TBoneTX

French/American Couples - Part III - 2014

1,536 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, K-Kwette said:

I received my passport today with the visa in it.

Didn't get a sealed enveloppe, from what I see, my case is electronic and that's why.

I paid the green card fee yesterday.

Will fly to the US on the 1st of October.

Good luck to all of you waiting!

Awesome !!!🎉

have a nice trip and enjoy your new life !!!

still waiting for my case number , after that I hope everything is gonna be quick 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Awesome !!!🎉

have a nice trip and enjoy your new life !!!

still waiting for my case number , after that I hope everything is gonna be quick 

Thank you!

Will have to remove the conditional in two years so the Journey is not exactly over yet but it's a start hehe!

Received the case number on June 13th and got my original interview date for August 7th, so it will be quick for you too :) 

Timeline
5 hours ago, K-Kwette said:

Thank you!

Will have to remove the conditional in two years so the Journey is not exactly over yet but it's a start hehe!

Received the case number on June 13th and got my original interview date for August 7th, so it will be quick for you too :) 

You’re welcome ! 

For now don’t think about it , you will have the time then ahah  Just enjoy, is so exciting !🎉

i hope it’s gonna be the same for me it will be perfect ! 

Timeline
On 8/29/2019 at 6:52 PM, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi guys, 

ok today I have a question a little bit special . It’s for my cats lol 

we bring them in USA with us and went to the veterinary for the passport , vaccinations etc but he don’t find some info and .. now it’s up to us to find them .. 

anyway ..he is the only one around ..

so if someone can help me because I look everywhere , send mail but no answer ..
 The vet asks me to provide information on what follows:
 - What is the antibody titration required for transport to the USA?
 - what are the mandatory / proscribed parasitic suppressants according to the states.
 - what is the delay for the clinical examination before departure.

thank you for your help !!! 

I brought my cat from states to paris in 2016. They only asked for the cat to have a chip identification and rabies vaccines. I would suppose it is the same the way back. 

I did get a big load of paperwork from USDA for that trip...I can scan them and send them to you if you want (PM your email address) 

February 13 2015: Started dating (met in New Orleans)

February 13 2018: Married in New Orleans

March 29 2019: PD for 1-130 (Spouse) - Nebraska Service Center

May 20 2019 : PD for 129F (K3 spouse visa)

June 21 2019 : I129F denial

June 22 2019 : I130 APPROVAL (only 85 days after submission) 😀 

July 17 2019 : sent to NVC by NSC

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

September 06 2019 : payed fees 

September 11 2019 : uploaded documents (Financial & civil) + submit DS-260

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

November 22 2019 Documentary Qualified email :D 

December 10 2019 Medical done 

December 16 2019 Interview Letter

January 22 2020 Interview - APPROVED 😍

January 28 2020 Visa on hand 

February 25th 2020 Travel day

Timeline
On 9/17/2019 at 9:24 AM, K-Kwette said:

I received my passport today with the visa in it.

Didn't get a sealed enveloppe, from what I see, my case is electronic and that's why.

I paid the green card fee yesterday.

Will fly to the US on the 1st of October.

Good luck to all of you waiting!

Congrats and have a safe travel towards your new home!

thank you for sharing all very useful information, I highly appreciate :) 

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Devon&Sandra said:

Congrats and have a safe travel towards your new home!

thank you for sharing all very useful information, I highly appreciate :) 

Thank you!

Glad to see I could help, I wish you a fast process now, you should have done the longest part :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Those couples with previous French divorces, did you get them translated from French into English for the interview in Paris?

Timeline
1 hour ago, portorusa said:

Those couples with previous French divorces, did you get them translated from French into English for the interview in Paris?

I am not at the interview stage yet, but I did upload at NVC stage my divorcee decree (french) with english translation. I did the same for my birth certificate. I didn't translate french police record. I don't think it is needed from what the website says. 

Only reason I had those translated is that we got married in US and we needed the translation in order to obtain marriage licence. 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
On 9/19/2019 at 7:20 AM, portorusa said:

Hey,

Most of the times, divorce documents are super long so a real drag (and super expensive) to have translated. My husband and I are both divorced from a previous marriage. So what is important is too have the judgment of the divorce (on a one pager) in both langages (if possible by a certified translator - but I mean, if you are remarried, all that has been checked already by the country you remarried in).

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi guys , 

ok , I have a question, a little bit weird but I need help lol 
I am thinking about the medical appointment in Paris . 
i know I am still far away from it ( still waiting for my Case number ) but I need an answer .

i have a treatment for Thyroïd issues since 2011.and I make it check 2 times a year . 

my doctor « offered » me to do a cytoponction but I can not resign myself to do it right now .

i had the appointment planned last June and I cancelled it I was petrified completely unable to go  . And then it’s about 3 months to have another one because they just work on Friday mornings . Just one place to do it ( I live on an island ) 

i am very afraid of it ( a needle in my neck , I can’t. it’s impossible ) 

my question is : at the medical exam I will have to talk about my medical records . If I say that I didn’t made this little surgery , is it a « red flag » for my visa like . She didn’t had this surgery in her country so she is gonna ask to do it in USA ? 
i am afraid about that 

please do. Not judge me , we don’t have all the same reaction . 

thank you 🙏🙂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

hi guys! we just got our case file number and surprisingly to me it appears i will be processed in paris (being german with main address in germany i was expecting frankfurt but my mailing address is in france)

so i just now started looking into the paris embassy and in the reviews several people are talking about waiting times of 4 months for interviews. is this correct, are there no interview dates available closer to the time of scheduling? those of you who already scheduled your interviews, how far in the future were the available dates?

Timeline

We got DQ today! Waiting for interview now. It’s about 3-4 weeks for CR1 visas, right?

Edited by portorusa

Timeline

I also have a question on how to bring a cat to USA from France. I understand there is no carantine upon arrival and rabies vaccine is a must. Is the electronic cheap obligatory?

Timeline
55 minutes ago, portorusa said:

I also have a question on how to bring a cat to USA from France. I understand there is no carantine upon arrival and rabies vaccine is a must. Is the electronic cheap obligatory?

Hello @portorusa

i just did all the vaccination for my kitties recently to bring them form France to USA 

No more tattoo . they have to have a micro cheap to be identified . 
see with you veterinary but if I remember he will have to do blood tests to your cat ( body titration) if you want to be allow to bring him in Europe 
if you have a doubt you can contact the French customs they are very helpful . 
i give you links with some infos 

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet-travel

https://www.cdc.gov/importation/traveling-with-pets.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Ffeatures%2Ftravelwithpets%2Findex.html

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hello @portorusa

i just did all the vaccination for my kitties recently to bring them form France to USA 

see with you veterinary but if I remember he will have to do blood tests to your cat ( body titration) if you want to be allow to bring him in Europe 
if you have a doubt you can contact the French customs they are very helpful . 
i give you links with some infos 

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet-travel

https://www.cdc.gov/importation/traveling-with-pets.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Ffeatures%2Ftravelwithpets%2Findex.html

Sorry @portorusa

i read from USA to France ...

Here is the good answer lol :

and a EU passport 

I had a lot of infos from the DDSPP from the veterinarian services in France .

if I can help tell me . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.