zttrszPwCmp

Where did you gether the documents before you sent them to the USCIS?? folder? Binder??

30 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

How about photos? Is it ok to just paper clip them all together and send it in a seperate envelope? Has anyone just printed their photos on paper instead?

I was advised to put all the photos in a zip lock bag and clip it to the papers. :)

I was told I should also write the date, place, people in the photo and a brief description on the back. Typically "Myself, my fiance (name) his father (name) and his mother (name) outside his home in (place) on (date)" or the like. :)

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

"I kissed the first page and said a prayer !!!!" ROFL xD

When I was gathering the info, I kept in in a folder with a check list on the front of file. When i sent off the package, i must have checked each form, each line about 5 times. I kissed the first page and said a prayer. I put it all in the envelope without the folder, without the clips. We did not get any RFE.

I just read in the official website:

• Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled

I think this is why they did that

I organized the petition in a binder with multiple sections that I labeled with what's in each section. Since my fiancé put one dollar too much on the check they sent it ALL back and told us to put the correct amount on the check.. And... All of our documents were taken out of the binder and just put on top of each other. Doesn't seem like they care for it

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I had to meticulously organize mine for my own sanity as I was assembling because I was paranoid I would forget something... I even had those sticky tab things that you can label to mark off different sections. I read somewhere about putting them only on the bottom of the pages, I don't know where I read that or why it said that, since they do indeed just take everything apart when they get it.

I think it's inadvisable to just print pictures on paper because its so easy to tamper with them (although its not a lot harder to tamper with them before you print them on photo paper, but I think they idea is that it looks like you just went to a shop and got them printed direct). I also read that if you can print them with the date mark showing from the camera's stored information, that can be nice to verify that they were from the past 2 years.

We met when Heather travelled to Egypt to be an au pair!

Our K1 Visa Journey:

12/19/12- NOA1 -VSC

--- moved to "another office" 5/24/13

--- moved to "local office" 5/29/13

--- "is now being processed at a USCIS office" 5/30/13 ... what??

5/30/13- Transfer to TSC

6/18/13- NOA2

7/16/13- NVC Assigned Case #

7/29/13- Case Arrived at Embassy

7/31/13- Packet 3 Received (completed and sent back in 5 days)

1/16/14- Interview Assigned

1/21/14- Interview

2/03/14- Visa Issued!!

4/09/14- Entry into America (JFK)

4/23/14- MARRIED in local courthouse

4/29/14- AoS packet completed and mailed

5/02/14- NoA for AoS received

5/09/14- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

6/04/14- Biometrics Appointment

7/30/14- EAD/AP Combo Card Received in Mail

Need help with your visa but don't want to pay expensive legal fees? Take an online course --> www.myvisaclassroom.com

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just had everything binder clipped together. I used those little post-it flags so I could differentiate all the different forms. For the interview, I took several pages of pictures in a collage printed off on a colored printer. I used Photoshop to label all the different pictures with the people and date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I had to meticulously organize mine for my own sanity as I was assembling because I was paranoid I would forget something... I even had those sticky tab things that you can label to mark off different sections. I read somewhere about putting them only on the bottom of the pages, I don't know where I read that or why it said that, since they do indeed just take everything apart when they get it.

I think it's inadvisable to just print pictures on paper because its so easy to tamper with them (although its not a lot harder to tamper with them before you print them on photo paper, but I think they idea is that it looks like you just went to a shop and got them printed direct). I also read that if you can print them with the date mark showing from the camera's stored information, that can be nice to verify that they were from the past 2 years.

I haven't (yet) gotten my NoA2 approval, but I presented 2 photos of us together with a timestamp, one photo of us in front of cafe martinez, and the receipt from cafe martinez, which had a date/time that all corresponded to my passport stamps (also provided photo copies of). I was also advised to only print the photos on photo paper. I went out of my way and had them printed at walgreens, because the quality is usually better.

Edited by d3adc0d3

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Cover letter

Pictures on an envelope

Required documents stapled separately

Put everything on a mail envelope to USCIS.

Interview is tomorrow!!

yWs4m5.png

NOA1: 22nd Oct 2012

RFE: 1st May 2013

NOA2: 16th May 2013, 206 days from NOA1.

NVC received: 31st May 2013

Interview: July 16th - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

"I kissed the first page and said a prayer !!!!" ROFL xD

I did EXACTLY the SAME. I was talking through skype with my back then fiance, and we prayed, cried, hugged and kissed our package....hahahahahahahaha

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

For the photos, we bought plastic sheets specially to hold photographs (you can buy them at walmart or office depot) , so you can see them like an album photo. We also wrote names, places and date in the back of every photo

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

I used a cover letter and had all the required documents in order. I believe once they receive the package they open it and scan it. So you might want to make it easier on them :)

Good luck good.gif

event.png

K1 from Armenia
I-129F Sent : 2013-01-16
I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-24
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-05-21

NVC Pkg. Rcv. : 2013-06-03

Interview : 2013-07-16 (APPROVED)

US Entry : 2013-10-05

Got Married : 2013-10-15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sweating over the packages can really decline as you proceed through the immigration process. See here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/410945-k-1-journey-completed/

I should add that it's helpful -- on the outer mailing-label -- to type "Original I-129F Petition" as the first line. This can help the package-disassemblers who first handle the incoming package.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.