NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day, I have a question. My husband has been here now for 8 weeks, when he first came we went to the social security office to file for a card the woman told us that a card was issued May 7th. The problem was this on his biographic sheet from the Embassy his mother was listed as my name. The lady fixed the information and resubmitted the correct information and he received another social security card. Still he has not gotten his green card. On the ELIS website it says that he is optimized and processing with a status update of May 6th. I paid the $165.00 on April 1st so I know the fee is paid. I tried to call to speak to someone about the greencard to see if the changes at the social security office is the reason it is taking so long but I cant seem to get a representative. I push option 2 although when I put in the receipt number the voice tells me I didn't put in enough numbers. Please does anyone know the trick to talking to a live person?????????

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

No idea. Im surprised you did not use the a# off your visa. But what is done is done.

You need to return before the stamp expires. Preferably before aug 23rd.

Hi,

You are right. Actually, when I did the interview at Madrid (before receiving the visa), they gave me a letter with a# , and they asked me to pay the immigration fee before my departure. I thought it is better to pay for it as soon as possible. Two weeks after that, they sent me back my passport with IV visa and a correct a#.

Thanks,

Bcn-Cal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi!

Our poe will be in the end of the month

Is that normal that elis says "optimized" and "in process"?

Request Type: USCIS Immigrant Fee

Case Received Date: Jul 2, 2015

Received as: E-file

Status Date: Jul 7, 2015

Payment: Submitted

USCIS

Sep 16, 2014 NOA1

Oct 29, 2014 NOA2

NVC

Nov 14, 2014 Package Received

Dec 16, 2014 Case # Assigned

Dec 16, 2014 Welcome Email

Dec 17, 2014 DS-261 Completed

Dec 17, 2014 Received AOS Bill

Dec 19, 2014 AOS Bill Paid

Dec 30, 2014 Called to NVC. No agent on file.

Dec 31, 2014 Received IV Bill

Dec 31, 2014 IV Bill Paid

Jan 05, 2015 Sent docs to NVC

Jan 08, 2015 Scan Date

Jan 10, 2015 NVC informed about 60 days

Mar 07, 2015 Checklist

Mar 18, 2015 Sent corrected docs

Mar 23, 2015 Checklist Scan Date

Apr 20, 2015 Case Complete

Apr 27, 2015 Case Complete Email

May 7, 2015 Interview Letter

Embassy

May 21, 2015 Medical

June 9, 2015 Interview

July 1, 2015 Got passport back with visa

USA

July 31, 2015 POE Cincinnati

August 12, 2015 SSN in mailbox

August 31, 2015 USCIS began produce Green Card

September 4, 2015 USCIS mailed card

September 5, 2015 Green Card in mailbox

Optimized before POE is a little off. I wouldn't worry too much though as long as you used the right a# and DOS number.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I checked ELIS this morning and finally have a status change!!

The status update was 8th July - ELIS still shows "in process", but I copied and pasted the receipt number into the USCIS status page and instead of an error, I got this -

On July 8, 2015, we began producing your new card for your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxxx. We will mail your card to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Finally, something is happening. Yay!

Hi!

Our poe will be in the end of the month

Is that normal that elis says "optimized" and "in process"?

Request Type: USCIS Immigrant Fee

Case Received Date: Jul 2, 2015

Received as: E-file

Status Date: Jul 7, 2015

Payment: Submitted

Mine was also optimized before POE. It didn't really mean anything so I wouldn't worry about it.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The status update was 8th July - ELIS still shows "in process", but I copied and pasted the receipt number into the USCIS status page and instead of an error, I got this -

On July 8, 2015, we began producing your new card for your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxxx. We will mail your card to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Hello Dave when i checked my status this morning i have a same message.

i am hoping to see Plastic Card soon :)

That often shows up near the end of the optimized process. When ELIS says "closed" that is when the card is actually produced and you can insert your IOE number into the USCIS case tracker to see if you have a tracker number. Sometimes it doesn't work, but mostly it does.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, I paid 165 immigrant fee on may/20/2015. POE was may/19/2015. Elis changed to optimized the second day i paid, may/21/2015. Up till now

elis suck on optimized and its already 49 days. I called uscis 3 weeks ago and they said card would be sent in 2 weeks after and still nothing. I called again on Monday, they said the card its been produced, that i should wait till end of the week. But when i tracked on uscis, with the receipt number, it says error and not recognized. My question is...is it possible to say ur card is being produced and elis account still stucked on optimized and still can`t track receipt no on uscis online??? Thanks..

I could never track my card online. Please give it at least 90 days post payment.

@NLR.....Thanks a lot. Did u recieve ur card, without been able to track on elis, or uscis online? If so, how long did everything take........

Yes. I entered on June 10, 2013 and recieved the card July 13, 2013.

I started this thread about that time.

Ive seen green cards naturally take 6 months but most are no more than 3 months. 3 weeks has been the fastest.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are in the same pile of paperwork I guess. My status date on ELIS changed yesterday, yet still in process-Optimized. USCIS tracker still shows error but hoping to see update soon. Please leave a update here once your card gets mailed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.