Received: 2014-02-03; AOS Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-19
NVC Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-03-11; AOS Package Delivered: 2014-03-21;
Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-03-12; AOS Package Touched: 2014-03-25;
Receive & Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-13; AOS Package Approved: 2014-04-08
AOS Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-18;
IV Bill:
Receive & Pay IV Bill: 2014-03-24; False Checklist for Civil Documents: 2014-04-07
IV Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-26; Case Completed at NVC: 2014-04-16;
IV Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-26; Case Complete Email Received: 2014-04-23
IV Package Received by NVC: 2014-03-31; Interview scheduled: 2014-05-01;
IV Package Touched: 2014-04-03 (still in review); IL Email Received: 2014-05-01
DS-260 Available/Completed/Submitted: 2014-03-27
Consulate: Mumbai
Fingerprinting & Photo: 2014-05-09 Medicals: 2014-05-19
Interview: 2014-06-04 Visa Approved CEAC Website Status "Issued": 2014-06-05
USCIS ELIS Fee Paid: 2014-06-08 Passport w/Visa Received: 2014-06-09
POE (LAX): 2014-07-20 SS# Received: 2014-07-28
Actual GC received 2014-08-30
CA ID Received: 2014-09-02.
First job in USA (yeeeh!!!) starting: 2014-09-22
Taking driving lessons....!!!!

ROC
Application Sent: 2016-04-26
NOA1:2016-04-28
Biometrics: 2016-06-02 (early walk-in on May 31st)

ROC Approval Email and Online Status Change - 2016-11-07
Google Doc for April 2016 filers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Mb-ALcbwQbYafLj4vFaEMjSGD-wfjtrycs3ul8QlUo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Just checking in: we're hoping to send off the AoS and IV packages this week. :)

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Still waiting for case number

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Also just checking in...

Even though my wife's visa is approved, I still want to avail myself for others going through NVC & interview.

Ty for helping us during our journey.

I trully just want to thank all of the Visajourney's senior elements that take their time to help all of us.

Ty Ty Ty

Also just checking in...

Ty for helping us during our journey.

I trully just want to thank all of the Visajourney's senior elements that take their time to help all of us.

Ty Ty Ty

USCIS

2013-04-... - Sent I-130(Lawyer)
2013-04-15 - NOA1
2013-11-29 - Transferred to TSC
2013-12-30 - Approved NOA2 by e-mail
2014-01-13 - NOA2 Shipped to NVC

NVC
2014-01-21 - NVC received
2014-02-25 - NVC case number assigned case
2014-XX-XX - Completed DS-261 online
2014-03-05 - I-864(AOS) Bill Generated and paid
2014-04-01 - Sent I-864(AOS) Package
2014-XX-XX - DS-261 accepted
2014-03-10 - IV bill invoiced and paid
2014-03-19 - DS-260 completed online
2014-04-01 - IV packet sent
2014-04-04 - AOS & IV Packages arrived NVC
2014-04-21 - IV Package false check list
2014-04-22 - AOS check list
2014-05-07 - AOS check list Package scanned at NVC
2014-06-02 - Case completed
2014-06-11 - Interview scheduled

Consulate
2014-04-21 - Medical Exam
2014-07-17 - Interview - APPROVED
2014-XX-XX - Visa in hand
2014-08-14 - POE-Newark

-ROC Journey-
07/20/2016 - Sent package via UPS to CSC.
07/25/2016 - Package received.
07/28/2016 - Check cashed.
-- /--/2016 - NOA1 received.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No actually the problem is he wasn't employed before this. As in he just got a job so he has just one year's tax returns. So I wanted to ask if it's ok to submit one year tax return or do we still need a joint sponsor?

Case filed- 3rd June 2013

NOA1- 6-6-2013

Case transferred to NBC- 12-18-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

DS260 submitted- 17th July

IV sent: 19th July

IV scanned: 24th July

Checklist for AOS: Email received 3rd sept :cry:

Response sent: 7th sept

Checklist scanned: 11th sept

IV approved: 17 sept :dancing:

CASE COMPLETE: 4th nov 2014!!! (AT LAST)

Interview: Dec 8th :dance: :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.