oohpartiv

I-130 MARCH 2013 FILERS!! NBC

4,812 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

when i call they just say they are processing. but other than that no other exact info is not provided.

Yeah same here. I am going to move on to calling once a month, I am tired of calling every week. This is just insane...I am hopeful but it's hard to convince the wife. She just wants to be with me nothing more.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Same here. I called them today and asked them to create a service request. I also talked to the Representative who told me that NBC is in backlog. It's hard to wait.

No offense to anyone, because I know being away from your loved one is terrible and hard, but you've only been waiting for two months. Unless you're out of normal processing times (six months, at least), they're not going to even give you the time of day. You can go ahead and try, but don't get your hopes up, because it's very likely nothing will come of it.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok so USCIS have updated their processing times, but when I check NBC processing times, it does not show the I 130. Why is it like that?

Mar 07, 2013 : NOA 1

Nov 19, 2013 : Request for Evidence mail received

Nov 25, 2013 : Documents send in response to RFE

Dec 03, 2013 : NOA 2 ( I 130 approved)

Dec 09, 2013 : Case reached NVC

Jan 08, 2014 : NVC assigned Case Number

Jan 15, 2014 : Paid I 864 (AOS) bill online

Jan 16, 2014 : Completed DS 261 (choice of agent) online

Jan 21, 2014 : Express mailed AOS package

Jan 27, 2014 : Paid DS 260 bill online

Jan 29, 2014 : Express mailed DS 260 civil docs

Jan 29, 2014 : Submitted DS 260 online

Feb 13, 2014 : Received False checklist for civil docs by email

Feb 24, 2014 : Case Complete

April 14, 2014 : Interview. YAY!!!

No offense to anyone, because I know being away from your loved one is terrible and hard, but you've only been waiting for two months. Unless you're out of normal processing times (six months, at least), they're not going to even give you the time of day. You can go ahead and try, but don't get your hopes up, because it's very likely nothing will come of it.

Thanks, I think some people here might need a reality check smile.png I haven't called to get an update on my case yet. I'll probably call in June, just because I feel like I should. But I'm not going to get worried unless it's September with no word.

Although I don't feel a great urgency either since I'm living with my husband! I think the being apart makes everyone a little more antsy.

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Timeline

oohpartiv, I totally agree with you.

But at the same time I don't think staying on top of our case is a bad idea even though the outcome could be nill but we just need to have some patience.

Here is what i gathered from fellow posters and I could be mistaken:

Normally your case stays at NBC for 2 months and will be shipped to a local office; in most cases. IF this is the case then we could make an infopass appt. at the field office and get some kind of information about the case. All we want to know is if it is in process...heck the USCIS case status does not even show where my file is.

We wouldn't be much frustrated if we know for sure that it takes at least 6 months or there was some kind of transparency to our own case but we get hopeful because some of the members have been approved within 2-3-4 months so we are just crossing our fingers.

Maybe We is a bad word since I can't represent others but that is absolutely my thinking.

Edited by KP & SP

Timeline

oohpartiv, I totally agree with you.

But at the same time I don't think staying on top of our case is a bad idea even though the outcome could be nill but we just need to have some patience.

Here is what i gathered from fellow posters and I could be mistaken:

Normally your case stays at NBC for 2 months and will be shipped to a local office; in most cases. IF this is the case then we could make an infopass appt. at the field office and get some kind of information about the case. All we want to know is if it is in process...heck the USCIS case status does not even show where my file is.

We wouldn't be much frustrated if we know for sure that it takes at least 6 months or there was some kind of transparency to our own case but we get hopeful because some of the members have been approved within 2-3-4 months so we are just crossing our fingers.

Maybe We is a bad word since I can't represent others but that is absolutely my thinking.

Oh, no, I didn't mean anything negative! Being on top of your case is absolutely a good thing. I'm just saying that since you guys all just got your NOA1s in March, doing service requests and calling senators and all that other stuff is really quite unnecessary at this stage. Like lucybelle said, if it's September and you still haven't heard a thing, then you should probably start calling those entities and doing a little more intense snooping. But, for now, I agree with you - calling USCIS for updates every once in a while and doing research here on VJ is pretty much it for the time being. good.gif Waiting is hard, but don't worry - once the NVC stage rolls around, you'll have plenty of stuff to do! laughing.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

APPROVED!! Got my Post Decision Activity notice today and both daughter and I were approved. Onwards to NVC. smile.png

Filed on March 8th.

Woohoo, congrats! Can I take a wild guess and say you live abroad with your hubby? smile.png If the USC isn't abroad, that's one of the quicker NOA2s I've seen!

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Woohoo, congrats! Can I take a wild guess and say you live abroad with your hubby? smile.png If the USC isn't abroad, that's one of the quicker NOA2s I've seen!

Thanks!!

Yup, we both reside in Canada.

Glad to see this process is at least moving in the right direction. :)

Timeline

Thanks!!

Yup, we both reside in Canada.

Glad to see this process is at least moving in the right direction. smile.png

Thought so. wink.png Right on time, too! USC abroad cases usually get approved somewhere around the two month mark. Congrats! Start looking into NVC docs now, so you can be ready to send it off as soon as possible! I'd start calling next week to see if they've received the case yet.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thought so. wink.png Right on time, too! USC abroad cases usually get approved somewhere around the two month mark. Congrats! Start looking into NVC docs now, so you can be ready to send it off as soon as possible! I'd start calling next week to see if they've received the case yet.

Thanks for the tip. All the docs are ready to go. What's the general duration of this next stage, on a average of course???

Timeline

APPROVED!! Got my Post Decision Activity notice today and both daughter and I were approved. Onwards to NVC. smile.png

Filed on March 8th.

Congratulations to you and your family. Good Luck for the rest of your journey.

Timeline

Thanks for the tip. All the docs are ready to go. What's the general duration of this next stage, on a average of course???

It really depends. There are soooo many variables that could add or subtract several weeks. If we assume that your case gets to NVC in a timely fashion (though lately many have been taking upwards of a month to get there), we can say it'll take a week to get there, another two weeks for a case number to generate, and then (assuming you've been proactive about getting the docs ready and are prepared with the packages and payments) about a month until case complete. Soooo ballparking it, I'd say 1.5 - 2 months, if you've got everything ready to go.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

I contacted ombudsman and now have a lady working on my case trying to get my address changed to my foreign address.

It makes me frustrated all this wrong address stuff happened, but at the same time I'm actually grateful (as long as we have no more complications!). We want to take a trip to the USA in November and it would have made things difficult if my husband was approved for the CR-1 visa by then.

Just as long as we get his visa in his passport by the end of January, I'm good.good.gif

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.