NikLR

Green card production after ELIS

1,923 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi All,

I paid my green card fee on April 28, 2015, POE May 12 and got my Social Security Card 2 weeks later. Now the issue is that the social security card came with my name incorrect in that they combined my first and middle names as my first name. All documents in my possession proves that i did input all my names correctly. I went to the local SSC office to get it sorted out and they informed me that if they change it on their system I will be having verification issues until both cards, immigration (green card) and SSC, have the same information. I have called USCIS to give them the correct information before they produce the card. The person I spoke to kept insisting that i had input the information incorrect but the USCIS immigrant fee receipt proves that i did input correctly. They agent said they have added a note to my file to show the correct name. I am not sure however if there is more I should do. Can I visit immigration at the airport to have them correct the info on their system? Or should I just visit the local USCIS office to ensure that all is correct?

Help!!

My husband and I had the same problem the difference is we went to the SSA to apply the woman told us we had already applied for the social security card and it was issued on May 7th, as well the first and middle names were all together from what she told us. She also said she would submit the change but she didn't know if they would approve the changes. She was a bit rude and my husband showed her his birth certificate and such to make the changes. A week later the social security card came in the mail and his names were separated. I am worried about the green card though but then again he has only been here for 32 days so we are just waiting it out. I just really hope that the changes at the SSA wont hold up his green card.

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone, I've tried checking my case status on uscis but it says receipt number is an error,

On Eli's the update says "in process" and optimized

Poe:El Paso Texas may 19th

Paid GC fee on June 1st

My question is how long is the GC process to receive in the mail thanks in advanced!???

Hello everyone, I've tried checking my case status on uscis but it says receipt number is an error,

Paid GC fee on June 1st

My question is how long is the GC process to receive in the mail thanks in advanced!???

Have you tried reading through the thread?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No it's not. I had some issues with mine as well. My SSN card was fine and so was the green card but I had to make a trip across town to get my SAVE db fixed to get my driver's license. The DMV wouldn't let me get one until I had a special letter saying it was fixed. It was fixed in 2 days but the letter took a month. :(

I visited CBP yesterday and was told that they cannot change the assignment of my names in the system as this is a USCIS issue. They claim the error seems to have been made during the assignment of my alien number. They showed me a print out from their system which showed my first and both middle names in the first name line. One officer even suggested to me that maybe I should consider dropping my middle names as it only causes confusion in the system. Lol. I have an infopass setup with USCIS this afternoon so I will let you know how it goes.

Cbp are wholly unknowledgable about immigration other than deciding if you can visit or not. When I entered the guy told me it would take 8 months to get my green card. /rolleyes

USCIS should be able to fix your SAVE db.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Paid GC fee on June 1st

My GC Timeline:

POE: 28th APRIL 2015

SSN: 13th MAY 2015 (asked at the moment of the petition)

GC: delivered

Fee paid: February 2015

ELIS site: Status changed to "in process" 7th MAY, AOExxxx receipt number generates an error on the USCIS site.

USCIS TRACKING:

AOExxxx code now working on the USCIS site: 27th MAY (tested, was generating an error before)

Green card has been mailed on the 26th of May

Green card has been delivered on the 30th of May [uPDATE]

NOTE: at delivery update, USCIS tracking site also points to a UPS tracking webpage showing the delivery

--Stupid

Click here for my Timeline Details

IR-1 Visa, filling from abroad (embassy: Paris, France), dates formats mm/dd/yyyy
08/19/2013 I-130 NOA1
10/05/2013 Alien# notification
02/13/2014 I-130 transferred to CSC
02/27/2014 I-130 NOA2
04/09/2014 -- NVC received + case number assigned
04/11/2014 -- Completed DS-261 online
04/14/2014 -- I-864(AOS) Bill Generated and paid
04/17/2014 -- DS-261 accepted
04/20/2014 -- IV bill invoiced and paid
07/08/2014 -- DS-260 completed online
07/14/2014 -- Sent I-864(AOS) Package
08/04/2014 -- NVC scan date (email)
08/21/2014 -- Checklist for AOS (missing 2013 tax info and missing IV civil docs)
08/22/2014 -- IV civil docs sent
09/08/2014 -- NVC scan date (email)
09/04/2014 -- AOS documents sent again !
09/11/2014 -- Checklist for civil docs (US marriage certificate wanted vs. FR one sent)
09/12/2014 -- US marriage certificate sent
09/17/2014 -- NVC scan date (email)
11/28/2014 -- Case Complete
01/05/2015 -- Medical
01/06/2015 -- Interview
01/13/2015 -- Visa in Hand
04/28/2015 -- POE

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Anyone else from POE around May end waiting for their GC? my POE was 23rd May and status online has been stuck to Optimized - In process since. Already had paid the ELIS Fee before POE.

Have both of you updated addresses in ELIS and/or gotten your SSN?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Have both of you updated addresses in ELIS and/or gotten your SSN?

Yes SSN came 10 days after POE and I updated the address on the ELIS website.

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

Same here - still waiting.

POE 25th May at LAX. SSN received 1st June.

Original ELIS processing date was 14th April, now it shows 1st June, which is odd. Status updated for 18th June - Processing. Still in 'Optimized'.

I'm still unable to track it on the USCIS website using the IOE receipt number.

I guess I just wait.....?

Anyone else from POE around May end waiting for their GC? my POE was 23rd May and status online has been stuck to Optimized - In process since. Already had paid the ELIS Fee before POE.

My POE was 2 days after you on the 25th at LAX. I also paid my ELIS fee before POE.

Have you heard anything yet?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are still waiting Poe may 6th. ELIS says optimized and processing. The fee was paid before POE

Ok update us if you hear anything.

My POE was 2 days after you on the 25th at LAX. I also paid my ELIS fee before POE.

Have you heard anything yet?

No updates. mine is in optimized since 2-3 days after POE. Let me know if you hear anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.