Kim and Jermaine

Tourist/visitors Visa while waiting?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Im new to this forum and am thankful I found it. Im about to file the petition for my fiances K1 visa. He is in Kingston Jamaica and I realize this takes time. I have visited him numerous times and he has a full time job so I think it would be a good idea for him to apply for a visa to come visit me while we are waiting on the K1 process. Or would it cause interferences with the K1 process?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, an approval or denial of a tourist visa will not affect the K-1 petition.

He should bring strong ties to Jamaica to the interview

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Im new to this forum and am thankful I found it. Im about to file the petition for my fiances K1 visa. He is in Kingston Jamaica and I realize this takes time. I have visited him numerous times and he has a full time job so I think it would be a good idea for him to apply for a visa to come visit me while we are waiting on the K1 process. Or would it cause interferences with the K1 process?

It would not interfere your K-1 visa process. But, when he apply for B2 visa he does have tell the reason why he visits US otherwise it would come haunted your K-1 visa approval in the future.

There was another VJer here that her fiancee's K-1 visa was refused because she did not tell the truth why she wanted to visit US when she applied for B2 visa- she did not say wanted to see her fiance in fact that's her intention came to visit US-. Her B2 visa was revoked and K-1 visa was denied. Be aware of the future consequences.

Based on my experience, when I wrote down that I wanted to see my boyfriend my visa was refused though I brought a bunch of papers and letter from my company to showing them I would back to my country. Anyhow, It is no harm to try. Good luck!

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Take the opportunity to read the pinned thread, at the top of the forum page, "Yes You Can Visit" about this often asked topic: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/67796-yes-you-can-visit/

Good luck on your journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hate to disappoint anyone by putting in a "realist" perspective...but the post "yes you can visit" is not in regards to someone visiting from Jamaica. Or another country that compares to Jamaica. I could certainly be wrong, but to my knowledge, it would be best you don't try for a visiting visa in the meantime while you're in the process of a K-1 visa.

Timeline

Im new to this forum and am thankful I found it. Im about to file the petition for my fiances K1 visa. He is in Kingston Jamaica and I realize this takes time. I have visited him numerous times and he has a full time job so I think it would be a good idea for him to apply for a visa to come visit me while we are waiting on the K1 process. Or would it cause interferences with the K1 process

In our American world that would make the most sense right? Unfortunately, it won't be that easy. My fiancé tried for one prior to us filing the K1, because it made sense to me that he should visit a place before deciding to permanently move here, right? Well, nope. For a Tourist Visa the applicant must show "strong ties" to their country. The consular officers look at every applicant as someone that is trying to migrate illegally so it is the applicant's responsibility to change that view. That's where the "strong ties" part comes in. My fiancé has a full time job at his family owned business. He owns property in his country. He even has a child there that he has custody of and he still was denied. We thought those were strong enough ties but obviously not. All we ended up doing was wasting time and money.

Since you said you guys were going to file both almost simultaneously I would be willing to bet that the Tourist Visa would be denied for that reason alone. The CO could

think that if he is planning to migrate here anyways why would he go back to his country away from you to finish the process? Then like someone else said your K1 visa could be denied if they feel you didn't tell the truth on your B2 visa petition. It's better to file the K1 and wait. Use the B2 visa money for a plane ticket to visit him while you guys wait these long agonizing months.

Welcome to the forum.

Take the opportunity to read the pinned thread, at the top of the forum page, "Yes You Can Visit" about this often asked topic: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/67796-yes-you-can-visit/

Good luck on your journey.

I believe that is if you already have a tourist visa NOT trying to get one approved.

California Service Center

K1 Visa

15-07-2013 - I-129F Sent

17-07-2013 - NOA1

03-09-2013 - RFE email rec'd

06-09-2013 - RFE Hardcopy with reason rec'd

10-09-2013 - Mailed RFE reply

13-09-2013 - Email & text rec'd at USCIS

24-09-2013 - NOA2 (69 days)

31-10-2013 - Sent to NVC from CSC (took 37 days)

14-11-2013 - Sent to US Jamaican Embassy from NVC

18-11-2013 - Received at US Jamaican Embassy

NEVER - Packet 3 received. Fellow VJ'r shared what she received

19-12-2013 - Medical

12-12-2013 - Packet 4 received

10-01-2014- Interview rec'd 221g for missing items

27-02-2014- 2nd Interview - APPROVED!!!

13-03-2014- Visa ISSUED

19-03-2014- Visa in-hand

30-04-2014 - POE Fort Lauderdale, FL

14-6-2014- Wedding (tentatively)

Since you said you guys were going to file both almost simultaneously I would be willing to bet that the Tourist Visa would be denied for that reason alone. The CO could

think that if he is planning to migrate here anyways why would he go back to his country away from you to finish the process?

good.gif +1

but hey, feel free to try anyway, its your time, money & emotions you are devoting in the process. best of luck to you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you for responding. I visit him frequently but because of my job schedule I cant go back until December. The money spent on applying for the B-2 visa wont be much of an issue And we would never lie or leave out details to obtain it. His mother and sister was just approved. He has strong ties as well and we know there is a strong possibilty he will be denied the B-2 but we are gonna try. Just wanted some feed back. Will keep you informed.

Timeline

good.gif +1

but hey, feel free to try anyway, its your time, money & emotions you are devoting in the process. best of luck to you

Congrats to his family that's great, but their approval can be seen as a denial reason for him as well unfortunately because now his mother, sister and fiancée are here. It's enough to raise suspicion that can lead to the denial. But I'm only trying to be informative not discouraging. Definitely I get wanting to try for the hope and I too wish you the best of luck!

California Service Center

K1 Visa

15-07-2013 - I-129F Sent

17-07-2013 - NOA1

03-09-2013 - RFE email rec'd

06-09-2013 - RFE Hardcopy with reason rec'd

10-09-2013 - Mailed RFE reply

13-09-2013 - Email & text rec'd at USCIS

24-09-2013 - NOA2 (69 days)

31-10-2013 - Sent to NVC from CSC (took 37 days)

14-11-2013 - Sent to US Jamaican Embassy from NVC

18-11-2013 - Received at US Jamaican Embassy

NEVER - Packet 3 received. Fellow VJ'r shared what she received

19-12-2013 - Medical

12-12-2013 - Packet 4 received

10-01-2014- Interview rec'd 221g for missing items

27-02-2014- 2nd Interview - APPROVED!!!

13-03-2014- Visa ISSUED

19-03-2014- Visa in-hand

30-04-2014 - POE Fort Lauderdale, FL

14-6-2014- Wedding (tentatively)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.