jilliannep

2 months from case complete to interview?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

It seems like from the timelines that I'm reading, it's taking about 2 months from case complete to interview. Is this true? It's hard to tell because users aren't really filling out their timelines.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It depends on how fast you submit documents to NVC and if you get a checklist or not. Now, it takes 30 business days for NVC to review our documents.

Timeline

Hmmm... I know that part. Are are submitting something that we got checklisted for. I know the whole 30 business days spiel they give. What I want to know is the time from case complete to interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We just got approved for my fiance's K1 Visa this past Wednesday from Ukraine. Received NOA 1 on March 8th. Total days from NOA 1 to Visa approval was 180 days. We did not wait for the consulate to send out ANY packet. If that was the case, we would still be waiting today. We got the case number from the NVC (3 weeks after it was sent from TSC, they said can take up to 8 weeks) paid the visa fee and immediately scheduled her medical exam then the next week did her visa interview. We just received a notice yesterday that the NVC were sending the case to Kiev, Ukraine and to wait for the consulate to send the packet to her house by mail. This is 3 days after she's already had her interview and been approved! Snail mail perhaps?! If we played by the rules she wouldn't even of had her medical exam yet! We were tired of waiting and it worked in our favor. Once we had the consulate case number from the NVC we paid the visa fee at the bank. The next day scheduled the medical exam. Once she passed the medical exam I scheduled her interview online using the number they give you from the visa payment receipt. She picks up her visa on Monday or Tuesday. I go get her next Thursday to bring her to USA...I bet we still won't even have our packet from the consulate yet. Who cares...we got what we wanted. There was no sense in waiting another 4-6 weeks for nothing but laziness on the NVC and consulates side, or whatever you want to call it...more like expected delays! Everyones consulate is different and we are very lucky to have this Visa process completed in 6 months. I read we didn't have to wait for the packet and took a chance moving forward. She was missing some code that would be in the packet but she played stupid at the interview and they pulled up her code on the computer and blamed it on a printer error. I think because my girl went through the trouble and spoke English during her interview instead of Russian. Her English isn't great but they really respected she tried her best. They understood her and she understood all the questions the first time around. The waiting game sucks...it really really does. I guess we found a loophole to speed things up by about a month. But check VJ for how people did this process for your country. In Ukraine, for example, we couldn't pay the visa fee online but could schedule the interview online. She has a pick up location for her visa, it can't be shipped. Once you get your NOA 2 wait about 2 weeks and call the NVC everyday. I called at 8am (eastern time) every morning and never waited on hold not one second. Also check your case status on USCIS for any updates. We noticed they updated online and we got our hard copies weeks later or never got one at all. Best of luck. I'm sure the process will be over soon. So we were able to get our process done from when the case hit the NVC to visa approval about 5 weeks. If we waited for the packet, that still hasn't arrived, I bet it would be 8 weeks or longer. If you can do everything without waiting for the checklist, like we did, go ahead! Depends on the country, you can download all in the information and do everything yourself. This is the case in Ukraine. Another country I have no clue. But yes 2 months seems normal. Maybe even longer.

Timeline

Hello,

It seems like from the timelines that I'm reading, it's taking about 2 months from case complete to interview. Is this true? It's hard to tell because users aren't really filling out their timelines.

Depends on when NVC schedules interviews. If somebody is too close to scheduling, then he would get date for next month.

But recently there is little delay in getting interviews. We got out case complete on 10th July, and got scheduled (scheduling happened at end of July) for 16th of Sept. Since, scheduling happened at end of July, people who got approvals even till 28th July, got Sept date.

Hope this answers your question.

I've noticed that, too. Hopefully, ours wouldn't take that long. We're in Japan anyway. Everything is more efficient here.

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Timeline

Ugh....

Thanks for the unfortunate confirmation guys. I checked the India timelines (which are really messy, why?) and it seemed like 2 months. I was just hoping for something otherwise. After 2 years of separation, it's hard to think that there is yet another delay. (I keep telling myself that we have at least the next 60 years together so, it's okay but, it's quickly wearing out.)

Hopefully, the NVC agent will see how long our case has been sitting on his desk and speed it through to the next shipment of papers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.