Gary and Alla

THIS is how you reform immigration

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

http://news.yahoo.com/7-eleven-cracks-down-franchisees-federal-authorities-seize-012317502.html

NONE of the proposed immigration changes are needed and neither is any further border protection. It is all smoke and mirrors to conscript new Democrat voters and slaves for Republicans business owners to profit from.

CLOSE DOWN the business of ANY employer that exploits illegals and the entore roblem will vanish, the people held for exploitation will self deport back to where they can live a decent life in a decent job.

Do it early. Do it often. Shut them down, padlock the door. It is not necessary to deport 11 million illegal aliens, it is only necessary to lock out a few hundred businesses. Americans, or even LEGAL immigrants (I am always amused that only illegal Mexicans will do these jobs...not LEGAL Mexicans) WILL do these jobs when they are paid properly and receive benefits and good working conditions. YES it will cost employers more.

These people are not hired because they are the best roofers, landscapers and barn cleaners in the world, they are not hired because their legal countrymen will not do the same work, they are hired because they are exploited to avoid costs and increase profits to "the 1%"

"legalizing" 11 million of them will simply raise the cost of employing them without offering the employer any further skills or abilities in return. Suddenly the cost of that illegal employee doubles or triples when he becomes legal. Right. He gets laid off, and the employer hires another illegal to take his place for the lower cost.

"they are only doing the work Americans won't do" is the biggest crock of sh*t ever cooked up. They are doing the work for less than minimum wage, no benefits, no protections, no workman's comp, no unemployment insurance. Americans and legal immigrants will gladly do this work for proper pay and benefits

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Illegal immigrants are not a burden on the economy. Only a burden on tax dollars. Making them legal will solve the latter. Your solution will likely hurt the economy more than assist it.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Illegal immigrants are not a burden on the economy. Only a burden on tax dollars. Making them legal will solve the latter. Your solution will likely hurt the economy more than assist it.

How would it hurt the economy? Precisely how?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

How would it hurt the economy? Precisely how?

If you force a consumer base of 11 million people out of the country, how could it not? And if all the compaines that hire these workers see their workforce leave, how would it not? You say that Americans all want these jobs, which I find hard to believe (or we wouldn't see such an inflix of HB-1 workers, as compaines are required to offer those jobs to Americans first), but even if that is the case, then their higher salaries will result in higher prices for the consumer, so how could it not?

It's a worldwide economy my friend. I'm not saying that your solution is a bad one, just that it would hurt the economy in ways that you probably wouldn't have imagined. I'm not particularly supportive of that kind of damage and really don't mind seeing all these people around, so why not legalize them and have them contribute to the tax base?

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Bring back slavery, then the US Economy would really boom.

Until that we need illegals.

Americans are too lazy and want to be paid too much money for no effort.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Americans are too lazy and want to be paid too much money for no effort.

+1

The idea that closing businesses that "exploit" illegals would solve the immigration problem is ridiculous. First of all, most illegals would not return to where they came from, even if they were forced to beg for money or steal. Even a crappy life in the US may be better than they had back home.

BTW-I think you meant "employ", not exploit. Nobody is exploiting anybody. These workers are working on their own free will, nobody is forcing them. Just because you wouldn't work for a certain wage or under certain conditions doesn't equate to exploitation. In the US, we have become a bunch of bleeding hearts worrying about others being exploited, even though they aren't complaining.

Exactly who would be responsible for closing down all these businesses? It's not hundreds, it's many thousands across the US. And if you happened to close down all the businesses, I wonder who would do the work that illegals now do. Americans? rofl.gif I'm sure they would at $20/hr with full benefits and 4 weeks paid vacation, maybe. Guess who would end up paying for it, the consumer.

I sometimes wonder whether people just read something and they accept it without actually thinking about it. I've done it myself a time or two, but it's always good to think about it before you start telling people about it.

Edited by Eric-Pris

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

http://news.yahoo.com/7-eleven-cracks-down-franchisees-federal-authorities-seize-012317502.html

NONE of the proposed immigration changes are needed and neither is any further border protection. It is all smoke and mirrors to conscript new Democrat voters and slaves for Republicans business owners to profit from.

CLOSE DOWN the business of ANY employer that exploits illegals and the entore roblem will vanish, the people held for exploitation will self deport back to where they can live a decent life in a decent job.

Do it early. Do it often. Shut them down, padlock the door. It is not necessary to deport 11 million illegal aliens, it is only necessary to lock out a few hundred businesses. Americans, or even LEGAL immigrants (I am always amused that only illegal Mexicans will do these jobs...not LEGAL Mexicans) WILL do these jobs when they are paid properly and receive benefits and good working conditions. YES it will cost employers more.

These people are not hired because they are the best roofers, landscapers and barn cleaners in the world, they are not hired because their legal countrymen will not do the same work, they are hired because they are exploited to avoid costs and increase profits to "the 1%"

"legalizing" 11 million of them will simply raise the cost of employing them without offering the employer any further skills or abilities in return. Suddenly the cost of that illegal employee doubles or triples when he becomes legal. Right. He gets laid off, and the employer hires another illegal to take his place for the lower cost.

"they are only doing the work Americans won't do" is the biggest crock of sh*t ever cooked up. They are doing the work for less than minimum wage, no benefits, no protections, no workman's comp, no unemployment insurance. Americans and legal immigrants will gladly do this work for proper pay and benefits

the legalization of immigrants you are referring to has to do with illegals who were brought here before they had the ability to make those choices themselves.. ie.. as children

the massive amount of illegal immigrants that are here by sneaking through the fence and such, I do agree need to go back

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Filed: Timeline
BTW-I think you meant "employ", not exploit. Nobody is exploiting anybody. These workers are working on their own free will, nobody is forcing them. Just because you wouldn't work for a certain wage or under certain conditions doesn't equate to exploitation. In the US, we have become a bunch of bleeding hearts worrying about others being exploited, even though they aren't complaining.
I see. So because these folks worked at their own free will - which they arguably did - you wouldn't say they are exploited?
671145-bangladesh-factory-building-colla

How about these ex workers? Any chance they were exploited and paid with their lives for that exploitation?

bangladesh-factory-collapse-3.jpg

taslima03-4_3_rx513_c680x510.jpg?6c3c24a

Exactly who would be responsible for closing down all these businesses? It's not hundreds, it's many thousands across the US. And if you happened to close down all the businesses, I wonder who would do the work that illegals now do. Americans? rofl.gif I'm sure they would at $20/hr with full benefits and 4 weeks paid vacation, maybe. Guess who would end up paying for it, the consumer.
You don't have to close thousands of businesses. You close a few and the others will get the message. The risk merely needs to outweigh the reward. It's bean-counting. That's all it is. And thus far, Americans or lawful residents have kept any factory or business that was raided by ICE afloat. There were lines out the door at meat packaging plants and other businesses that all of a sudden did not have any illegal labor available. Americans in line to do work that Americans allegedly don't want to do. Businesses would have to pay market prices for American labor. I don't see a problem with that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Borders are just arbitrary lines drawn on the surface of the planet. All other life forms on this planet don't recognize those lines, neither should humans.

And being born 100 yards on either side of that imaginary line determines your future.

Humans like claiming a piece of land, its an ingrained reaction that doesn't seem to go away.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Businesses would have to pay market prices for American labor. I don't see a problem with that.

The corollary is that the American consumer would be faced with a market rate for goods and services that reflects this.

Would you be as accepting of higher prices as a result of the policy you advocate?

I would. :thumbs:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The corollary is that the American consumer would be faced with a market rate for goods and services that reflects this.

Would you be as accepting of higher prices as a result of the policy you advocate?

I would. good.gif

Exactly. We've become the country that disregards ethics and focuses on cost.

Funny thing about the economy is that someone always finds a way to do the right thing and make profit, just not obscene profits.

We've lost sight of our humanity on many levels.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

Filed: Timeline

I would. good.gif

Absolutely. In many ways I do that already frequenting businesses that are known to treat their staff fairly while avoiding those that are know not to do so.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If you force a consumer base of 11 million people out of the country, how could it not? And if all the compaines that hire these workers see their workforce leave, how would it not? You say that Americans all want these jobs, which I find hard to believe (or we wouldn't see such an inflix of HB-1 workers, as compaines are required to offer those jobs to Americans first), but even if that is the case, then their higher salaries will result in higher prices for the consumer, so how could it not?

It's a worldwide economy my friend. I'm not saying that your solution is a bad one, just that it would hurt the economy in ways that you probably wouldn't have imagined. I'm not particularly supportive of that kind of damage and really don't mind seeing all these people around, so why not legalize them and have them contribute to the tax base?

I think you mean H1-B. I'm very familiar with the H1-B program. It's a scam. It's a way for large companies to exploit foreign workers and pay them peanuts. All the while doing it on U.S. soil. Did you know it's next to impossible to change jobs from one company to another while on an H1-B? These H1-B workers in most cases work for large consulting firms that then hire them out to tech companies. You don't want to work 12 hours and get paid for 8? No problem, you're fired. As far as offering the jobs to American workers first, that's simply a joke. The corporations pay these "employment" then the agencies pay the workers. After they take their cut of course. So take a company like TATA consulting. They sponsor an H1B worker form India. That worker comes to the U.S. via H1-B. TATA has a job waiting for them at ABC tech company as a software developer. TATA collects $75 an hour from ABC and pays the worker $35 an hour with no benefits. You want to complain? Or try switching jobs? Tough $hit. Your visa is tied to TATA. No job with TATA, no H1-B.

I've worked with lots of H1-B visa holders. In fact the team I was a part of from 2008-2010 was entirely H1-B except for myself. Keep in mind the massive unemployment during this time.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Either way, it is inevitable. You cannot artificially force companies to hire only certain people at a set wage. That's not how capitalism works, or else it isn't capitalism. If you remove the illegal workforce or do away with the H1-B system, then these companies will simply move overseas so they can keep the labor pay the same. Which they have done. There really isn't a solution here other than to just end restrictions on artificial borders and allow what is already occurring to occur. At least, like I say, legalizing the residents will get them paying into the tax system like everyone else and give them rights. Other than that, the economy is going to remain as is, whether we like it or not. America is no longer the gated community that it once was when the world's economy wasn't as connected or so one sided in favor of U.S. manufacturing. Those days are long gone and simply will not return. We can either accept that with dignity or go down swinging.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif