TJNeumeyer

disappointed to receive a RFE

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We received our NOA1 for a K-1 in August and were getting really excited the people filing around the same time as us were receiving their NOA2. Just got an email update today that we're being sent an RFE :( I was extremely disappointed! I'm not sure exactly what it's for yet, but it seems that most people receive them for lack of evidence on having personally met in the last 2 years. I sent boarding passes and pictures. I thought there was no way we would get an RFE because of the circumstances under which we met....

We were both employed on the same cruise ship for a year. We were in the same place everyday for a year! How can you need an RFE?! You don't get more proof than that!

Is it possible they're sending us an RFE for something else??

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You have to wait for the official RFE letter to determine the exact nature of the RFE. Respond to the RFE promptly and thoroughly, and hopefully there won't be much of a delay. At least now you know that an adjudicator has starting actually working on your petition.

Good luck.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can receive an RFE for anything that is needed/missing. It can be for more evidence, a required document that is missing, no original signatures where they were required, a completely missed signature or a box unchecked, etc. You cannot know what it is for until you get the letter that tells you what they need from you.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We received our NOA1 for a K-1 in August and were getting really excited the people filing around the same time as us were receiving their NOA2. Just got an email update today that we're being sent an RFE sad.png I was extremely disappointed! I'm not sure exactly what it's for yet, but it seems that most people receive them for lack of evidence on having personally met in the last 2 years. I sent boarding passes and pictures. I thought there was no way we would get an RFE because of the circumstances under which we met....

We were both employed on the same cruise ship for a year. We were in the same place everyday for a year! How can you need an RFE?! You don't get more proof than that!

It could be for anything. I got an RFE September 30. I received the hardcopy a week later. Turned out I forgot to answer the criminality question on the I-129f application form ! Until you get the the letter of RFE from USCIS, it could be about anything. Don't worry too much. One good thing is your case is being worked upon . Once you have submitted the evidence they want and satisfied their inquiry, you're not that far off from an approval.

We received our NOA1 for a K-1 in August and were getting really excited the people filing around the same time as us were receiving their NOA2. Just got an email update today that we're being sent an RFE sad.png I was extremely disappointed! I'm not sure exactly what it's for yet, but it seems that most people receive them for lack of evidence on having personally met in the last 2 years. I sent boarding passes and pictures. I thought there was no way we would get an RFE because of the circumstances under which we met....

Please remember again what you've sent in your I-129F. What about letter intent of marry, is it signed? G-325A, are you sure use this form? someone use G-325 instead. I'm probably wrong, but seems like an RFE is not about met in person within 2 years. Probably some forms that you've sent are not completed yet.

I actually was worried we would get an RFE since we only sent visa stamps on passport without biographical pages. Fortunately we did not get any. We were approved. Have you sent your passport with visa stamps?

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

RFEs can be for anything. We had one as well and it was because we forgot to include a simple little document that showed intent to marry....silly us, we thought that by showing contracts for wedding venue and photography would be enough. :) But we got the required document mailed out on the same day that we got the RFE letter in the mail, and we were approved about 8 days later. Like someone above said, whatever they're asking for, just get it turned back around as quickly as possibly. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I triple checked that every box was signed/checked/filled in and that every form was there. We sent our intents to marry. We did not send any passport stamps because we didn't receive any stamps while working the cruise line together. My fiance came to visit me in the States last April (when we got engaged) so those would be the only set of stamps that would help. If the RFE does end up being for more proof of having met in the last 2 years, that would be the only additional evidence we could send. I don't know if it would be enough...

How about divorce decree? If Nathan was married before, sometimes the UK Decree Absolute is rejected by USCIS workers who are not familiar that it will not be signed by a judge.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I triple checked that every box was signed/checked/filled in and that every form was there. We sent our intents to marry. We did not send any passport stamps because we didn't receive any stamps while working the cruise line together. My fiance came to visit me in the States last April (when we got engaged) so those would be the only set of stamps that would help. If the RFE does end up being for more proof of having met in the last 2 years, that would be the only additional evidence we could send. I don't know if it would be enough...

Keep us posted on your progress. I hope it is not something difficult to figure out.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

Nich-Nick

neither one of us has been married before

We are in the same situation! We are positive that everything has a signature and dates,we complete evidences and correct forms and no blanks at all! It's really disappointing! We received a txt/email Oct 16 that they are requesting additional evidence. My fiance called them today to ask about it and it freaked him out when they said that we have to WAIT 15 DAYS before we received our letter! It's not right..that is too long! We really dont know what to do..if should we call them back or wait for 15 days..! ranting33va.gif

Timeline

It could be for anything. I got an RFE September 30. I received the hardcopy a week later. Turned out I forgot to answer the criminality question on the I-129f application form ! Until you get the the letter of RFE from USCIS, it could be about anything. Don't worry too much. One good thing is your case is being worked upon . Once you have submitted the evidence they want and satisfied their inquiry, you're not that far off from an approval.

How many days exactly u received ur RFE hardcopy in the mail? Coz when my fiance called the USCIS for our RFE, they said we have to wait 15 days! But thats too long..!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We received an RFE in September from the CA service center. The RFE happened on Thu and I received the hard copy in the mail that Sat. I had a complete copy of what we sent in and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Turns out they couldn't understand my name change so I sent in the additional document they requested that Monday. We just received our approval exactly 1 month after sending in the requested document back to them. It's stressful waiting for the RFE to arrive, but just give it a few days. It could be something as simple as them misplacing a document you already sent in and you'll just need to resend.

We are also waiting for official letter for our REF, I know one of them as I caught it the day after I sent(tax forms..duhh) and I'm sure there will be a few more as well..lol...I'm not sweating it, until I see what else they need if anything. :)

Ours is a pretty straight forward case, and the RFE doesn't scare me.............yet............lol

2008 Met on FB through mutual friends (platonic)
05/2012 Decided to "give it a try" after some mutual flirtations
07/2012 Met in person
08/06/2013 Proposed
21/06/2013 Married
10/09/2013 Sent I-130/I-485
19/09/2013 Cheques Cashed
23/09/2013 Hard copy NOA1
21/10/2013 Biometrics Appt Lawrence MA

21/10/2013 RFE for I-864 only, send tax transcripts and a bunch of other redundant info due to missing tax forms..ugh...

29/10/2013 Send in all required RFE Documents (hold up waiting for IRS transcripts)

31/10/2013 Online status changed to RFE response review

12/12/2013 Status changed to Testing and Interview and EAD sent out 10th, AP approved the 5th FINALLY!!!!!

14/12/2013 EAD/AP Combo received in mail smile.png

18/12/2013 Online Interview date of January 23/2014, instructions sent in mail.

23/01/2014 APPROVED...Green Card being sent in mail, no stamp in passport

29/01/2014 Received Welcome Letter

30/01/2014 Green Card Received babayyyyy!!

01/02/2014 Returned Green Card...Mistake on dates

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.