I AM NOT THAT GUY

Police: Young woman killed in gunfight between concealed weapon permit holder, felon

281 posts in this topic

I have I worked and lived at an ambulance service in a black neighborhood, owned by blacks, next door to the local black hangout

Your point is?

it's like the World Wide Web ???

A poor black neighborhood? You know, the ones when you walk in and turn the lights on, the roaches DON't scatter. You know, the ones where 10$ can feed a family of 5 with Ramen noodles and lunch meat. Where drug deals and drive by's are so commonplace, kids don't even run for cover, they just keep walking and making sure they haven't been hit. My point is CC won't help here because those folks can barely keep food on the table and the bills paid, let alone run out and buy a handgun.

Wild Wild West, that's the WWW I'm talking about.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A poor black neighborhood? You know, the ones when you walk in and turn the lights on, the roaches DON't scatter. You know, the ones where 10$ can feed a family of 5 with Ramen noodles and lunch meat. Where drug deals and drive by's are so commonplace, kids don't even run for cover, they just keep walking and making sure they haven't been hit. My point is CC won't help here because those folks can barely keep food on the table and the bills paid, let alone run out and buy a handgun.

Adding nothing to the conversation is way more fun than adding something. So here's this:

MV5BNDI5NDk5MjgxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjI1

I'm just glad that Marvin is now a successful white man and won't have to deal with things like this any longer.

Filed: Timeline

Adding nothing to the conversation is way more fun than adding something. So here's this:

MV5BNDI5NDk5MjgxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjI1

Referral Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNDI5NDk5MjgxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjI1MTUyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg" on this server.

Reference #24.3c6633b8.1376940691.2966059b

Timeline

Referral Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNDI5NDk5MjgxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjI1MTUyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg" on this server.

Reference #24.3c6633b8.1376940691.2966059b

I don't get it. Did mine not work?

Filed: Timeline

I don't get it. Did mine not work?

It didn't display right away, so I tried to open the image in a new tab, got that message, copied, then went to paste it. Then the imaged displayed. Some servers hate to be hot linked.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You are looking away from all the violence which is already present in these neighbhorhood, if that was the case and they did not even had money to buy the guy there would be no shootings in the poorest part of the town.

Unfortunately its the other way round there are more drug and gang related shooting in poor part of the town.

For any new acronyms you need Teddys approval or he get upset and ends up in AA. :)

Timeline

It didn't display right away, so I tried to open the image in a new tab, got that message, copied, then went to paste it. Then the imaged displayed. Some servers hate to be hot linked.

True. At least this one didn't call me a ####### head like the one the NB used once.

I'm just glad that Marvin is now a successful white man and won't have to deal with things like this any longer.

I wish, I still have to go home every once and a while. I have family members that are 2 steps from what I am talking about.

I grew up with friends and families like what I described. I used to be ashamed to go over their houses, because of the smell, or the lack of food, or none of the perks I had at my house(more than one tv, my own computer). My mom used to always say when I complain about what I didn't have, you could always find someone who had way less, and you didn't have to go very far to find it. As I got older, I was ashamed of myself for even thinking that way. Now, when I go to those places, I ask if there is something I can do to help, rather it be small labor around the house, or just a few bucks to get them through.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

I wish, I still have to go home every once and a while. I have family members that are 2 steps from what I am talking about.

I grew up with friends and families like what I described. I used to be ashamed to go over their houses, because of the smell, or the lack of food, or none of the perks I had at my house(more than one tv, my own computer). My mom used to always say when I complain about what I didn't have, you could always find someone who had way less, and you didn't have to go very far to find it. As I got older, I was ashamed of myself for even thinking that way. Now, when I go to those places, I ask if there is something I can do to help, rather it be small labor around the house, or just a few bucks to get them through.

Believe you me sir, this is not only a black thing.

You are looking away from all the violence which is already present in these neighbhorhood, if that was the case and they did not even had money to buy the guy there would be no shootings in the poorest part of the town.

Unfortunately its the other way round there are more drug and gang related shooting in poor part of the town.

For any new acronyms you need Teddys approval or he get upset and ends up in AA. smile.png

If you lived there, you would know who is doing the shootings. These are folks that are in gangs or criminal minded. Drug dealers and gang members wouldn't be able to pass a background check so they get the guns through illegal means. And check your facts, most of the shootings are innocent kids who were caught in the crossfire.

http://blackstarjournal.org/?p=989

These weren't just gang bangers, these were regular kids who lived in the neighborhood.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I apologize if my sarcasm wasn't conveyed Marvin. I was in no way attempting to minimize the problems.

Believe you me sir, this is not only a black thing.

Oh I know we don't have the market covered in being poor, but when you look at gun violence, it's saturated in our neighborhoods. I keep trying to explain that more guns wouldn't be the answer since we have children being gunned down without any notice.

I apologize if my sarcasm wasn't conveyed Marvin. I was in no way attempting to minimize the problems.

I know Teddy. This is more directed towards Gary, Slim, and Harsh.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Yeah, I still have yet to understand how more guns in these neighborhoods would bring down crime. If it works in Vermont, surely it will work in Detroit, right?

Timeline

Oh I know we don't have the market covered in being poor, but when you look at gun violence, it's saturated in our neighborhoods. I keep trying to explain that more guns wouldn't be the answer since we have children being gunned down without any notice.

I feel like the only difference between red necks with guns and "gangsters" with guns is population density. Hard to kill as many people when you typically live in places with a population of less than 5,000 people