BOS_LHR

Email from USCIS!!

118 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good job BOS_LHR. I hope the system improves as they stated. We will watch to see.

event.png

April 2, 2014: I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox

April 7, 2014: Packaged received by USCIS

April 8, 2014: Received NOA 1

Sept. 17, 2014: Received NOA 2. Case APPROVED with no RFEs

Oct. 17, 2014: Case # Assigned by NVC (Same day case was received, according to Julian # calculation)

Oct. 21, 2014: Received letter from NVC

Oct. 22, 2014: DS-261 completed and submitted to NVC

Oct. 31, 2014: Paid AOS invoice

Dec 08, 2014: Sent in IV & AoS packages

Dec 11, 2014: Package received by NVC

Dec 12, 2014: Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt. I assume this is our scan date

Dec 25, 2014: Paid IV bill

Dec 29, 2014: Funds deducted from bank account. DS-260 became available, and was completed

Dec 30, 2014: Submitted DS-260

Feb. 12, 2015: Case Complete with NO checklist! whoot, whoot!

Mar. 25, 2015: Received P4. Interview

April 29,2015: Completed medical examination

May 13, 2015: Interview Date APPROVED :dancing:

May 19, 2015: Received Package

Oct. 22, 2015: Travelled to my new home :) (In order to get IR-1 Green Card) Expiration date on IR-1/CR-1 Visa - Oct. 29, 2015

Nov 10, 2015: Received Social Security Card

Jan 4, 2016: LPR Green Card arrived.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Will also be checking on them to see if what they say will actually be done. Glad I participated though by sending the e-mail! dancin5hr.gif

04/25/2009: First Met and not long after began a long distance relationship.

10/27/2012: Married

12/20/2013 Most recent US Entry. Two week visit intended - decided to switch from consular processing to AOS after change in circumstances.

I-130 - See my profile for detailed info

AOS

02/05/2014: I-693 Civil Surgeon Medical Exam

02/28/2014: (00) AOS sent

03/03/2014: (03) AOS received

03/05/2014: (05) NOA date

03/06/2014: (06) Cheques cashed

03/10/2014: (10) Received hardcopy of NOA's

03/17/2014: (17) Received biometrics notice (appt. date 04/07/2014)

03/18/2014: (18) Successful walk-in for biometrics Brooklyn ASC

04/10/2014: (41) AOS E-mail notification status updated to Testing and Interview

04/16/2014: (47) AOS E-mail notification Interview Appointment Notice for May 19, 2014 @ 9:30 a.m.

05/08/2014: (69) EAD card in production e-mail notification

05/14/2014: (75) EAD card mailed and tracking number e-mail notification

05/16/2014: (77) EAD card received and applied for SSN

05/19/2014: (80) AOS Interview at Federal Plaza - approval pending due to I-130 file not transferred to NYC field office from Nebraska!

06/04/2014: (96) Infopass scheduled in order to show approved I-130 notice and attempt to get I-485 approval sped up. IO wasn't at work so left copy of approved I-130 and written case review request.

06/20/2014: (112) Green card was approved.

06/26/2014: (118) Received e-mail/text notification of green card approval and that card was also mailed. Received USPS tracking number at 6:45 p.m. EST.

06/27/2014: (119) Received green card in the mailbox.

ROC

03/22/2016: (00) I-751 package sent

03/23/2016: (01) I-751 package received at CSC

03/28/2016: (07) Rcvd NOA1 that includes 1 yr GC extension

03/31/2016: (10) Rcvd Bio appt notice (appt. date 04/11/2016)

04/05/2016: (15) Early bio walk-in attempt successful

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It's great to get a response from USCIS so soon. The kind of information we were waiting for. There were plenty on here telling us we couldn't get anything done so well done to everyone who believed it was worth the effort and sent emails or faxes!

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh I started crying too :)

I can't wait to be reunited with my husband. I'm going to spend one month with him in Brazil in December... I am a July filer and the BEST X-mas present I could get would be an NOA2.

I think we should still email / fax bomb everyone today.. and sporadically. :)

NOA1 received: July 30, 2013

Transferred: Jan 22, 2014 (time from NOA1 to Transfer: 5 months 3 weeks 2 days)

Touched: Jan 24, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Alien reg. # changed: Jan 27, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Filed for expedite: Feb 5, 2014

s-event.png

We made it...its nice to have a reply from them

June 2 2013 priority date
december 2013 Rfe
february 2014 sent Rfe
March 2014 approved at USCIS
june 2014 NVC received
march 2 2015 sent aos and iv package
march 8 i emailed nvc request to expedite my case
march 13 approved expedite request
march 17 in transit status in CEAC
march 19 case file at US embassy
march 23 first day of medical at Slec
march 29 personal evaluation...passed!
April 6 immunization
april 13 interview at USEM. under Administrative Processing Reason; Medical result was still not forwarded by SLEC.
After my interview i called SLEC they told me they forwarded it at USEM same day of my interview.
July 29 I emailed SLEC to confirm again when did they forwarded my Medical Result at USEM. They replied...forwarded April 13.
July 30 status update date change FINALLY.
September 2015 went in US embassy to withdraw my passport coz I've waited for how many months and no approval yet. Only to find out my case file has been sitting in the corner ...no one reviewed my medical result. to make the story short, I took medical again for the second time , then after a my medical result released, I have my visa on my hands.

October 28 2015 POE Sam Francisco
November 7, 2015 SSN
December 2015... 10 year green card arrived
December 2015 Driver's license issued..yay! <p>

NATURALIZATION N400 SECTION 319B
January 29,2016 Application for N400 section 319b sent at Phoenix AZ
February 1 Priority date
February 9 NOA
February 23 Biometric done, walk in (March 2 original schedule
February 28 Inline for interview
March 30 interview was scheduled
May 4, 2016 INTERVIEW APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i truely believe they must have been dropping some bricks in their pants when they saw the organized movement and had to do something before they got caught with their "pants down"...

To everyone who made some noise yesterday: WELL DONE!!! They heard us. Just received the following email:

Dear Stakeholder,

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has received communications from the public expressing concerns regarding extended processing times for Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, filed by U.S. citizens for their eligible immediate relatives. USCIS provides information below in response to the concerns expressed.

USCIS is ever-mindful of the need to process a U.S. citizen’s immediate relative Form I-130 carefully and expeditiously. The need is defined by the immigration system’s goal of preserving family unity. It is for this fundamental reason that USCIS has been focused on addressing delays in the processing of these Forms I-130 for several months.

Through concerted efforts, USCIS is now adjudicating U.S. citizens’ immediate relative Forms I-130 filed as early as February 2013. This is a significant step forward, as previously published guidance reflected the processing of these Forms I-130 filed in October 2012. Furthermore, USCIS expects the processing of these Forms I-130 to be increasingly timely in the ensuing weeks, culminating in the return to an average processing time of five months for these Forms I-130 by May 2014.

USCIS has focused on these Forms I-130 for the very reason that affected members of the public have expressed their concerns; the importance of family unity. Last month, in an effort to expedite the adjudication of these cases, USCIS began transferring stand-alone Forms I-130 filed by U.S. citizens for their immediate relatives from USCIS’s National Benefits Center to its Nebraska, Texas, and California Service Centers. This shift improves USCIS’s ability to adjudicate the cases in a timely manner.

When You Receive a Notice of Transfer of Your Case

If your case was transferred, USCIS will send you a notice listing the transfer date and where your case will be processed. Your original receipt number will not change and this will not further delay the processing of your case. USCIS will take action on your case within 60 days of the transfer date listed in your notice.

How to Track the Status of Your Case

We have recently updated the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov with processing times for Form I-130 cases filed by U.S. citizens for their eligible immediate relatives. Please check the processing times for your petition before inquiring about your case. If your case is transferred to another USCIS office, you should refer to the processing times for the office that has received your case.

You can check the status of your case at www.uscis.gov by entering your receipt number in the “Check Status” field. Additionally, you can sign up to receive automatic case status updates by email as your case is processed. If you have not received a decision on your case within the published processing time, you may submit an inquiry using e-Request or contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283. For TDD hearing impaired assistance, please call 1-800-767-1833. When making any case status inquiries, you should reference your original receipt number and indicate that your case was transferred to a new location.

If you have filed a Form I-130 and you receive a request for evidence or any other type of communication from USCIS, please read the notice carefully to ensure that you respond to the same service center that sent you the notice.

If you move while your case is pending, you can change your address on the USCIS website or contact the NCSC so that USCIS can notify you of any further action on your case. It is important that you notify USCIS of any change of address as soon as possible after moving.

We appreciate the concerns that members of the public have expressed on this important subject. We are mindful of those concerns and are addressing them with great diligence.

Kind Regards,

USCIS Public Engagement Division

BOS_LHR: Did USCIS sent this to you directly?

I did not get anything from USCIS.

I contacted my Senator's office this morning, and they forwarded me this email.

Great support from everyone dancin5hr.gif.

Edited by naam_2013

CR-1 Timeline (USCIS)
NOA-1 (PD): 05/16/2013

NOA-2: 02/03/2014

CR-1 Timeline (NVC)

NVC Received: 02/14/2014

Case# and IIN# assigned: 03/20/2014

Case Completed: 05/15/2014

CR-1 Timeline (ISL Consulate)

Interview Scheduled: 05/28/2014

Day of Interview: 07/22/2014

Interview result: Approved

Visa Received 08/07/2014 :dancing:

Just to be clear, no policy changed with USCIS because of this campaign. Because of it, you got an email (good!) and an estimate when times would be back to normal (also good!) But no policy changed. USCIS has known there was a problem and they have been working on it, though slowly. That is why they made the new NBC center and the like. You can see that approvals have picked up significantly lately. Yesterday there were 6, and 4 the day before (this is just the small sample from VJ). http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=4&option=1&sortby=2

It's good to get them to respond, though.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.