Ryan H

NVC Filers - September 2013

412 posts in this topic

Jenmatt, NVC told me they had received my paperwork on a Friday, i called back the following Tuesday and she gave me my NVC case number and my invoice ID number. I then logged in here for a couple of days: https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx until i saw i was able to fill out the DS 261. After that a couple of days i received two e mails from NVC one asking me to log in the above again, i did and saw i was able to pay my AOS bill which i did. I then logged in a couple of days later, saw it said "paid" and was able to print out the cover sheet to send off my AOS paperwork.

I'm now at a stop and think then next thing to come through is an e mail to say my earlier DS 261 form has been accepted and then i log in again above and make the payment of the IV bill, and then fill in the DS 260, then keep an eye out till it says paid and print the cover sheet and send the supporting documents to NVC

Hope that helps, just keep logging in at the above site and looking for what you can click on to fill in and pay:)

Thanks fcat! I guess I will call again today. So far, the info. isn't in. I didn't realize that my hubby has to send me all that stuff so I can send in the package, so that will take a week or two more to get here anyway. His police reports are taking FOREVER to obtain in Holland. Their process says 2-4 weeks, and he asked 3 weeks ago for them. So he had to sit in a 45 minute wait to get told "it'll be there in a week," today. Ahh...the fun we're having with this process, eh? :)

Thanks again for the info. That helps. I think I've just hit the saturation point and trying to wade through these last steps to get him here..

APPROVED 2/13/2014! dancin5hr.gif Day before heart.gif day. rose.gif

Thanks fcat! I guess I will call again today. So far, the info. isn't in. I didn't realize that my hubby has to send me all that stuff so I can send in the package, so that will take a week or two more to get here anyway. His police reports are taking FOREVER to obtain in Holland. Their process says 2-4 weeks, and he asked 3 weeks ago for them. So he had to sit in a 45 minute wait to get told "it'll be there in a week," today. Ahh...the fun we're having with this process, eh? smile.png

Thanks again for the info. That helps. I think I've just hit the saturation point and trying to wade through these last steps to get him here..

Well you don't have to send the package, your hubby can!

Hello, fellow September NVC filers!

We're running out of time. My husband needs to leave for the US in December. We currently live overseas (military). So, we asked for an expedite. We emailed them last night.

Wish me luck that it will be enough for them to hand over our case to the US consulate. :)

How is everyone doing?

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Ok thanks, maybe i'm mistaken but i thought the London Embassy assign you a number after they have got my package from NVC and i cant book an appointment with the medical people until i get this number from London !

I then thought my medical file was sent to the London embassy and they then set an interview date. it was more of me wanting confirmation of that and asking how they alert me of the number and the interview date.

I've never heard anything about that. That may only apply to K1 applicants which have a completely different process than IR-1/CR-1 applicants. NVC assigns the interview dates for IR-1/CR-1 visas.

Jenmatt, NVC told me they had received my paperwork on a Friday, i called back the following Tuesday and she gave me my NVC case number and my invoice ID number. I then logged in here for a couple of days: https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx until i saw i was able to fill out the DS 261. After that a couple of days i received two e mails from NVC one asking me to log in the above again, i did and saw i was able to pay my AOS bill which i did. I then logged in a couple of days later, saw it said "paid" and was able to print out the cover sheet to send off my AOS paperwork.

I'm now at a stop and think then next thing to come through is an e mail to say my earlier DS 261 form has been accepted and then i log in again above and make the payment of the IV bill, and then fill in the DS 260, then keep an eye out till it says paid and print the cover sheet and send the supporting documents to NVC

Hope that helps, just keep logging in at the above site and looking for what you can click on to fill in and pay:)

I was confusing until i read your post, i was wondering how can find out am i available to pay IV fee and how can i know that NVC accepted my DS 261

So NVC is just notifing you by email that your DS 261 is accepted and you are able to pay IV bill?

On DS 261 i show my email address so i just have to wait an email from NVC to pay my IV bill, please correct me if i understood it wrong

Glad i was able to help.

Have you spoke to the NVC and got your NVC case number and Invoice ID number ?

When you speak to the NVC to get the above they should have asked you(or you should have told them) your e mail address.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

@ Ryan h thanx for all your helpfu directive but am little bit curious about beneficiaries stock in the darkhole called AP is there good suggestions for them or steps , facts about such cases almost a year now ? your concer will be very much helpful if any suggestion.....

I've never heard anything about that. That may only apply to K1 applicants which have a completely different process than IR-1/CR-1 applicants. NVC assigns the interview dates for IR-1/CR-1 visas.

Thanks, maybe im confusing things a little.

How does the NVC alert me to the interview date, email or posted letter ?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

@ Ryan h thanx for all your helpfu directive but am little bit curious about beneficiaries stock in the darkhole called AP is there good suggestions for them or steps , facts about such cases almost a year now ? your concer will be very much helpful if any suggestion.....

AP takes as long as it takes, there is nothing you can do.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Thanks, maybe im confusing things a little.

How does the NVC alert me to the interview date, email or posted letter ?

If you gave email addresses over, then by email.

Just received IV bill and paid it within 3 minutes of getting it,lol

My AOS package was delivered on Monday to NH, 2 days from the UK.

WOW things do start moving fast don't they!

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Hi Saylin ,

My mother interview go well today except the consulate ask for affidavit of support

OK my question is my husband is working now as a truck driver for 4 months now can I use him or somebody else .

Thanks

Hi Saylin ,

My mother interview go well today except the consulate ask for affidavit of support

OK my question is my husband is working now as a truck driver for 4 months now can I use him or somebody else .

Thanks

It depends. Is he making enough for that household size?

Was able to fill out the DS-260 today, 3 days after making the IV payment, filled it in , now we wait

Since 1996 Ive visited the US 63, yes SIXTY THREE times! it took me weeks to collate all the entry and exit dates and points from old passports,boarding passes etc had them all printed out neatly to send with my DS230, now on the DS-260 they only ask for your last 5 visits!!! ARRRGGGHHH!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.