Batunde

U.S. Citizen not allowed in U.K.

154 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Although I am interested to hear your story!

Well, Robin there's not much to it but basically I had a brand-new unused passport, a 6 month ticket, and three large suitcases...supposedly it looked as if I were illegally moving there. I can understand the suspicion, and I do think they were doing their jobs correctly. Yes, some of them were snippy and rude, but at the end of the day...they did their checking and then let me go on my merry way. I wouldn't have held it against them had they sent me home if they had found a resume in my luggage.

Oh, ps and by the way...I saw it mentioned here.....the immi officer walked me to the baggage pick up, we got my bags & then went back to get questioned & searched. That's how it's done.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her Britannic Majesty's Secretary of State requests and requires in the NAME of HER MAJESTY all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hinderence,and to afford the bearer susch assistance and protection as may be necessary

Fisrt page of a UK passport!!...............

Why does being born in England give you more right to be in England? That is ridiculous

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Why does being born in England give you more right to be in England? That is ridiculous.

So you would agree with the statement that Americans have no more right to be in the US than thw 10,000 illegal immigrants?????

Kezzie

I do not think you have any hope of an intelligent discourse!

PS You missed a few 0's off.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

So you would agree with the statement that Americans have no more right to be in the US than thw 10,000 illegal immigrants?????

Kezzie

I would agree that being born in (or naturalised to) a country, and NOT having renounced citizenship thereof should give intrinsic rights to be present in said country.

Don't agree that you should not be able to enter a country of which one IS a citizen on another country's (of which one is also a citizen) passport (read "I know US doesn't allow Americans to enter on UK/Canada/etc passports--I'll abide by it, but I don't agree with it").

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

sriniv

Yor reply makes no sense....

Kezzie

What I said was that a dual US/UK citizen should be allowed to re-enter US with either passport, not restrictively with US one.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

I see, Lisa -- thanks for sharing, I',m just being nosy. What made them let you through?

I'm always curious about these things because I knew 2 aussies who were living in England illegally (one worked as professional dominatrix) who always came and went and reckoned fooling UK immigration was a piece of piss. I also knew this american girl who lived with her boyfriend used to go take the ferry to boulogne every 6 months (not technically legal) to stay in status, no one batted an eyelid, she said.

90day.jpg

Well firstly my point about the Royals was somewhat missed it seems, at least by some. An intelligent debate is easy to have if you don`t resort to comments like "there is no point in try for an intelligent debate"(or words to that effect before you tell me those were not your words).

The Queen has no more right to be in England than Osama Bin Laden for the very reason that was stated by mr history on page 5 i think it was. You see people are born and are born free. This may of course be debated but it is my belief that people are free to travel and live wherever they please as long as they are not invading/killing etc and other morally suspect behaviour (this again is of course open to debate but there ya go).

It is funny how people will put my opinions down but they will not actually debate my points. People have just said ridiculous etc without even attempting to debate my points. Sure people have argued that the Queen is British and this and that but they have not reached the point i was making which tells me that they never really understood or never really listened/read my point.

You see i would have thought my view would be appreciated on an immigration website but it seems i was wrong on that score.

You are many and i am one man so i will have to reply lots in order to cover all poitns individually. I am sure a lot of you responders have no inclination to read what i have to say as so far there has been rudeness and intolerance towards me on this thread.

so i shall now respond to some repsonses individually. This might be brick wall meet head but worth a try.

I wrote out a long reply, but after reading this post above...I thought it best to refrain.

I got slagged of for saying the same thing!

One of my favourite Board games from many years ago is Britannia. Amusingly some German friends were really into it and we always played when I was over there.

Anyway, it covers the period between the Roman Invasion and the Norman Invasion, and whilst not 100% accurate, certainly for the historically challenged it might be an eye opener to Britain's rather complicated past.

You did not get slagged off for saying the same thing. You did not get "slagged off" even. You showed me zero respect and did not debate me on any of my points. "bollocks" is not an argument. If you had or have somethign to say then say it but don`t just try to belittle me to make yourself feel superior because trust me that kind of comment makes you look spiteful and little else.

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

The Queen has no more right to be in England than Osama Bin Laden for the very reason that was stated by mr history on page 5 i think it was. You see people are born and are born free. This may of course be debated but it is my belief that people are free to travel and live wherever they please as long as they are not invading/killing etc and other morally suspect behaviour (this again is of course open to debate but there ya go).

You do realize that you completely contradicted yourself there, right?

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

To say the Royal family have no more right to be in this country than Osama BIb Laden is stupidity at its worst. !!!

Well you can say it is stupidity at it`s worst but can you say why? I mean the rest of your post was pretty much not related to the topic and didn`t have any bearing on the point i was making and i didn`t see any point that you were trying to make. Maybe you just discovered how to find things out with a computer and wanted to show off or something. Or again maybe you just thought you would try and put me down and make yourself feel superior. Osama Bin Laden(not bib) has the right to travel (i believe the American government would arrange him a jet to travel wherever he wanted to go) and the Queen has no more or less right to travel the globe. How exactly is that stupid? You might not agree with my view but how is it stupid?

I didn`t contradict myself but please tell me how you felt i did?

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

[

"as long as they are not invading/killing etc and other morally suspect behavior"

So Osama bin Laden doesn't count as an invader or killer?

And "morally suspect behavior" doesn't include, say, lying to immigration or customs officials? That one is okay?

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

--Neil Finn

Well, I thought it'd be an interesting conversation as I was alos detained but am not bitter about it> I feel they were right to stop me & find out what the deal was.....but after reading the two ridiculous statements below,...I'm seriously no longer interested in discussion!
The royal family have no more right to be here in England than Osama Bin Laden does........ Why does being born in England give you more right to be in England? That is ridiculous.

Well you were detained and you didn`t mind which is great for you. Some people do not like beign treated like a criminal. I don`t like my wife(fiance at the time) being treated that way and i didn`t like being treated like an accomplice on the phone. They did not face me of course those slimy immigration officers. If you wish to be treated like a sheep that is up to you. Personally i don`t want to be a sheep. I was born human and will die human. You say they were right to stop you but were you denied entry? You want to know the stupid thing? My wife was denied entry but given a days pass type deal so she came home with me that night and i had to take her back to the airport the next day. If she had been plannign to be illegal then she could easily have done it. Again you say ridiculous statements yet you do not even counter them. Just going witht he heard again?

[

"as long as they are not invading/killing etc and other morally suspect behavior"

So Osama bin Laden doesn't count as an invader or killer?

And "morally suspect behavior" doesn't include, say, lying to immigration or customs officials? That one is okay?

Osama Bin Laden`s first response to 9/11 was that it was not him, 911 is the way of the JFK assassination sadly and willa lways be unsolved. Sure as a CIA asset that is rather suspect but until he is convicted by a fair trial then he has the right for argument sake to travel freely. The Queen has plenty of blood on her hand si am sure but again it is not proven in a court of law or whatever. As for invading i believe Bin Laden was the defense side during the Soviet thing but again it is all a muddy pool. So you see there is no contradiction really. It is just semantics anyway since my point was that they have equal rights. Lying is something i am sure everybody is guilty of.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

--Neil Finn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.