Batunde

U.S. Citizen not allowed in U.K.

154 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I just had the most terrible experience I could ever imagine travelling overseas. I'm a Nigerian American, has both Nigerian and U.S. passport respectively. I reside in U.S and I believe under the commonwealth law, U.S. Citizens has the right to enter UK for six months to visit family. I got to UK and the next thing was UK immigration grinding me for over 4hrs reason why I'm in U.K. I told them coming to visit and I was holding my return ticket. Even despite that they spoke with my family in UK at the airport to verify my visit. They refused my entry. They claim that I have my resume (CV) in my folder, that means I'm coming in to work in UK. This sound too absurd for me, not to mention money spent already.

I just want to know if there is any lawyer that can help me with this issue. I'm very furious right now. I suspecting Class action and Hate crime on this issue.

You do not have a right to enter to the UK. You present yourself to an immigration officer and request that you may be granted entry. Much like knocking on someones front door and waiting to be invited in, and much like the house owner the immigration officer does not have to admit you

The only people who have a right are those that carry a UK or EU passport of an EU ID card.

The immigration officer only has to suspect that you may not be going to comply with the conditions of entry and you can be refused. I worked alongside immigration officers at Heathrow for many years and saw it happen many times. It works exactly the same way in any other country including Nigeria and the USA.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, there is also another option--we post a "continuation" or "recontinuation" thread--and consider the original as closed (I've done that with the "Movie Pong" threads).

erm, what purpose would a continuation thread serve? OP is long gone.

True, and this one hasn't gotten anywhere near the 3,000 posts which was my justification for "preventive continuation" (slightly before I started the first continuation, Ewok had made a brigadier-fuss about "wasting bandwidth with just counting up/down" on a "counting game thread"--you may remember: start at 50, guys try to push it to 100, while gals try to yank it to 0, increments/decrements of 2).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

This topic has been closed per the request of the original poster. Thank you for your understanding.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.