thedude6752000

All Potential and Former Legal Emigrants Coming to the US-- Take the Time to Take Steps against Amnesty!

99 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Here at Visa Journeys I have read the most heart breaking stories. Bright young professionals denied their dream jobs due to the shortage of work visas. Bright students denied F-1 visas to fulfill their dreams of studying in America. Lovers whose relationship is torn to shreds by years of waiting on a K-1 visa from the California (Dis-) Service Center. Husbands and Wives separated for years on end due to heartless, racist "Administrative Processing." Yet all these people bear with the system, continue to work in it, do NOT engage in ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. They follow the rules and waited (and continue to wait...and wait...and wait) with untold patience. Now the US Senate has passed a bill which is a slap in the face to all of them, a new bill that will give legal status to millions of illegal immigrants who jumped the line, came here illegally, and got by by hook or crook. Meanwhile, the bill gives the hollow, oft heard promise of clearing the backlog.......... by 2021. 2021, 8 years from now. This from the same government that promised to clear the backlog back in 2002 when Bush II created the USCIS, the same government which had to delay the roll-out of their own health care plan by 1 year due to mismanagement and poor planning. The same government that delayed processing of fiance and spouse visas at the California service center for over a year to implement the President's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, which gave illegal youth brought here as children legal residence, and is likely to do the same thing to law-abiding people working to come here legally on an even more massive scale this time with all of the nation's estimated 11 million illegal immigrants. The bill makes this empty promise of "clearing the backlog" without defining how, without giving more funding to the USCIS (which is chronically understaffed, not to mention badly run), without reducing the ridiculous amount of paperwork and steps needed to immigrate legally, and without addressing the racist use of "Administrative Processing" to delay and harass certain income levels, ethnic groups, and religions.

But the bill has not passed yet. It still has to pass a House of Representatives which is controlled by an overwhelmingly hostile Republican party. Despite this obstacle, several big business lobbies, huge Latino-orientated interest groups, and Democratic strategists are working around the clock to convince the 20 Republicans they would need to pass the bill. But we have a voice, too. Please click on the below link, send faxes to your representative, call them, and tell them to vote NO! on amnesty and YES! for real immigration reform that rewards the patient, law-abiding people who are waiting in line to come here the right way! Thank you!

https://www.numbersusa.com/sendfax?refer=content%2Fmy%2Faction%2Fboard

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I won't vote no against a bill that allows innocent children, who were dragged her by their parents bad decisions, to actually become legal.

I'm not saying everything is right with the bill.

But I agree with that part.

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think the current immigrant bill, as issued from the Senate, is #######, except for the bits about making the fence in Mexico.

As to the version that comes out of the House - who cares? Boehner is gonna make sure it dies a horrible death.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I won't vote no against a bill that allows innocent children, who were dragged her by their parents bad decisions, to actually become legal.

I agree, but for the time being Obama's DACA order is allowing them to live here legally.That's a whole lot more than tons of people in AP here at Visajourney are getting. I would support a Dream Bill if it actually did something to fix the system, I agree that the Dreamer's don't deserve to be punished for their parents bad decisions. That still does not make the rest of this awful bill right!

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Timeline

I think the current immigrant bill, as issued from the Senate, is #######, except for the bits about making the fence in Mexico.

As to the version that comes out of the House - who cares? Boehner is gonna make sure it dies a horrible death.

Please DON'T take that for granted. Big Business, which usually runs the Republicans, is behind this bill, as are most of the high-level Republican strategists and decision makers. It's only the base that's against it. Please, please do not take this for granted. Call, fax, and email your representative and tell them to vote No on amnesty. I beg you.

Also Paul Ryan has declared support for this, and as much as I dislike him I would never make the mistake of underestimating that man.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

ok, so if I rob a bank, and give the cash to my children to use for their future education.. you agree my children should be allowed to keep that money...???

lets see... my children are innocent and it was a bad decision on my part... this may not sound right, but why allow innocent children suffer the loss of finances due to my bad decision...

now explain the difference between stealing money from a bank and stealing an immigration/citizenship spot from someone who has been legally waiting...

Timeline

Thanks for the input guys. Please remember to click the link, and fax, email, and call your representatives. Thank you!

Filed: Timeline

If I was writing the immigration bill, I would do away with the K visas. I would also put a hold on all work based visas until the unemployment numbers improve, and further put a hold on all student visas, until all Americans that want to attend college can do so.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If I was writing the immigration bill, I would do away with the K visas. I would also put a hold on all work based visas until the unemployment numbers improve, and further put a hold on all student visas, until all Americans that want to attend college can do so.

We did the k-1 and it's a total rip compared to the ir/cr visas. I agree with that part for sure.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I agree with all that 100%. Especially that H1B garbage.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Timeline

To quote VJ's own Nature Boy or Concillator , "To those in favor of open borders and amnesty for illegals, take the doors off of your houses and let them in." If you want open borders, open your homes.

I don't lock the front door when I am home. The wife does, but not me. I am around undocumented Californians all the time. Good people. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want them living here.