35 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes i marry a philippines woman we got to file to removing her conditions on her green card in 7 month but she came here in 2012 after she got her 2 year green then she move 30 day after to california she want pick up the phone or nothing all she care about money and she want a divorce i know this marriage is not in good faith all she want a green card the questions is do she need a proof that she marriage me in good faith after we get a divorce and can she marriage someone new and still get her a 10 year green i know it a scam do she still need proof

Edited by mike1111

Timeline

I am more then positive, that this post is not by the husband but more likely by the woman. Just my thought.

im am the husband she use me get the green card now she want a divorce but her 2 year green card will go out next i know im not file her paper

I am sorry, the way it was written just seemed very suspicious. If my opinion counts, I wouldn't assist her on that. She used you from Day 1.

I am just scared that she will start using you again, when she realizes that her green card is about to expire and starts doing and saying things like: I am sorry, it wasn't meant like that or give us another chance.

Please be very careful.

11/03/2011 ~ We got married heart.gif in Toender, Denmarkheart.gif

02/09/2012 ~ Arrived in the US ~ Port of entry Dallas Forth Worth, TX

03/02/2012 ~ Received Welcome Letter

03/14/2012 ~ Received Green Card in the Mail

11/18/2013 ~ Mailed I-751 Removal of conditions

11/22/2013 ~ Check cashed

11/25/2013 ~ NOA 1 receipt date 11/20/2013

12/02/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment 12/26/2013

12/26/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment done

09/12/2014~ Approved - Card in Productioin

09/15/2014~ Letter of approval received

09/20/2014~ Card received....yipiiiiieeeee

qap2exyw.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits, from Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion - As more appropriate place~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi Mike ! Welcome Back ! Nice to see you here again.

Did you read any of your prior posts, and enact any of the advice given then?

Yes? No ?

If no, why no ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I am sorry, the way it was written just seemed very suspicious. If my opinion counts, I wouldn't assist her on that. She used you from Day 1.

I am just scared that she will start using you again, when she realizes that her green card is about to expire and starts doing and saying things like: I am sorry, it wasn't meant like that or give us another chance.

Please be very careful.

i will thank u

yes i marry a philippines woman we got to file to removing her conditions on her green card in 7 month but she came here in 2012 after she got her 2 year green then she move 30 day after to california she want pick up the phone or nothing all she care about money and she want a divorce i know this marriage is not in good faith all she want a green card the questions is do she need a proof that she marriage me in good faith after we get a divorce and can she marriage someone new and still get her a 10 year green i know it a scam do she still need proof

Divorce her and let her apply for ROC on her own and have her try to explain to the USCIS that after receiving the 2 year GC she moved out within 30 days. That is a very big red flag that the marriage was entered into just for the GC especially since she did not divorce you right after moving out. Divorce and move on with your life. Let her deal her immigration situation. Now that she has her 10 year GC she can apply either with you or without you for the 10 year GC, but she must show that the marriage was entered into in good faith. IMHO, I would look at this case and make her have to really explain why she moved out after receiving the 2 year GC and not filing for divorce right away.

Good luck,

Dave

Timeline

Divorce her and let her apply for ROC on her own and have her try to explain to the USCIS that after receiving the 2 year GC she moved out within 30 days. That is a very big red flag that the marriage was entered into just for the GC especially since she did not divorce you right after moving out. Divorce and move on with your life. Let her deal her immigration situation. Now that she has her 10 year GC she can apply either with you or without you for the 10 year GC, but she must show that the marriage was entered into in good faith. IMHO, I would look at this case and make her have to really explain why she moved out after receiving the 2 year GC and not filing for divorce right away.

Good luck,

Dave

i live in georgia and she move to california after 30 day she came to georgia stay 30 day then move no she got her 2 year green right now we got file in may 2014 i know now i will not file it anyway she dont got no proof that she live with me

Filed: Timeline

Mike your original language is not English?...Might

it be Mike's wife trying to garner info on next move

for check-mate=GC, if not & U are Mike just report

her, get info pass & report in person also send certified

info with copies of all her docs to USCIS& call ICE cant hurt

good luck whomever U R

Filed: Timeline

i live in georgia and she move to california after 30 day she came to georgia stay 30 day then move no she got her 2 year green right now we got file in may 2014 i know now i will not file it anyway she dont got no proof that she live with me

Do you have any proof that she married you only for a green card? I ask because if you do, then there is a lot you can do to make sure she doesn't get her ROC approved. The first thing would be to bring all evidence to the USCIS, and a fraud alert will be put in her name. If the evidence is strong, she will almost certainly not be able to get a 10 year green card. If you don't have any proof, there is very little you can do, and it will be on her alone to prove that the marriage was in good faith on her part. If she left you after 30 days, and has little to no proof of a bona fide marriage, it will be very difficult for her to remove conditions. She will then be placed in removal proceedings.

She can marry whoever she wants to, but her new marriage will not have any impact on her filing for ROC. She is already a permanent resident, so no one can file any petition for her. Simply put, you cannot file a petition for someone to immigrate if they already live here legally! Her conditional green card is tied to your marriage, and anyone new she might marry is irrelevant. The only way it would become relevant is if she left the country, abandoned her green card and a potential new husband filed a new petition for her.

Edited by jaycali

Divorce her and she will have to file as soon as the divorce is finalized OR 90 days before the 2 year GC expires which ever comes first. Once divorced, SHE has to file with a waiver for the joint filing requirement. SHE will have to show that SHE entered into the married in good faith and not just to get a GC. If her ROC is denied then it is up to HER to follow the rules. The only thing is that YOU will be on the hook for the I-864 if she should get mean tested benefits before satisfying the requirements of the I-864. File for divorce and make an INFOpass appointment to show the USCIS the proof that she does not and has not lived with you since getting her GC. Let them decide if she qualifies for a 10 year GC.

File for divorce and move on with your life. Karma is a b!tch and she will get hers and if you try to "get even" you will get yours. Take the high ground, file for divorce and let the chips fall where they may.

Good luck,

Dave.

P.S. I understand she has a conditional GC and that she has not lived with you in GA since receiving it, but moved to CA. You do not need to repeat this over and over. Of course I keep repeating get a divorce over and overgood.gif so we are even.

Yes, she still needs proof that the marriage was in good faith. Although that would be hard considering that she moved out 30 days later. She would still need proof that marriage is on going after she received her green card. Like many people said, you should report her ###. I too have the suspicion that this is the wife looking for info for her next move. You need to call USCIS right now say you came to this marriage in good faith and thought she was too but she moved out 30 days after the GC and you haven't been able to get in touch with her. Wash your hands clean and be done with it. Move on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Mike read my post on how to report fraud to uscis.. Contact FDNS sometimes the folks at the front desk try to deny access to the investigators...be stubborn and present your case based on FACTS, not emotion...the fact she left 30 days after green card arrived is a HUGE red flag. If you need help send me a message. Brian

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.