thedude6752000

All Potential and Former Legal Emigrants Coming to the US-- Take the Time to Take Steps against Amnesty!

99 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I guess logic doesn't come into reason, because it would take Trillions of dollars to deport the millions of illegal immigrants in this country.

At least with this Immigration bill, it would put more tax dollars into our system and avoid the necessity of breaking up so mny families for mistakes their parents or grand parents made many, many years ago....

The bill already requires them to get in the back of the Immigration line and allow those who entered in the process legally to go first.....

It would almost take 13 years to gain citizenship in the Immigration bill, but some want you to believe they will get "amnesty" overnite....give me a break!!.....it's not even including all the obstacles they have to overcome to gain citizenship, pay fines/back taxes, learn English and complete background checks, etc.....

This whole immigration debate about amnesty is really quite simple....its a fear from those who are already becoming the minority in this Country and they are running scared....

The bill says that all the people currently in line would have to get visas before the illegals can start applying for citizenship, but they would be able to start applying for permanent residence as soon as a "plan" was drawn up to secure the border. The permanent residence requests would have to go through the USCIS system, overworked and underfunded as it is, and that would surely clog up the system and make the already unbearable wait even longer.

And it doesn't matter how long it takes, amnesty is amnesty and amnesty is wrong. People have been waiting for years in AP hell to see their husbands and wives the legal way. Someone who's already in this country, already with their family, gets to stay with them, gets to keep their job, keep their kids in their American school, has already gotten an advantage over someone waiting in line legally to come. They need to go, immediately.

And the answer to the problem of the sheer amount of illegals is to go after the employers. Huge, 6 digit fines for employing illegals, and make them pay for the cost of deportation. Watch how quickly they go back. From 2007-2010, during the worst years of the Great Recession, the flow of immigrants illegally across the Mexican border was actually negative due to lack of jobs. If we created a situation where they could not get work, they would have to self-deport. I hate to agree with Mitt Rmoney on anything, but he was right on this one (even a blind pig will find a truffel once in a blue moon). Amnesty is wrong and it's a crime against the legal immigrants to this country. Call me a racist all you won't, it won't change these simple facts.

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Please see this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmXK3rIXuKE&list=LLQvSC7CE93PWq7IrPCGgh7w

The administration (which I worked for in 2012 as a Field Organizer, BTW, back when I thought immigration "reform" was going to help legal immigrants like my fiancee and soon to be wife) pushed people to the back of the line in favor of illegal DACA applicants. They set a goal of 6 months for DACA and 3-5 months for I-129's, but in reality the DACA's were completed in 1-3 months and the I-129's were pushed back for a year and the I-130's were all sent to local service centers where the wait time for an NOA2 went up to around 8 months (AFTER getting shipped there). I worked for the man, I believed in him, but Obama stabbed legal immigrants in the back by prioritizing DACA for illegals.

Why should we believe the Dems and pro-immigrant Repubs (who only care about Latino votes and big business special interests) won't do the same thing again? And why doesn't this bill address any of the problems I pointed out? Why doesn't it give federal funding to the USCIS to hire more adjudicators? Why doesn't it reduce the amount of paperwork? Why doesn't it reduce the number of steps for legal visas like the K-1 and IR-1? Why does it set 2021, 8 years from now, as the date to clear the backlog, when illegals will begin applying for citizenship at before that date? This is not reform, this is pandering at its worst. Accuse me being a white-latino hater (despite the fact that I am marrying a Muslim woman from India and I worked for Obama's campaign), I don't care, politics aside there is no way you can justify what this bill would mean for law-abiding people who followed and continue to follow the rules.

If you say so. I am sure the US has different rules to UK but the US is supposed to be the best place in the world to live, so I suppose if you say that new policies are not budgeted for separately by US government and current policies are just tossed aside for new ones with no budget allocations assigned in a documented way, I am sure you are right - despite the fact that that makes no sense at all.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Any new policy implemented has to have a budget allocation assigned to it that covers its entire implementation, they can't just pass a law that requires funding and not assign a budget to it, that's not how government works. The budget allocation for current immigration policies may be reduced but I to not think that's very likely. I guess they might freeze the funding for a while but they can't rob Peter to pay Paul.

But that's the problem! There is virtually NO funding for the USCIS to handle cases! They get all of their money though the fees! And this bill does not allocate them any additional funding! Like Karee said, there's a certain number of adjudicators, X, and this number will only change when they get more money to hire more. I don't know how much they will charge for illegals to register but if experience is any guide it won't be enough (because it would have to be several thousand dollars and these are in many cases already poor people we're talking about here). USCIS needs to be allocated federal funding to do its job and hire enough people, that's one of the system's greatest flaws and this bill does NOTHING to fix that.

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Filed: Timeline

So you would require that the petitioner marry the girl in her home country instead, despite the greater cost and time it would take?

The K visa is the more expensive way to do things. It is less expensive to do the IR-1/CR-1 route. No adjustment of status, wife can work right away, green card upon arrival, no travel restrictions. Plus, she gets a real church wedding with her family present, rather that a hurried civil wedding with a homeless guy you picked up off the street for a witness*.

* Really happened to a friend of mine - they forgot about witnesses until the last minute.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Karee, like I indicated in a prior post. I don't take sides with anyone. My opinions are derived from my own opinions and how "I" see the facts in any case.

I obviously do not agree with you on a lot of topics, but I agree with your above mentioned statement 100%.

BTW, I'm a US citizen and my wife was brought here from (Korat) Thailand on a K1 visa.

My wife is from Si Saket. You should change your profile so your flag shows up.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

If you say so. I am sure the US has different rules to UK but the US is supposed to be the best place in the world to live, so I suppose if you say that new policies are not budgeted for separately by US government and current policies are just tossed aside for new ones with no budget allocations assigned in a documented way, I am sure you are right - despite the fact that that makes no sense at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Citizenship_and_Immigration_Services

"Funding[edit]

Unlike most other federal agencies, USCIS is funded almost entirely by user fees.[6] Under President George W. Bush's FY2008 budget request, direct congressional appropriations made about 1% of the USCIS budget and about 99% of the budget was funded through fees. The total USCIS FY2008 budget was projected to be $2.6 billion.[7]"

You're right, that doesn't make any sense at all, which is why federal funding should be allocated to the USCIS.....but this bill does not even mention the subject of funding for the USCIS!

Timeline

How fair is this to someone who has petitioned for a brother or sister and has been waiting 10+ years for a visa?

Another good point.

But that's the problem! There is virtually NO funding for the USCIS to handle cases! They get all of their money though the fees! And this bill does not allocate them any additional funding! Like Karee said, there's a certain number of adjudicators, X, and this number will only change when they get more money to hire more. I don't know how much they will charge for illegals to register but if experience is any guide it won't be enough (because it would have to be several thousand dollars and these are in many cases already poor people we're talking about here). USCIS needs to be allocated federal funding to do its job and hire enough people, that's one of the system's greatest flaws and this bill does NOTHING to fix that.

That doesn't make any sense either. The fees charged for legal immigration couldn't possibly cover the costs of the process, nor does it make sense that a bill would be proposed without a budget allocation to implement it. Either the US is completely nuts or you guys are wrong.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

That doesn't make any sense either. The fees charged for legal immigration couldn't possibly cover the costs of the process, nor does it make sense that a bill would be proposed without a budget allocation to implement it. Either the US is completely nuts or you guys are wrong.

Timeline

"Congress mandates that USCIS be self-funded. This includes covering the cost of
programs for which the agency charges no fees, i.e., “unfunded mandates,” such as asylum and
refugee processing and U.S. armed forces naturalization filings, as well as operational overhead
and information technology modernization.
Figure 12: USCIS Fee Revenue for FY 06
Form Total
Revenue
(millions)
I-765 (Employment Authorization Application) $241
N-400 (Naturalization Application) $233
Biometric Fees -- Photograph and Fingerprint Fee $165
Premium Processing (for I-129s) $160
I-485 (Green Card Application) $160
I-130 (Family Immigrant Petition) $141
I-90 (Green Card Replacement Application) $122
I-129 (Temporary Employment) $79
I-131 (Travel Document Application) $62
I-539 (Extension or Change of Temporary Status) $46
I-751 (Removal of Conditional Residence) $27
I-140 (Employment Immigrant Petition) $26
Life Act (74)- 245(i) (Penalty Fee for Immigrant Petition) $39
I-290B (Notice of Appeal to the Administrative Appeals Office) $18
I-600A (Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition) $15
N-600 (Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative) $15
I-129F (Fiancé(e) Petition) $11
I-687 - over 18 years of age
(Application for Status as A Temporary Resident)
$10
Subtotal $1,570
All Other Forms and Miscellaneous Revenue $79
Grand Total $1,649
Source: USCIS FY 06 Fee Collections"
That's all of their funding laid out right there. Virtually NOTHING from the government. Maybe now you see why the system is so broken? And why the thought of illegals getting to jump into this mess makes people who are trying to apply now so hopping mad?????

Timeline

How can that be? Are you telling me that it costs USCIS more than $420 to adjudicate an I-130? Maybe if they incorporated 6 months of storage fees into that, I could see it since they seem to sit on them for 6 months.

How does the EU seem to process similar petitions in 30 days or less?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The bill says that all the people currently in line would have to get visas before the illegals can start applying for citizenship, but they would be able to start applying for permanent residence as soon as a "plan" was drawn up to secure the border. The permanent residence requests would have to go through the USCIS system, overworked and underfunded as it is, and that would surely clog up the system and make the already unbearable wait even longer.

And it doesn't matter how long it takes, amnesty is amnesty and amnesty is wrong. People have been waiting for years in AP hell to see their husbands and wives the legal way. Someone who's already in this country, already with their family, gets to stay with them, gets to keep their job, keep their kids in their American school, has already gotten an advantage over someone waiting in line legally to come. They need to go, immediately.

And the answer to the problem of the sheer amount of illegals is to go after the employers. Huge, 6 digit fines for employing illegals, and make them pay for the cost of deportation. Watch how quickly they go back. From 2007-2010, during the worst years of the Great Recession, the flow of immigrants illegally across the Mexican border was actually negative due to lack of jobs. If we created a situation where they could not get work, they would have to self-deport. I hate to agree with Mitt Rmoney on anything, but he was right on this one (even a blind pig will find a truffel once in a blue moon). Amnesty is wrong and it's a crime against the legal immigrants to this country. Call me a racist all you won't, it won't change these simple facts.

I would not consider you a racist for that position, as I understand your concerns, to which are not based on racism but reasonable logic. I also agree we need to go after employers more aggressively than what we are doing now.

You mentioned facts, the CBO projected the Immigration bill would reduce illegal immigration by 25 percent and increase our revenue. This was a study done a non partisan office and not just my opinion. Therefore, I consider this relevant in any debate.

We can agree to disagree on the "amnesty' issue. I'm a US Citizen but I don't agree with self deportation of illegal immigrants. IMO, its stupid, unreasonable and too costly.

Timeline

I am afraid you are not correct here. Please see my post above.

Edited by thedude6752000

"Congress mandates that USCIS be self-funded. This includes covering the cost of
programs for which the agency charges no fees, i.e., “unfunded mandates,” such as asylum and
refugee processing and U.S. armed forces naturalization filings, as well as operational overhead
and information technology modernization.
Figure 12: USCIS Fee Revenue for FY 06
Form Total
Revenue
(millions)
I-765 (Employment Authorization Application) $241
N-400 (Naturalization Application) $233
Biometric Fees -- Photograph and Fingerprint Fee $165
Premium Processing (for I-129s) $160
I-485 (Green Card Application) $160
I-130 (Family Immigrant Petition) $141
I-90 (Green Card Replacement Application) $122
I-129 (Temporary Employment) $79
I-131 (Travel Document Application) $62
I-539 (Extension or Change of Temporary Status) $46
I-751 (Removal of Conditional Residence) $27
I-140 (Employment Immigrant Petition) $26
Life Act (74)- 245(i) (Penalty Fee for Immigrant Petition) $39
I-290B (Notice of Appeal to the Administrative Appeals Office) $18
I-600A (Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition) $15
N-600 (Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative) $15
I-129F (Fiancé(e) Petition) $11
I-687 - over 18 years of age
(Application for Status as A Temporary Resident)
$10
Subtotal $1,570
All Other Forms and Miscellaneous Revenue $79
Grand Total $1,649
Source: USCIS FY 06 Fee Collections"
That's all of their funding laid out right there. Virtually NOTHING from the government. Maybe now you see why the system is so broken? And why the thought of illegals getting to jump into this mess makes people who are trying to apply now so hopping mad?????

This is Visa Journey .No one cares about all that immigration stuff .Please try to stick to Zimmerman and Guns or be gone

Edited by The conciliator