Obichizi

I missed my K1 interview

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am devastated guys. Its like a dream to me. I came into lagos 2days for the interview. Stayed with my friend residing in lekki area of lagos. I was scheduled for a 7am interview. Left the house around 5.45am only to hit the heartbreaking traffic. Got to the embassy around 7.10am and I wasn't allowed in. I was to send an email to embassy for a reschedule.Honestly I cannot guaranty that I'd be able to extract another day off from work to attend another interview. Any clue on how long its going to take to get another date?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you can't make time for the visa, how else will you get it? Next time, leave earlier or find a place much closer to the embassy.

Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know how it goes there in Nigeria, but in Manila, they are more lenient..

If we miss our interview, it is very easy to reschedule for as long as it is the first time we are rescheduling..

Though I agree with apple21.. next time leave an hour earlier than you left the first time..

Good luck!

I am devastated guys. Its like a dream to me. I came into lagos 2days for the interview. Stayed with my friend residing in lekki area of lagos. I was scheduled for a 7am interview. Left the house around 5.45am only to hit the heartbreaking traffic. Got to the embassy around 7.10am and I wasn't allowed in. I was to send an email to embassy for a reschedule.Honestly I cannot guaranty that I'd be able to extract another day off from work to attend another interview. Any clue on how long its going to take to get another date?

You have learn your lesson next time just go ealrier like 3 am ...

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You need to back to the embassy and plead with them, do not leave until they either give you another date that is very soon or see you. Stay there until you speak with someone. My fiancé was late to his interview yesterday 11/25 and after reading online and talking to some friends I made him stay and plead. He got in line several times after only to be thrown out twice. But after a while the security guard told him to wait under he tree. He waited and was let in and got approved for his visa. Stay and plead, don't be rude, tell them you already have wedding plans. Don't leave and please don't wait for an email response. If I were you I would go back up there and just plead until they see you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I don't see how you could leave so little time to travel for such an important day. The drive to the embassy is known for go slows. If March is the next date make sure to request the extend the validity of the approval

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Interview rescheduling can take upwards of months.

Only leaving yourself an hour and 15 minutes to make it to an interview? I would have left at least twice that even if I were only half an hour away.

Lagos is apparently very strict and you should have prepared for that.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I know someone who did the same thing. He left his house in in Ketu and thought he was having enough time to get there, but ended up a few mins late. They would not let him in. He waited til someone came to tell him what to do, which was not til approx. 1pm before someone would even speak to him. He was given another date that was one month away. He was given this date the day he was there when they spoke with him at 1pm. Im not sure why they didn't do the same with you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Sorry you are going through this, I hear Nigerian traffic is horrendous, I hope your rescheduleed soon good luck

Became Facebook Friends ♡September 2012♡

Met face to face

February 9, 2013, Joburg S.A. May 6, 2013

♥♥♥ENGAGED MAY 9, 2013♥♥♥

August 24, 2013 w/ my son ♡ October 27, 2013

January 13-18 2014 visit to S.A. for my honey's birthday ♥♥

★ OUR JOURNEY ★

November 21, 2013 overnight mailed I-129F.

November 22, 2013 arrives at Texas lockbox

November 27, 2013 via e-mail receipt, petition accepted, SRC# issued @ TSC

November 29, 2013 email notice (A) number changed, *Initial Review* stage

December 2, 2013 hard copy received.

January 7, 2014 Text and email

***Petition APPROVED***

January 9, 2014 email and text petition sent to State Department◆

January 11, 2014 Hard copy of

NOA2 received. Vaild from January 7- May 16, 2014

January 17, 2014 NVC received Petition case number JHN2014####

February 12, 2014 petition leaves NVC, and dreadful AP

February 14, 2014 ♥♥ petition arrives in Johannesburg, S.A.

February 20, 2014 email on packet 3 instructions

KTich♥

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Interview rescheduling can take upwards of months.

Only leaving yourself an hour and 15 minutes to make it to an interview? I would have left at least twice that even if I were only half an hour away.

Lagos is apparently very strict and you should have prepared for that.

I recall our interview date a few years back in Bogota, Colombia, we gave ourselves enough time that if NEEDED we could walk it in 2.5 hours.

--------------------------------K-1----------------------------
October 1, 2011 Mailed I-129F Application
October 7, 20122 Notice Date of NOA 1
February 15, 2012 Received Hard Copy of Approved NOA 2
March 8, 2012 Rec email Pacs 3/4 US Embassy in Bogota
March 29, 2012 Scheduled Interview
June 7, 2012 Interview APPROVED!

------------------------------Arrival @ LAX-----------------------------
July 27, 2012 Arrived POE @ LAX
October 21, 2012 Married (L) (L)

------------------------------AOS----------------------------------
April 20, 2013 Mailed AOS package

April 29, 2013 AOS NOA

May 22, 2013 Biometric date

June 7, 2013 NOA, rec. interview date for 7-16-13

June 18, 2013 EAD/AP Approved

June 29, 2013 Rec. in mail EAD/AP combo card

July 8, 2013 AOS process on HOLD, interview canceled unsure.png as wife returned to Colombia on medical emergency!

Oct. 17, 2013 AOS Interview re-schedule to November 20, 2013

Nov. 1, 2013 Rec. Notice from USCIS that 11-20-13 interview "due to unforseen circumstances" has been CANCELED. girlwerewolf2xn.gif

December 18, 2013 Rec. notice that AOS interview has been re-scheduled for January 17, 2014 (we will see)

January 17, 2014 Interview and AOS was APPROVED! dancin5hr.gif

January 27, 2014 Received GREEN CARD in mail! kicking.gif

-----------------------ROC----------------------

December 23, 2015 ROC Mailed I-751 to CSC

December 30, 2015 ROC NOA1

January 25, 2016 ROC Bio appointment

May 26, 2016 Approved!

June 4, 2016 - Received 10-year PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD in mail! :thumbs:

-----------------------CITIZENSHIP------------------

November 16, 2016 Mailed

November 19, 2016 NOA date

December 13, 2016 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.