ZackMoonyHam

is Age difference a red flag

54 posts in this topic

Has she lived with you for several of these years ? If not, do you have proof that you have continually communicated those 8 years ?

If yes then the age difference should not be a problem. Eight years is a long time but you have to back it up with evidence.

Curious...why file after 8 years and not sooner ?

Sorry, just posted at the same time you answered.

A lot of those years we have lived together. We did submit a sample proof from each year from all the different sources we had used to communicate.

As for the curiousity, life can be very Very compilcated.

Agreed with Ebunoluwa. age difference shudnt be a problem, but i dont get it you guys've been in relation for 8years but filing for K-1 just nw ?wht took you so long to do this? im really sorry iam not trying to be mean nr im trying to be CO but he/she can ask you anything at the interview you have to be prepare for everything and forget abt the age diff i've seen ppl getting approvd on 40+ age differences.. Good luck on your journey smile.png

Thanks for your response. As for the waiting time. She was living here so never had a need for a visa as we both were here happy living together.

Thanks for your response. As for the waiting time. She was living here so never had a need for a visa as we both were here happy living together.

then you are good to go. your case is strong .. tension lainey ka nhi dainy ka ha :P lol

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

It sounds like you have a strong case and shouldn't have too many issues. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my fiance is 34 yrs older than me.. wink.png

during my interview last week, they never asked for any evidence like emails or any proof of ongoing relationship. they just checked on our photos and that's it! do not worry about the age gap issue. it won't matter as long as you have all the right and complete documents and you are smiling and confident during your interview.

02/01/2013 I-129F Packet Sent
02/06/2013 Received by USCIS
02/08/2013 Check Cashed
02/11/2013 NOA1 (email)
03/01/2013 Case Touched
03/21/2013 NOA1 (hard copy)
06/06/2013 NOA2 (email)
06/10/2013 NOA2 (hard copy)
06/21/2013 MNL Case Number (hard copy)
07/04&05/2013 Medical Exam
08/01/2013 USEM Interview APPROVED!!!!
08/08/2013 VISA IN HAND!!
08/12/2013 CFO Class Seminar
09/09/2013 Departure

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh yes, all of it. We have even vacationed in other countries together too. We have compiled and submitted the record of our relationship from day one to present.

Emails, Chats, Facebook conversations, Cell phone chats, Pictures, Etc.

There shouldn't be an issue if you can prove that the relationship is a genuine. 8 years is a long time! What more do they want? lol

8/16/2013 I-129F Package Sent

8/23/2013 NOA1 Email

8/29/2013 NOA Hard Copy

9/17/2013 A# Changed

10/23/2013 NOA2 email

10/30/2013 NOA2 Hard Copy (Mail)

11/7/2013 Got a notification stating our case has been forwarded to the NVC

11/15/2013 Got my Case Number from NVC

12/17 and 12/18 2013 Medical Exam (PASSED)

01/16/2014 Interview (Approved)

03/14/2014 CFO Seminar (Got my sticker the same day. yay!)

“I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.”

― Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

Age difference can not be the bases of denial. There is no such law on this universe to stop marrying a person who is older than you or your spouse is youger than you. So stop worrying about the age difference. I am 18 years older than my fiance' and have had no issues with that and you can challenge the USCIS legally if they make an issue, however they will not make any issue on this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

my fiance is 34 yrs older than me.. wink.png

during my interview last week, they never asked for any evidence like emails or any proof of ongoing relationship. they just checked on our photos and that's it! do not worry about the age gap issue. it won't matter as long as you have all the right and complete documents and you are smiling and confident during your interview.

In the many years on being on this site this is the first time i have come across a much older Male finance from the Philippines.

There must have been some funny looks at the Consulate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hi,

Age difference can not be the bases of denial. There is no such law on this universe to stop marrying a person who is older than you or your spouse is youger than you. So stop worrying about the age difference. I am 18 years older than my fiance' and have had no issues with that and you can challenge the USCIS legally if they make an issue, however they will not make any issue on this.

Whether age difference is an issue depends entirely on the Embassy you are interviewing at and the individual consular officer. For your information the federal courts have upheld the right of consular officers to refuse visas on the basis of suspicion, not fact, so no one can successfully challenge them legally in the way you are suggesting.

The OP on this thread sounds like he's got plenty of solid relationship evidence and shouldn't be put through the wringer so much. He should feel comforted by the fact that he has a long standing relationship and that they have lived together previously. If he is well prepared for the interview then he should do fine. AP for background checks may still be a drawn-out pain in the a** given his background.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: Timeline

Whether age difference is an issue depends entirely on the Embassy you are interviewing at and the individual consular officer. For your information the federal courts have upheld the right of consular officers to refuse visas on the basis of suspicion, not fact, so no one can successfully challenge them legally in the way you are suggesting.

The OP on this thread sounds like he's got plenty of solid relationship evidence and shouldn't be put through the wringer so much. He should feel comforted by the fact that he has a long standing relationship and that they have lived together previously. If he is well prepared for the interview then he should do fine. AP for background checks may still be a drawn-out pain in the a** given his background.

The CO will never write the reason for the denial as being age difference anyways. Some BS like lack of bona fide or for immigration purposes is what I think they use.

I agree with you that OP seems to have what would appear to a prudent person as a demonstrated relationship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I am 15 years older than my husband and though they may ask about it, it should not be the determining factor - that should be only if you have a real relationship and it sounds like you do have proof. Best of luck to you both! rose.gif :-)

Its been a little over an year that she had to leave but we have been together for almost 8yrs and have enough to prove. Do you think that helps?

Can you please suggest any other portals?

The fact that you've been together for over 8 years is a plus.

Have you consulted an attorney? Many of them will give you free advice over the phone or online.

Age can not be a "sole" issue for either approval denial of a petition approval. Best of luck!

Sid

Not necessarily true - very country dependent, and sad to say, very gender specific.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.