David & Diana R

MODERATORS MODERATE TOO MUCH???

89 posts in this topic

Sometimes it is HOW you say something not what is meant by what you say. Remember there are joint sponsors for a reason, many of those because a person is a student or because someone is a SAHM or ??? You can't know really. When you make assumptions on someone's life, maybe you don't have all the facts so perhaps you may want to ask questions first. Just a thought. A post won't be removed unless it's against TOS. It is against TOS to attack other members, so step outside the box, think if you're attacking that person or if you're asking genuine questions, then post. Just my 2cents.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

08/12/2013 @ 11:10 a.m.

From here forward I will copy and save all posts before I make them because one moderator can pull something for no apparent reason. I am not angry but does this kind of take away from the open conversation that should take place here?

Have a great day! Aloha

You forgot ke Akua.

A post won't be removed unless it's against TOS.

Your naivete is charming.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I will remind everyone who posts that often it may not be 'what' you say that has led to the post being removed, but 'how' you have chosen to say it. That was the case in this situation.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am in favour of less is more, certainly it seems that some moderators go the other way.

Annoying, but when it comes down to it nothing you can do.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You forgot ke Akua.

Your naivete is charming.

Isnt it though.... it's why i choose to stay away from the current events forum. I like the idea of helping people :D

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Isnt it though.... it's why i choose to stay away from the current events forum. I like the idea of helping people biggrin.png

Was that an implied insult to those who post in current events?

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

No it means I can't hang, so I don't try. The implied insults are too much for my little brain. :)

I will remind everyone who posts that often it may not be 'what' you say that has led to the post being removed, but 'how' you have chosen to say it. That was the case in this situation.

Really and you never got a chance to read my post. How would you know?

Aloha Ke Akua

She's a moderator.

So lets post it and see what the majority says??? Ha, that would be too easy. I love this place! I love you all....even the censor Police...hahahaha

Aloha Ke Akua

Isnt it though.... it's why i choose to stay away from the current events forum. I like the idea of helping people biggrin.png

So why are you wasting your time here?? I thought you were better than all of us??? Shouldn't you be off somewhere saving the world? I say this in jest. I hope you are not offended in any way. I apologize in advance if I make anyone feel sad. Heaven forbid...

GOD BLESS

Aloha Ke Akua

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no question what so ever that moderators on this site, have a "quick trigger" to remove an article, or what bothers me is "THEY" are always wanting to move it around to some other site, of sub form..,,.,.,we are not the experts here, they are, and some compassion should be used, and sometimes a quick explanation as to why it was moved, so we as writers can be more educated, but for the most part, I find them to be "power hungry" and not very nice! Do not know if Hank is a moderator or not, but he sure is helpful and a gentleman!

There is no question what so ever that moderators on this site, have a "quick trigger" to remove an article, or what bothers me is "THEY" are always wanting to move it around to some other site, of sub form..,,.,.,we are not the experts here, they are, and some compassion should be used, and sometimes a quick explanation as to why it was moved, so we as writers can be more educated, but for the most part, I find them to be "power hungry" and not very nice! Do not know if Hank is a moderator or not, but he sure is helpful and a gentleman!

Raven52,

Thank you. I would agree wholeheartedly with you. I would say 99% of the moderators are great, Hank, Darnell, Dwheels, to name a few. (I assume they are all moderators based on their vast knowledge and expert knowledge.) But there are a few that I would agree with you are power hungry. Perhaps they have nothing going on in their real lives and are here to fill that void. I hope that didn't come out wrong. I did not mean to insult anyone. I love you all....even you power hungry folks. By the way. GOD BLESS AMERICA

Aloha Ke Akua