Me&myBaby

Don't ever go K-1

91 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

It took us 90 days from filing to visa but we are not typical of the process I don't know why some get processed quick and other just linger on and on we are processing our ead and aos now and you are right it seems to be a never ending pile of paper and tons of money. We got a RFE because the local braintrusts at the uscis office gave me outdated forms to use, I have been there several times and each I come out feeling more stupid then I went in. I have heard the CR 1 is even more stressful because of the guidelines they have for it. Right now in the USA everything is slow and costs more and more, but can you really and truly put a price on your happiness? My wife has be here since May 1 we were married on May 27, she has taken up beading to pass the time until her ead gets here. She is getting very good at it. All I can say is be patient, be strong, and let your love guide you through the processes ahead!

Thank you so much!!!

I guess maybe there are no better options....every and each person is different, and I don't deal if waiting very well as you can see....specially here, not working and "alone" (husband works all day)

My husband hasn't been really supportive, and he might be cheating on me already (text messages and women on facebook), so maybe is the disappointment that is talking.

Don't feel stupid, as you see, they aren't the smartest person in the world neither.

Good luck and I hope the waiting ends soon for you!

Thank you so much!!!

I guess maybe there are no better options....every and each person is different, and I don't deal if waiting very well as you can see....specially here, not working and "alone" (husband works all day)

My husband hasn't been really supportive, and he might be cheating on me already (text messages and women on facebook), so maybe is the disappointment that is talking.

Don't feel stupid, as you see, they aren't the smartest person in the world neither.

Good luck and I hope the waiting ends soon for you!

That must be really hard to know by yourself that no supporting available from your husband since you moved there and literally gave up everything in your country for this man. And cheating problem as well. Be strong and believe me, there is always way out of any problems. rose.gif . Good luck.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

I do agree with you about working. I never ask money to anyone including my now-fiance-though he insisted it-. But when I eventually be with my him, I will use all spare time with him that has been lost when we were in long distance relationship for more than 5 years by now. I would take a break from a work a little while, learning new things, try to see life in different perspective or maybe just do some visits to different places everyday.

I've been working for the last 10 years as a journalist and sometimes I felt need to take a break. Maybe I will do some volunteering work-if it doesn't need an EAD- and or focus to my online business. Big apologize, I am not trying to lecture you since you already there and not knowing your real situation.

But, I don't care how painful the process as long as I am with my future husband. No pain no gain. Last but not least, I am sorry to hear you have to feel this way.

Thank you for your words!!!

There are a lots of beautiful places here, so you will enjoy your time off.

Not lecturing at all, I totally understand what you mean.

Timeline

That must be really hard to know by yourself that no supporting available from your husband since you moved there and literally gave up everything in your country for this man. And cheating problem as well. Be strong and believe me, there is always way out of any problems. rose.gif . Good luck.

I have found so many text messages, and facebook messages, and after 8 days we got married, 8 days of marriage and 3 days after AOS was filled.

Of course I didn't want my marriage to last 8 days, specially after everything we all go through to get here.......he denies the whole thing, saying that are just texts, "a man thing, to see if we still got it" but is really hard to trust again....

As you said, I gave up my country, and I know everyone does, but when it happens to you, you really realize how bad it feels....

Thank you for your support, and now just time will tell :)

I'd much rather be in a K-1 situation right now given how fast they are being processed compared to I-130s. I likely won't be able to be with my wife for almost two years if things keep up like they have been. Just saying.

Married in Edinburgh, Scotland: 07-06-2013

I-130 Package Sent to Chicago Lockbox: 09-04-2013

NOA1 from the National Benefits Center: 09-05-2013

I-130 Package Transferred to California Service Center: 02-25-2014

NOA2: 03-05-2014

NVC Received: 03-17-2014

Case # and IIN Assigned: 04-18-2014

DS-261 Generated and Completed: 04-26-2014

AOS Fee Invoiced and Paid: 04-29-2014

IV Fee Invoiced and Paid: 05-01-2014

AOS Fee Shows as Paid: 05-01-2014

IV Fee Shows as Paid: 05-05-2014

AOS and IV Packages Sent via UPS: 05-08-2014

AOS and IV Packages Received: 05-12-2014

AOS and IV Packages Input Into System: 05-14-2014

DS-260 Completed: 05-16-2014

Case Complete: 06-11-2014

Medical Exam: 07-08-2014

Interview in Warsaw, Poland: 08-28-2014 @ 8:30AM - APPROVED!

Visa Package Received: 09-01-2014

POE at Chicago O'Hare International Airport: 09-23-2014

I-751 Package Received: 07-11-2016

NOA1: 07-16-2016

I-751 Biometrics Apointment: 08-01-2016

ROC Approval (during citizenship interview): 12-20-2017

10-Year Green Card Received: N/A due to approved N-400

N-400 Filed Online: 08-28-2017

N-400 NOA1 Date: 08-29-2017

N-400 Biometrics Appointment: 09-22-2017

Status Changed to Interview Scheduled: 09-22-2017

Status Change to Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed: 11-15-2017

N-400 Interview: 12-20-2017 - APPROVED!

Oath of Allegiance Scheduled: 12-29-2017

Oath of Allegiance: 01-18-2018 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

It took us even longer than you, but step by step we are taking it. I am sorry you are not happy, but soon you should have your EAD and AP. Hang in there.

Timeline

It took us even longer than you, but step by step we are taking it. I am sorry you are not happy, but soon you should have your EAD and AP. Hang in there.

Thnaks! And I am sorry it took you so long.....

And my dad passed away 2 weeks before my interview, so maybe that helped to make this process more painful.

Good luck in the rest of your journey!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Oh, I am so sorry about your loss. sad.png I'm sure that doesn't help at all. I wish you the best too. Our next step is removal of restrictions in another year as we just celebrated our first wedding anniversary yesterday. cool.png

I might be really wrong and maybe the other options available are even worse, but in my opinion and for those looking for advice........don't ever go the K1 route!

The process is so long, so much money, time, papers, forms........and I know that happens with all immigration processes, but this one..........it never ends!

It took me 9 months to get here, then 2 months to get married, then more time, more money, more papers, and my EAD and AP haven't arrive yet........so we missed our honeymoon that it was supposed to be this week, and I just found the job of my dreams but I can't start because of this EAD!

To get my ID, it took me 4 trips to the MVA and a lot of begging so I wouldn't have to be carrying my passport with my visa everywhere, specially if I want one single glass of wine in a restaurant and they wlll only accept passports as proof of ID.

I love my husband, and really like this country, and I want to stay, but is just so hard to stay home for 5 months, I have always worked and don't want to ask my husband for money just to go to and have a coffee with a friend.

Those are my two pennies.......good luck anyway to everyone on the process!

So, did you not now what you were signing up for? I know I did my resecrch and knew exactly what we were getting into. It really was not that bad, we are still alive and well today. each route has it's pro's and con's.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yep the process is a pain, but lucky you are at least in the US, lots of others here are still waiting, waiting, waiting. Each application type has it own merits and drawbacks, for each couple.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Trust me, 2 years ago it wasnt like that. It took me 3 month to get the noa2. My whole process was 6 month since applied until I move in. And it was almost the same for the people who applied at the same around the same date. Things changed dramatically on august 2012.

The thing is, once you are here you are responsible for the next steps of your journey, and how long it takes. Some people come here with the idea of having a fairy tale wedding, which takes time to plan...so what happens? This people wait to the very end of the 90 days, to get marry and thennnnn apply for AOS. Im tired of reading about people who spent all their budget on their wedding, leaving them without a $$$ to pay for the GC. What is the right thing to do? get marry ASAP and apply for AOS ASAP. Once you are done, you have plenty of time to plan whatever you want to do.

I know we all dream about having a beautiful wedding and a great honey moon but the fact is that we are dealing with an immigration process. You still can go on a honeymoon whenever you want as long as you have your GC.

I know is a very overwhelming process but try to think about all the things you maybe did not do in time, and might be the reason of your delays

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

Trust me, 2 years ago it wasnt like that. It took me 3 month to get the noa2. My whole process was 6 month since applied until I move in. And it was almost the same for the people who applied at the same around the same date. Things changed dramatically on august 2012.

The thing is, once you are here you are responsible for the next steps of your journey, and how long it takes. Some people come here with the idea of having a fairy tale wedding, which takes time to plan...so what happens? This people wait to the very end of the 90 days, to get marry and thennnnn apply for AOS. Im tired of reading about people who spent all their budget on their wedding, leaving them without a $$$ to pay for the GC. What is the right thing to do? get marry ASAP and apply for AOS ASAP. Once you are done, you have plenty of time to plan whatever you want to do.

I know we all dream about having a beautiful wedding and a great honey moon but the fact is that we are dealing with an immigration process. You still can go on a honeymoon whenever you want as long as you have your GC.

I know is a very overwhelming process but try to think about all the things you maybe did not do in time, and might be the reason of your delays

You are right. Unfortunately, in my case, my husband didn't want to get married....and we didn't have a party. We didn't even have rings. I sent my AOS after 4 days we got married, and did everything by myself and with visajourney, since he didn't help much.

Maybe that should have been my first clue.........but I was here already, and all for him........so we did it. And after 8 days I found ll those text messages from him to many women.......so as I said, thay might be the real reason of my disappointment. And also the lenght of this process. We first filled on July 2012....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I might be really wrong and maybe the other options available are even worse, but in my opinion and for those looking for advice........don't ever go the K1 route!

The process is so long, so much money, time, papers, forms........and I know that happens with all immigration processes, but this one..........it never ends!

It took me 9 months to get here, then 2 months to get married, then more time, more money, more papers, and my EAD and AP haven't arrive yet........so we missed our honeymoon that it was supposed to be this week, and I just found the job of my dreams but I can't start because of this EAD!

To get my ID, it took me 4 trips to the MVA and a lot of begging so I wouldn't have to be carrying my passport with my visa everywhere, specially if I want one single glass of wine in a restaurant and they wlll only accept passports as proof of ID.

I love my husband, and really like this country, and I want to stay, but is just so hard to stay home for 5 months, I have always worked and don't want to ask my husband for money just to go to and have a coffee with a friend.

Those are my two pennies.......good luck anyway to everyone on the process!

I absolutely agree,K-1 is a pain in the butt..If I had to do it again it would go the CR-1 route..

Timeline

Yep the process is a pain, but lucky you are at least in the US, lots of others here are still waiting, waiting, waiting. Each application type has it own merits and drawbacks, for each couple.

Also right. I have been in the waiting room, so I understand everyone.

I am saying, my personal opinion, that I would rather have gone through CR1 and wait whatever time enjoying my family, friends, keep working, skypeing with my husband, and them come here with almost everything ready.

And as you said, each couple and each person is its own world, and each couple makes th best decision that fits their needs and beliefs.

Oh, I am so sorry about your loss. sad.png I'm sure that doesn't help at all. I wish you the best too. Our next step is removal of restrictions in another year as we just celebrated our first wedding anniversary yesterday. cool.png

Congrats!!! And thank you for the condolences.

At the end we will know that really worth it (is there an ending in all this?) so let's just enjoy the road, right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.