Batunde

U.S. Citizen not allowed in U.K.

154 posts in this topic

I have been a victim of the dreaded SSSS twice flying from Louisville to London, via Chicago. I was beginning to feel victimized too!

What was worse was that all the time I was being searched I was bawling my eyes out, having just said goodbye to my fiance!

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

hey, my husband (was boyfriend at the time) went through the wringer coming into Canada because he brought his laptop with him for non-business reasons. They didn't initially believe him since his profession is computer and systems programming. And he had stuff searched, and a Customs Officer came out to the waiting area and questioned me in public.

Oh, and he be pasty white. ;)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have never had that problem, but then I usually fly BA or UA and it seems that the odd ones out are those without laptops.

I have been through UK immigration with my now wife when she was not, all I can say is that she never had a problem and she always has her work laptop with her.

There was a good prog on I think BBC that was a fly on the wall documentary about Immigration, quite fascinating.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I have never had that problem, but then I usually fly BA or UA and it seems that the odd ones out are those without laptops.

I have been through UK immigration with my now wife when she was not, all I can say is that she never had a problem and she always has her work laptop with her.

There was a good prog on I think BBC that was a fly on the wall documentary about Immigration, quite fascinating.

Oh, I hear ya, but they had a hard time believing him at the time, must have had sawdust in the Wheaties that day! :whistle:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Timeline
My USC fiance, who is mexican by birth, had a good grilling one time when he was visiting me for a couple of weeks in the UK, so it is by no means unusual. They asked him all sorts of questions about me, where I worked, what I did etc etc. Eventually what swung it was that they asked him what our intentions were and he said that he was hoping to persuade me to go and live in the USA! They let him through after that.

He did stick out like a sore thumb that day, since he arrived on an Air India flight dressed like a Mexican cowboy complete with hat and boots!

Hmm, Cowboy hat, thats it. I was wearing my cowboy hat because I couldnt put it in luggage. By the way talking of African American being grinded. That same morning it was 2 of us they did call to the side. There was this girl from Iowa who has Serria Leonne background aswell. And thats just within 4hrs that I was there. So I have every reason to say they are hostile to Americans that has African background and people with cowboy hats.

I will keep on checking this thread. The only thing I need to do is get access to that file they have in their office where they put the names of the people they grinding and we will see to the class action or not.

Edited by Batunde

Hmm, Cowboy hat, thats it. I was wearing my cowboy hat because I couldnt put it in luggage. By the way talking of African American being grinded. That same morning it was 2 of us they did call to the side. There was this girl from Iowa who has Serria Leonne background aswell. And thats just within 4hrs that I was there. So I have every reason to say they are hostile to Americans that has African background and people with cowboy hats.

I will keep on checking this thread. The only thing I need to do is get access to that file they have in their office where they put the names of the people they grinding and we will see to the class action or not.

This has got to be some kind of phenomenally crafted piss take!! :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

It's a pretty darn good one :dancing:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It's a pretty darn good one :dancing:

Hit post 39 on a non event.

This sort of post is very common from those refused entry into the USA, I am guessing here but my assumption is that the elements are the same, up to the applicant to show non-immigrant intent and that they are going to comply with ther terms of their admittance, not the other way around, otherwise bye bye.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

They, like any country, dont HAVE to let you in. Thats it. period.

Unless you are UK resident or by birth you have no 'right' of entry.

If you were unhappy with the service I suggest you write and complain, but as the UK has a HIGH rate of entry fraud one expects to be checked heavily (same with USA).

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

The immigration rules are being tightened up further in the UK,with a new points sytem......

According to today's report from the BBC):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4781030.stm

Neil.

I showed them my U.S. Passport and ofcourse when they were searching my luggage they found my Nigeria Passport and thats when they saw some old printed copy of resume (CV). So with a U.S. Passport I will still have to pray before getting into UK? Meanwhile I have been there before for like 2wks holiday.

Now my option is to get a visa. I'm thinking of getting "Holiday Working Visa" how easy that to get I dont know.

Oh, so you *were* planning to work on a tourist entry. Sounds like the UK border agent did his/her job.

Truthfully, I wasnt going there to seek any work. But since they have made a claim and I feel like I have no option than just get the working visa to be able to visit. I travel most times, I even have project in another country to go to in April or May, I have no intention to do any work in UK, I'm self employed. And by the way, I do have company I'm providing a service in UK already, that I work for from U.S. So the whole thing about working there or not was just so funny to me. Even from U.S. I'm already working with UK establishment.

I was just going to be with family in UK and they wont take it for truth and I dont know what else they want me to tell them. I realise that the working holiday visa thing is just something you hold just in case later you plan to work.

Neil (Preston, England) & Eva (North Carolina, USA)

27 September 2003 Church Wedding, England.

8 October 2004 -INTERVIEW---VISA GRANTED !!!

(Intervening time covered in VJ -Timeline Section)

10 Dec 2004 - Saturn finally came out of orbit and landed in NC !

(Check timeline for intervening period)

8th February 2006 - 'GREEN CARD' FINALLY GRANTED AT INTERVIEW IN CHARLOTTE, NC.

5th Wedding Anniversary due later this year, on 27th September 2008 - How time flies !

I am not a Lawyer and have never wanted or professed to be one. The views and comments I may express here are entirely my own and without any intended legal standing.

They, like any country, dont HAVE to let you in. Thats it. period.

Unless you are UK resident or by birth you have no 'right' of entry.

If you were unhappy with the service I suggest you write and complain, but as the UK has a HIGH rate of entry fraud one expects to be checked heavily (same with USA).

Exactly what I stated earlier. I have guaranteed entry rights in only two countries--Canada (since 1982) and US (since last April); any other country (including India) has the right to decide on its own (even if I have a valid visa to go there) whether to permit me to enter.

Edited by sriniv

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

I got pulled over, grilled and searched at Alabama airport...and I am white and British and was just trying to leave..... :lol::lol:

I got pulled over, grilled and searched at Alabama airport...and I am white and British and was just trying to leave..... :lol::lol:

Were you in transit THROUGH US?

(unfortunately, North American airports are NOT transit-passenger-friendly generally)

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Is this guy for real? 2 African-Americans got grilled in 4 hours? Well how many white people got grilled in the same time frame?! Come on!!

First time my Hubby (then boyfriend) visited me, he had one hell of a time and he's white, blue eyed etc. Mind you poor darling did look a bit strange. He had a seizure on the plane, was pale and shaky etc, they probably thought he was a drug addict/smuggler or something. They came out to talk to me too and it was only when I asked if he had had a seizure that they relaxed. Couldn't understand his odd behaviour before that.

I've been taken aside and searched too before bording a plane to LEAVE America. I didn't take any offence, just thought they have to pick a certain number to search and I happened to be that one that day. I had nothing to hide, so no problem for me.

AOS TIMELINE

16th December 2005 - Sent I-130, AOS, EAD & AP USPS overnight to Chicago Lockbox

18th December 2005 - Received at Chicago 9.18pm.

23rd December 2005 - NOAs for I-130, AOS, EAD, AP!! Didn't expect them that quickly

13th January 2006 - RFE for Medical and additional I-864 info

17th January 2006 - INFOPASS Apt about RFE.

23rd January 2006 - Appointment notice for Biometrics on 10th Feb.

10th February 2006 - Biometrics Appointment

21st February 2006 - Medical. Cost $250 including all blood tests, Td Shot, TB test and Titers for MMR and Varicella.

27th February 2006 - Appointment with immigration lawyer re. RFE for I-864.

1st March 2006 - Final results Medical. Papers in hand to send.

10th March 2006 - RFE responses to Lees Summit

13th March 2006 - RFE responses signed for at Lees Summit

24th March 2006 - Emergency AP approved in Omaha

28th March 2006- Collected AP

31st March 2006 - EAD Approval online

7th April 2006 - EAD arrived in mailbox.

21st April 2006- Received Interview Date for 22nd June

9th May 2006- Received SSN

22nd June 2006- AOS INTERVIEW APPROVED

REMOVING CONDITIONS

June 20 2008 - Package mailed to CSC under new rules. Would have been an NSC transfer

June 23 2008 - Package recieved at CSC

June 27 2008 - Recieve NOA1

July 16 2008 - Biometrics

July 17 2008 - Touched

September 9 2008 - Card production ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.