Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2014

1,993 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

IV PDF, the DS-230, is predicated now by the DS-260

Similarly, the DS-3032 is predicated now by the DS-261

Both of these are 'online forms' - to be filled out online, no need for printing and submitting via postal mail into NVC.

Thanks Darnell

5-25-2013: Sent I-130 package

5-31-2013:Received text and email of NOA1(now waiting for Hard copy of NOA1)

6-03-2013:NOA1 Hard copy came in the mail

11-20-2013: "Transferred to another USCIS office"

1-8-2014:Received text of NOA2 and email

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi guyz,

i have a question that it;s compulsory that we mention petitioner email adress and home address on DS-261 form ? or benificery can mention it;s own email address or home address? what will will be the good choice to receive the further notifications speedly ?

thanx,

hi guyz,

i have a question that it;s compulsory that we mention petitioner email adress and home address on DS-261 form ? or benificery can mention it;s own email address or home address? what will will be the good choice to receive the further notifications speedly ?

thanx,

It's typically suggested to appoint the USC as agent. But as long as you give over both email addresses to an operator, the DS-261 is a moot form as NVC will send all correspondence by email, so it doesn't matter.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

joining this thread.... waiting for NVC to receive my packet from USCIS now.... getting all my documents in order

heart.gifdevil.gifoops8rh.gifranting33va.gifdevil.gifheart.gif

Mar 26 - NOA1

Nov 07 - Transfer to TSC

Dec 16 - RFE

Dec 23 - RFE Replied

Dec 30 - RFE finally made it to TSC

Jan 11 - Initial review (again)

Jan 13 - I130 Approved

Jan 21 - Transfer TSC -> NVC

Jan 28 - NVC RCV'd

Feb 06 - NVC/IIN #'s RCV'd

Feb 11 - AOS updated as paid/AOS sent

Feb 20 - AOS received by NVC

Feb 21 - IV Bill Paid

Feb 25 - IV FDEX

Feb 26 - IV RCV'd by NVC

Feb 27 - Expedite Approved - NVC Complete

Mar 05 - Embassy Rcv'd Packet

Mar 06 - Scheduled Interview

Mar 12 - Interview Date

Dear Saylin

Do I need to send the original police certificate in the IV packet? also I only have 1040's is that enough for me and my father who is sponsoring? Will I be able to fill everything out for my husband he does not speak english? I read everything you had down on the first posts but just not sure?? i have not yet been assigned a case number what paper can I start filling out now I864?

Marriage: 2013-01-16

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-03-19

I-130 Approved : 2013-12-31

NVC Received : 2014-01-21

Case & IIN number Received: 2014-25-02

I864 bill: 2014-03-05

IV bill: 2014-03-05

I864 & IV packet sent: 2014-03-06

DS260: 2014-03-11

Case Complete: 2014-03-28

Interview date: 2014-05-13

Dear Saylin

Do I need to send the original police certificate in the IV packet? also I only have 1040's is that enough for me and my father who is sponsoring? Will I be able to fill everything out for my husband he does not speak english? I read everything you had down on the first posts but just not sure?? i have not yet been assigned a case number what paper can I start filling out now I864?

You need to read the first two posts again as most of your answers can be found there.

Yes, the original PCC has to be in the IV package.

If you're not going to send in the tax transcripts (which is much preferred), then 1040s alone won't suffice. You also need to send in all W2s, 1099s, schedules, and worksheets.

Yes, the petitioner can fill out the DS-261 and DS-260 for the beneficiary.

Since the beneficiary's forms are online, yes, the I-864 forms are the only ones you can prepare ahead of time.

You need to read the first two posts again as most of your answers can be found there.

Yes, the original PCC has to be in the IV package.

If you're not going to send in the tax transcripts (which is much preferred), then 1040s alone won't suffice. You also need to send in all W2s, 1099s, schedules, and worksheets.

Yes, the petitioner can fill out the DS-261 and DS-260 for the beneficiary.

Since the beneficiary's forms are online, yes, the I-864 forms are the only ones you can prepare ahead of time.

Thank you very much for your help... Just one more question there are a few 864 which one do I use?

Marriage: 2013-01-16

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-03-19

I-130 Approved : 2013-12-31

NVC Received : 2014-01-21

Case & IIN number Received: 2014-25-02

I864 bill: 2014-03-05

IV bill: 2014-03-05

I864 & IV packet sent: 2014-03-06

DS260: 2014-03-11

Case Complete: 2014-03-28

Interview date: 2014-05-13

Thank you very much for your help... Just one more question there are a few 864 which one do I use?

There's really only one to choose from if you're going to have a joint sponsor.

Petitioner: I-864

Joint sponsor: I-864

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

joining in as well. Waiting for our file to get to NVC, but also still find myself a bit confused about the NVC stage. I understand we need to send both IV and AOS packages. Can they be sent in one envelope or separate are better? Do they really need the originals of everything (marriage and birth certificate) or can I send certified copies and bring originals to show at the interview?

joining in as well. Waiting for our file to get to NVC, but also still find myself a bit confused about the NVC stage. I understand we need to send both IV and AOS packages. Can they be sent in one envelope or separate are better? Do they really need the originals of everything (marriage and birth certificate) or can I send certified copies and bring originals to show at the interview?

Have you considered doing EP (since you're in Canada)? Packages are scanned and then emailed instead of snail mailed.

If you don't do EP, then yes originals/certified copies are required to be mailed to NVC. It doesn't matter if you send them together or separate.

Please review posts 1 and 2, and if you want to do EP, then read the wiki linked in my signature below (as well as in post 1).

1. I'm getting ready to put our IV package together, and just wondered: you don't put anything else in that packet except for what they ask for, right? No other 'supporting evidence of relationship' or stuff like that? Where do photos, Skype logs, that kind of stuff come into play? At the interview?

2. Also, we have one document that's all in Dutch, and what I've understood is that you don't have to get it translated if the language it's written in is spoken at the embassy where your spouse will do their interview (Amsterdam). My thought was to go on and translate it into English anyhow, just in case, but he thinks it'll be okay for it to remain in Dutch. Any thoughts?

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you considered doing EP (since you're in Canada)? Packages are scanned and then emailed instead of snail mailed.

If you don't do EP, then yes originals/certified copies are required to be mailed to NVC. It doesn't matter if you send them together or separate.

Please review posts 1 and 2, and if you want to do EP, then read the wiki linked in my signature below (as well as in post 1).

I would for sure like to do EP. I am just still figuring it all out, thank you for pointing it out to me. I will read more about it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1. I'm getting ready to put our IV package together, and just wondered: you don't put anything else in that packet except for what they ask for, right? No other 'supporting evidence of relationship' or stuff like that? Where do photos, Skype logs, that kind of stuff come into play? At the interview?

2. Also, we have one document that's all in Dutch, and what I've understood is that you don't have to get it translated if the language it's written in is spoken at the embassy where your spouse will do their interview (Amsterdam). My thought was to go on and translate it into English anyhow, just in case, but he thinks it'll be okay for it to remain in Dutch. Any thoughts?

1. you can if you want to. If'n you study the instructions in the I-130, there are 6 types of evidence to submit. If you were scant on I-130 submittal, it makes sense (at least to me) to submit more with the IV packet, as whatever gets into the casefile at NVC is reviewed at the IV Unit by a Vice-Consul, prior to the interview. During the interview, the beneficiary has maybe 5 minutes, usually less, in front of a Vice-Consul. IMO, time and timing is the bit that can make the difference. That casefile will be at the IV unit fully 24 days prior to the interview, so you might want to rethink, refactor.

2. sometimes NVC reviewers do not see it that way, and want some english translation. This is one of the grey areas, IMO.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

That's fine. If you were single then, then it doesn't make sense to use your married name.

Thank you so much Saylin:)

USCIS STAGE:

August 17, 2013 - I-130 sent

August 22, 2013 - noa1

November 22, 2013 - tranferred to TSC

December 16, 2013 - approved

December 19, 2013 - noa2 hardcopy

January 09, 2014 - shipped to NVC

NVC STAGE:

January 17, 2014 - case received

February 24, 2014 - case number received

February 25, 2014 - IIN and BIN received

March 01, 2014 - ds 261 completed

March 05, 2014 - aos invoice and paid (in process)

March 07, 2014 - aos shows paid

March 22, 2014 - iv bill paid (in process)

March 25, 2014 - iv bill shows paid

March 25, 2014 - ds260 completed

March 26,2014 - iv package send to nvc

March 31, 2014 - iv package arrived at NVC 12:05pm (Gary S. Peters - signatory)

April 01, 2014 - aos send (certified mail)

April 03, 2014 - iv docs logged into the system (according to olivia)

April 05, 2014 - aos arrived at nvc but business closed. waiting them (usps) to redeliver it on Monday.

April 07, 2014 - aos finally arrived at NVC 11:50am

April 09, 2014 - aos logged into the the system (according to olivia)

April 24, 2014 - aos checklist (thru phone call)

April 25, 2014 - aos checklist email received

April 29, 2014 - checklist responce

May 02, 2014 - arrived at nvc signed by B. Standish

May 05, 2014 - checklist responce log into the system

May 28, 2014 - CASE COMPLETE .. Thank God

June 04, 2014 - received email (case complete)

June 09-10, 2014 - done advance medical

June 11, 2014 - interview schedule (email received)

July 02, 2014 - interview (APPROVED) Thank you Lord;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.