Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2013

418 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I submitted by ds260 (september 13)after reciecig a checklist due to the new form which i had already submitted in august he ds230.the 20th of september nvc received the police certificate i resent jut incase and until now no case complete can anyone gove me their opinion suggesions please how much more is the wait time

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sure ! have evidence? Submit it with the DS-230 or the civil docs required for the DS-260.

Handing it over on interview day is waaaaaaaaaaay too late.

as to VFS for India - sorry - I've read all types of silly and horror stories about VFS in India, in the India sub-forum.

Doing doc intake for a Immigrant Visa at NVC, are you? You should send everything to NVC.

Are you talking to a supervisor at NVC? IMO, is better to get a supervisor there, if'n you want actual resolution to a problem.

Thanks Darnell,

So, you say I should send all of my back loading to NVC and not the VFS?

Also, this DS-260 form, it seems to be an electronic form of the I-130, true? I dunno if it's applicable to me since we applied 2 years ago.

And, lastly, soooo confused about packets 3 & 4, which one I need and when to submit them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We have got a checklist for AOS! my husband was unemployed till june 2013 as he was studying abroad and was not in US and has not filed his taxes as he was studying and didnt have a job abroad as well.. His father had listed him as his dependent.. So we wrote a letter along with AOS and attached his father's AOS as a joint sponsor and sent his father's taxes and income.. we have stated the recent work details of my husband and his recent pay.. but we got a checklist stating that they want tax returns of 2012 or a letter stating why taxes weren't filed. we already have done dat.. why are they asking for a checklist again...

On calling the operator we got the answer to follow what the checklist says.. I mean should we send the letter again? or do we need to do sumthing else? Please someone help mee.

ukp88, did you check the box on item no.13 part 6 (tax return) in your husband's I-864? and did you also put zero in current individual income item no.5 part 6?

My VisaJourney:

I'm the beneficiary

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Sep 2012 - Marriage

USCIS:
02/15/2013 - I-130 Sent
02/22/2013 - NOA1
06/07/2013 - Case transferred to Newark field office
07/12/2013 - InfoPass appointment
08/01/2013 - I-130 approved (160 Days)
08/05/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
08/19/2013 - NVC Received
08/29/2013 - Case number and INN assigned
08/31/2013 - Sent DS-3032 email template
09/04/2013 - Paid AOS bill
09/05/2013 - Submitted DS-261 online form
09/06/2013 - AOS bill showed Paid
09/16/2013 - DS-261 Received
09/17/2013 - Paid IV bill
09/18/2013 - IV bill showed Paid
09/20/2013 - Submitted DS-260 online form
09/22/2013 - Sent IV package
09/30/2013 - IV package received by NVC
10/22/2013 - IV package accepted
10/31/2013 - Sent AOS package
11/04/2013 - AOS package received by NVC
11/27/2013 - Case Complete
04/30/2014 - Interview Scheduled for Jun 11
06/11/2014 - At interview consul asked for another joint sponsor
07/10/2014 - Sent joint sponsor papers
07/17/2014 - VISA On Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello Friends,

One question: Is Citizenship Certificate required for Nepal during submission of civil documents for IV package. If so do they require the original or a photocopy will do the job?

One of the member (very helpful) advised me to send one but I do not have it handy and do not want to get a checklist for it as well. :)

Any other Nepal filers can chime in and advise?

Thanks,

Timeline

Hello Friends,

One question: Is Citizenship Certificate required for Nepal during submission of civil documents for IV package. If so do they require the original or a photocopy will do the job?

One of the member (very helpful) advised me to send one but I do not have it handy and do not want to get a checklist for it as well. smile.png

Any other Nepal filers can chime in and advise?

Thanks,

Hello,

I got my Citizen Certificate translated and then notarized before sending it in.

I havent gotten checklist but haven't received case complete either.

Just wanted to share.

PD - Jan 31st 2013

Local Field Office - Washington DC (Fairfax)

NOA2 - August 23 2013

======

NVC Received - 11th September

NVC Assigned - 17th September

DS261 Filled - 20th September

AOS generated - 20th September

AOS paid - 21st September

DS261 Rec'd - 23rd September

AOS Package Rec'd - 30th September

IV Generated - 7th October

IV Paid - 7th October

IV Package Rec'd - 18th October

Checklist For AOS - 29th October

Checklist Responded - 29th October

New AOS Package Rec'd - 30th October

=======

AOS Accepted -

CASE COMPLETE -

Interview -

POE -

owAmp5.png

Timeline

Hello,

I got my Citizen Certificate translated and then notarized before sending it in.

I havent gotten checklist but haven't received case complete either.

Just wanted to share.

Thanks, did you send in an original or a photocopy?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Thanks, did you send in an original or a photocopy?

I believe a photocopy of the passport details page should suffice.

I will probably be sending:

Passport copy of the beneficiary

Birth Certificate of the beneficiary (Original in Nepali and Translated in English (Certified))

I-130 (California Service Center) / Category: F2A / Priority Date: Sep 6rd, 2013

I-130
2013-09-01 : I-130 Sent

• 2013-09-03: I-130 Received
  • 2013-09-06: NOA-1
  • 2013-10-01: NOA2 approved (SMS and email from USCIS

2013-10-06: NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

2013-10-15: NVC received the case

2013-10-21: Case Number , Invoice Number and BIN received

• 2013-10-24: Choice of Agent (DS 261) filled. (AOS, IV fee not available yet)
  • 2013-10-25: Email to pay AOS fee
  • 2013-10-28: AOS payment available and paid
  • 2013-10-30: AOS Shows as "Paid"
  • 2013-11-01: Mailed i864 docs
  • 2013-11-01: IV fee available and paid
  • 2013-11-01: AOS Docs received at NVC ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-04 IV Supporting Docs mailed ( IV payment still shows as IN PROCESS...but moneys already withdrawn from account)
  • 2013-11-06 IV Supporting Docs received ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-07: IV Shows as "PAID"

2013-11-07: Received/Entered both AOS and IV in the system for review.

• 2013-11-08: DS 260 completes and submitted.

2013-12-05: Received checklist for AOS

In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following...

[x] Item 12. As the petitioner sponsoring your spouse or child, you must indicate whether or not you are currently on active duty in the U.S. armed services.

In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...

[x] Item 10. The current annual household income must equal the sum of items 5, 6.c., 7.c., 8.c., and 9.c.

• 2013-12-05: Sent checklist response for AOS
  • 2013-12-07: Received "false checklist": IV Docs reviewed and accepted

2013-12-11: Entered checklist for AOS into system

2014-01-06: Case Complete per call to NVC.

2014-01-29: Interview Date assigned

2014-02-03: CEAC site updated to "In Transit"

2014-03-04: Interview Date

2014-03-04: VISA APPROVED. pickup on 2013-03-06

Thanks to all
GLTA

Timeline

I believe a photocopy of the passport details page should suffice.

I will probably be sending:

Passport copy of the beneficiary

Birth Certificate of the beneficiary (Original in Nepali and Translated in English (Certified))

I do have the Biographic page passport copy, birth certificate (original/translated), Citizenship certificate (photocopy in Nepalese).

If they absolutely need the original i.e certified citizenship certificate then I would have to ask my wife to send it to me and I am just just trying to avoid the delay in mailing.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ukp88, did you check the box on item no.13 part 6 (tax return) in your husband's I-864? and did you also put zero in current individual income item no.5 part 6?

hello. no i didnt check the box item no.13 part 6.. and did not put zero in the current income.. we put the current income he just started earning in 2013. do we have to put a zero?? and wot abt the item no.13 part6? i didnt check that box

I'm a little confused....I got the NVC Case ID# and the IIN#...but I log in and it says that I am NOT INVOICED and can not check the box to pay the fee. Is this normal for a certain time or should I be concerned?

Thanks!

APPROVED 2/13/2014! dancin5hr.gif Day before heart.gif day. rose.gif

Timeline

I do have the Biographic page passport copy, birth certificate (original/translated), Citizenship certificate (photocopy in Nepalese).

If they absolutely need the original i.e certified citizenship certificate then I would have to ask my wife to send it to me and I am just just trying to avoid the delay in mailing.

I sent in certified copy of my citizenship. I don't have the link with me right now but there is a travel.state.gov page which lists requirements for IV applicants from Nepal. Found that link here in VJ. Will look for it and let you know.

I'm a little confused....I got the NVC Case ID# and the IIN#...but I log in and it says that I am NOT INVOICED and can not check the box to pay the fee. Is this normal for a certain time or should I be concerned?

Thanks!

You have to wait for status to be INVOICED :)

Probably a couple of days. Congrats on making it to NVC.

PD - Jan 31st 2013

Local Field Office - Washington DC (Fairfax)

NOA2 - August 23 2013

======

NVC Received - 11th September

NVC Assigned - 17th September

DS261 Filled - 20th September

AOS generated - 20th September

AOS paid - 21st September

DS261 Rec'd - 23rd September

AOS Package Rec'd - 30th September

IV Generated - 7th October

IV Paid - 7th October

IV Package Rec'd - 18th October

Checklist For AOS - 29th October

Checklist Responded - 29th October

New AOS Package Rec'd - 30th October

=======

AOS Accepted -

CASE COMPLETE -

Interview -

POE -

owAmp5.png

I sent in certified copy of my citizenship. I don't have the link with me right now but there is a travel.state.gov page which lists requirements for IV applicants from Nepal. Found that link here in VJ. Will look for it and let you know.

You have to wait for status to be INVOICED smile.png

Probably a couple of days. Congrats on making it to NVC.

Ahhh! Thank you Kaale and Dalli! Of course...why wouldn't I have expected another wait? LOL! Thank you! I was worried. smile.png

Sorry to be so full of questions tonight, but, I have another one. My husband is in Holland now, but previously lived in France. Will his police report from Holland suffice? He has been there for 2 years...or do you think that he should also submit his French police report? Does anyone know how long back they require the police report? He has the Dutch one coming this week, but requested the French one a month ago and still hasn't received it. So, this could be a delay. Any help would be appreciated.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sorry to be so full of questions tonight, but, I have another one. My husband is in Holland now, but previously lived in France. Will his police report from Holland suffice? He has been there for 2 years...or do you think that he should also submit his French police report? Does anyone know how long back they require the police report? He has the Dutch one coming this week, but requested the French one a month ago and still hasn't received it. So, this could be a delay. Any help would be appreciated.

If he lived in France for more than year since turning 16, a French report will be required.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.