gotham10011

Hello! I'm freaking out :)

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I think you are fine. Front loading your i129 is not necessary. In my case we just send a few pics, boarding passes, passport stamps and a 3 pages of phone call bills. That's it! I was approved (noa2) in just 3 month a no RFE. But for my k1 interview I had a 9 pound package with emails, chat logs, skype, facebook, letters, cards, receipts from hotels, rent car, restaurants, guide tours, museums, airplane tickets, boarding passes, itineraries, passport stamps, 8 sworn affidavits from family and friends and 260 photos. The funny part: the CO never EVER asked to see nor a singles photo, she asked 4 questions and I was approved...I was like: dont you want to see my pics? All the things we brought? PLEASE!!!??? (We worked for months! Gathering everything together, traveling with an envelope to keep everything) . So dont worry, and keep all the things you didnt send for the interview

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

The reason copies of IMS and emails are useful and important is because it proves that you are maintaining an ongoing relationship since having the petition approved since circumstances can change with a relationship in the time it takes to get approved. If you have anything like stamped envelopes, copies of dated emails etc. that prove that the relationship is still alive between the approval and the interview then include those. But in both cases, whether it's for USCIS or the embassy an [updated] signed and dated letter of intent from your fiance is strong enough and often sufficient enough to prove an ongoing relationship. But in the case of what you did send I think you ticked all the boxes because that is exactly what I sent and I was approved no problem. Since France is a visa waiver country it shouldn't be very strict anyway.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't worry I didn't send skype logs or anything.

For evidence I just sent, boarding passes (the two i had), e-mail flight itineraries, pictures from each trip and 3 Long distance phone bills! I sent the bare minimum as well. I thought the less they have to go through, the less complications there will be!!

07/10/2013 - Mailed I-129F

07/18/2013 - NOA1

07/19/2013 - Alien Number Change

08/27/2013 - NOA2

Timeline

I'm sure you'll be fine!

Even if you do end up with a crazy-adjudicator, an RFE is NOT the end of the world. Just a tiny little speedbump.

I think it's normal to have the panic after sending it in, because it's all so removed from our hands. Let's face it, it does depend on who looks at our file, what kind of day they're having, what did they eat for lunch that day (seriously, nobody's happy if they're gassy)

I'm hoping you at least cracked a smile with that one. It's not an easy process...but you'll be fine :)

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm sure you'll be fine!

Even if you do end up with a crazy-adjudicator, an RFE is NOT the end of the world. Just a tiny little speedbump.

I think it's normal to have the panic after sending it in, because it's all so removed from our hands. Let's face it, it does depend on who looks at our file, what kind of day they're having, what did they eat for lunch that day (seriously, nobody's happy if they're gassy)

I'm hoping you at least cracked a smile with that one. It's not an easy process...but you'll be fine :)

Haha if that's the case we should start delivering healthy, nutritious and easily digestive lunch packets to the service centers!

Timeline

haha yep! I like your thinking!

(and come on, tasty eating would probably put them in a good mood too!)

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

whether it's for USCIS or the embassy an [updated] signed and dated letter of intent from your fiance is strong enough and often sufficient enough to prove an ongoing relationship.

There's a considerable difference between an ongoing relationship and a bona fide relationship. Also, for many if not most consulates, just an updated letter of intent probably won't be enough.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

There's a considerable difference between an ongoing relationship and a bona fide relationship. Also, for many if not most consulates, just an updated letter of intent probably won't be enough.

I agree with this. The letter of intent is to prove engagement and to state you are free to and intend to marry once the foreign fiance(e) enters the US with a K-1. It is not even required by CDJ for the USC and you would certainly want to take other evidence of having an ongoing, bona fide relationship. This is just another thing that is consulate specific.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I agree with this. The letter of intent is to prove engagement and to state you are free to and intend to marry once the foreign fiance(e) enters the US with a K-1. It is not even required by CDJ for the USC and you would certainly want to take other evidence of having an ongoing, bona fide relationship. This is just another thing that is consulate specific.

I agree with this. I would add that even if France is a super easy consulate, it never hurts to take as many proof of ongoing relationship with you for the interview.

Chances are, they won't ask for it at all, but what if they do and you don't have it?

To the OP, don't stress about your petition. If you do have a RFE for one reason or another, you should probably follow T-Bone advice and take this opportunity to send all the additional proofs you want the embassy to have.

If you don't have an RFE (which you probably won't have), then make sure your fiancé walks in the interview with all the proofs you have. Even if they don't ask anything, this is also a very reassuring thing to have!

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I have a question to you people who already done with NoA2 and to those who is not. I send 8 pictures of us but it is not dated digitaly. I singed, wrote our names, location and sing the date on the back of each picture, with a hand writing. Will it be counted as datedfor USCIS?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I have a question to you people who already done with NoA2 and to those who is not. I send 8 pictures of us but it is not dated digitaly. I singed, wrote our names, location and sing the date on the back of each picture, with a hand writing. Will it be counted as datedfor USCIS?

Your pictures will be fine if both of your names are on them along with a date and location. Digital dates are not requiered.

OUR K-1 JOURNEYMET ONLINE 2011MET IN BELARUS 2012SHE SAID YES!! 2012NOA1 06/22/2012WENT TO GREECE TOGETHER 08/01/2012VISITED HER IN BELARUS 11/07/2012NOA2 VIA EMAIL 12/05/2012EMBASSY INTERVIEW 02/13/2013VISA ISSUED 02/14/2013ARRIVED IN THE U.S. 02/26/2013MARRIED 03/16/2013AOS,EAD,AP FIled 04/02/2013NOA1 04/10/2013Biometrics completed 05/07/2013EAD card sent for production 06/13/2013EAD/AP card arrived in mail. 06/21/2013AOS approved 10/21/2013Green card arrived via mail 10/31/2013Removal of conditions mailed 08/04/2015 10 year card approved 06/08/2016 <p>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Your pictures will be fine if both of your names are on them along with a date and location. Digital dates are not requiered.

Thank you. yes both of our names, date and location is there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Here's what we sent:

- Statement on "How we met" (one short paragraph)

- Photocopies of boarding passes from our visits

- 4 photographs with date & place where taken written on the back

No problems, no RFEs. The officer at the consulate then probed a little bit during the visa interview, asking lots of details about our relationship, how we met and so on.

06-13-2012 - I-129F sent

10-11-2012 - NOA2

01-09-2013 - Interview (approved)

01-18-2013 - Visa received by DHL

-------------------------------------------------

02-21-2013 - One-way-flight to San Diego

03-22-2013 - Wedding

04-16-2013 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent

07-26-2013 - Green Card approved

05-11-2015 - I-751 sent

08-12-2015 - ROC Approved

05-14-2016 - N-400 sent

05-17-2016 - NOA1

06-10-2016 - Biometrics

12-16-2015 - Interview

418 days (1 year, 1 month and 23 days) from Sending out I-129F to Green Card in Hand

K1 Process: 219 days from Sending out I-129F to K1 Visa in Hand

AOS Process: 111 days from Sending out I-485 to Green Card in Hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.