I AM NOT THAT GUY

Police: Young woman killed in gunfight between concealed weapon permit holder, felon

281 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Did you even read what you posted:

The study noted that most criminals obtained their guns in the underground economy — from friends, family members, or gang members — well outside any influence from gun controls on legitimate gun owners.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

sure did. did you?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

3% of our population accounts for over 50% of our homicides

Do you realize if they started killing in proportion to their percent of the population the murder rate would drop almost 50%

You want less violence ?lets attack the real problem and it's root

3% of our population accounts for over 50% of our homicides

Do you realize if they started killing in proportion to their percent of the population the murder rate would drop almost 50%

You want less violence ?lets attack the real problem and it's root

Mos of the time one gang member shoots at another gang member, I am sure they are not just shooting at a passerby for fun.

Which means in first place neither gang member should have a gun assuming both are felons.

When such ppl try to make a purchase thru legal channel they are stopped and reported to FBI, last year over 500K such cases were reported and nothing happen coz Obama, Biden, Bloomberg and their admin was too busy in convincing rest of America we need stronger gun control.

Um, did you miss the list? Your line of thinking is part of the problem: http://www.neontommy.com/news/2013/07/200-homicides-deaths-chicago-ignored-and-forgotten

The violence in Chicago is not isolated. New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and other cities throughout the nation witness similar levels of inner city violence. Too often, that violence is written off as “isolated gang killings,” and people in a position to help simply exclaim, “Let them keep killing each other!” There are people who couldn't care less, who would rather watch war occur on their own soil as long as it stays out of their backyard. They need to wake up.

Those kids who were killed walking to the store, mowing grass in their yards, going to and from school, most of them weren't gang members.

Now that was funny

So the neighborhoods are full of guns but nobody has the money to buy guns, but there is plenty of money to buy drugs

Think about that

I just knew that was coming..

everything is the white mans fault

Let me tell you something, drug addiction is no joke. Every single male in my family on both sides has been an alcoholic and/or a drug addict. I've seen what it does to you up close and personal. It's the reason why I don't drink or even think about doing drugs. If it was that easy to kick it wouldn't be an epidemic.

Got to care about yourself first

Aston Kutcher nails it

[YouTube][/YouTube]

I wonder if "Chris" had to deal with the constant threat of death every single day of his life when he was younger.

What I am implying is that they are getting killed because they "live by the sword" so to speak. I'm saying if you using guns to commit crime, there is a good chance you could end up dead by getting shot. The fact that they may be poor is secondary.

ETA: There's lots of poor people in the world that don't feel the need to kill people because they are poor.

What about the kids just walking to and from the store? Or the ones selling lemonade in front of their houses? Or the ones mowing the lawn? What are they doing to be shot and killed?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

What about the kids just walking to and from the store? Or the ones selling lemonade in front of their houses? Or the ones mowing the lawn? What are they doing to be shot and killed?

What about them? Who is killing them? Is it the inner city criminal that seems to be responsible for the vast majority of these murders? Or are you referring to these one off cases that seem to get all the media attention?

It's hard to answer your question when you don't present any evidence of how they were allegedly killed, and by whom?

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

What about them? Who is killing them? Is it the inner city criminal that seems to be responsible for the vast majority of these murders? Or are you referring to these one off cases that seem to get all the media attention?

It's hard to answer your question when you don't present any evidence of how they were allegedly killed, and by whom?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-kelly-lowenstein/chicago-violence-gun-reform_b_2344714.html

Some is gang violence. The thing is most gang members don't walk up and shoot their target, it's usually drive by's or point and spray.

There are quite a few cases of just random folks getting shot for just being outside, these don't make the national news. Just like Chicago didn't even start to get attention until Sandy Hook happened.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-kelly-lowenstein/chicago-violence-gun-reform_b_2344714.html

Some is gang violence. The thing is most gang members don't walk up and shoot their target, it's usually drive by's or point and spray.

There are quite a few cases of just random folks getting shot for just being outside, these don't make the national news. Just like Chicago didn't even start to get attention until Sandy Hook happened.

I agree with you that something needs to be done. I just don't know that some kind of gun control will do anything to stop it. It seems the answer so far is no. The cities with the strictest gun control seem to have the highest rate of firearm homicides. The answer from some people is to restrict firearm sales nationwide on the federal level, but I personally don't see that doing much even if it did pass all the legal challenges, which I doubt it would.

As is pointed out alot here, it's pretty rare for the govt. to even prosecute people that try to buy guns that shouldn't have them. What's the point of passing more laws when they don't enforce the ones that are already on the books?

I'd argue that the problems are much deeper than guns. I believe the problems to be more about economics than anything. Passing a bunch of laws to restrict firearms may make people feel good, and it's great for some photo-ops, but it's really about why people think life is so cheap at the end of the day. Addressing that issue is much more difficult than blaming the guns.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The violence in Chicago is not isolated. New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and other cities throughout the nation witness similar levels of inner city violence.

ironic that the 4 you name above have some of the toughest gun laws.....

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I agree with you that something needs to be done. I just don't know that some kind of gun control will do anything to stop it. It seems the answer so far is no. The cities with the strictest gun control seem to have the highest rate of firearm homicides. The answer from some people is to restrict firearm sales nationwide on the federal level, but I personally don't see that doing much even if it did pass all the legal challenges, which I doubt it would.

As is pointed out alot here, it's pretty rare for the govt. to even prosecute people that try to buy guns that shouldn't have them. What's the point of passing more laws when they don't enforce the ones that are already on the books?

I'd argue that the problems are much deeper than guns. I believe the problems to be more about economics than anything. Passing a bunch of laws to restrict firearms may make people feel good, and it's great for some photo-ops, but it's really about why people think life is so cheap at the end of the day. Addressing that issue is much more difficult than blaming the guns.

I think the laws we have need to be enforced, but in order for that to happen, folks need to care. Not just us, but the police that are supposed to work with us. Sandy Hook and Colorado happened and that's all it took for folks to talk about gun control. Chicago, DC, and the rest of those places put those numbers up on a daily basis but no one wants to talk about UNLESS it's to highlight the problem as a reason why you DON'T need gun control.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Um, did you miss the list? Your line of thinking is part of the problem: http://www.neontommy.com/news/2013/07/200-homicides-deaths-chicago-ignored-and-forgotten

The violence in Chicago is not isolated. New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and other cities throughout the nation witness similar levels of inner city violence. Too often, that violence is written off as “isolated gang killings,” and people in a position to help simply exclaim, “Let them keep killing each other!” There are people who couldn't care less, who would rather watch war occur on their own soil as long as it stays out of their backyard. They need to wake up.

Those kids who were killed walking to the store, mowing grass in their yards, going to and from school, most of them weren't gang members.

Let me tell you something, drug addiction is no joke. Every single male in my family on both sides has been an alcoholic and/or a drug addict. I've seen what it does to you up close and personal. It's the reason why I don't drink or even think about doing drugs. If it was that easy to kick it wouldn't be an epidemic.

I wonder if "Chris" had to deal with the constant threat of death every single day of his life when he was younger.

Marvin who is killing all this black kids...It ain't white folk any more..

And they still commit 50% + of the gun murders? Something is definitely wrong.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I think the laws we have need to be enforced, but in order for that to happen, folks need to care. Not just us, but the police that are supposed to work with us. Sandy Hook and Colorado happened and that's all it took for folks to talk about gun control. Chicago, DC, and the rest of those places put those numbers up on a daily basis but no one wants to talk about UNLESS it's to highlight the problem as a reason why you DON'T need gun control.

I care, honest I do. but that aint going to change a thing.

Change has got to come from within

The black leaders have got to stop pointing fingers at racism that is, not and start admitting the problem that is within. Kids need role models, fathers, it does need to be cool to drop out of school and be a drug dealer..I can't change that.

Look at black America, listen to the hate filled sexist music,look at the role models and the people the black community looks up to.

excerpt from one of my favorite songs

But some things will never change.

Try to show another way, but they stayin' in the dope game.

Now tell me what's a mother to do?

Bein' real don't appeal to the brother in you.

You gotta operate the easy way.

"I made a G today" But you made it in a sleazy way.

Sellin' crack to the kids. "I gotta get paid,"

Well hey, well that's the way it is.

And they still commit 50% + of the gun murders? Something is definitely wrong.

and worse than that almost all of the murders are committed by young black males.

Marvin who is killing all this black kids...It ain't white folk any more..

I've think I've said that already. Don't worry, cops are still killing us as well.

ironic that the 4 you name above have some of the toughest gun laws.....

Yet Japan has some of the strictest gun laws in the world, yet very few gun deaths.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Those weapons the felons are arming themselves with come from law abiding citizens just trying to protect themselves. It a vicious cycle, much like trying to put a fire out with gasoline. The NRA is just fanning the flames and simple minded folks don't even realize how they are being used to perpetuate the cycle.

false

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/15941-cdc-study-ordered-by-obama-contradicts-white-house-anti-gun-narrative

The study noted that most criminals obtained their guns in the underground economy from friends, family members, or gang members well outside any influence from gun controls on legitimate gun owners.

sure did. did you?

So, how was I wrong?

Edited by The Patriot