coffeelove

I called NVC !! and got a bad news

49 posts in this topic

*** moved from process and procedure to case filing and progress reports ***

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You're right. We were fortunate to have a relatively fast NOA2 approval, but now it seems we are on the losing end with an unusually long time for receipt by NVC. I thought it would be smooth sailing once we received NOA2, and my fiancee and I would b together soon. But I guess this whole process is fraught with pitfalls all along the way. How absolutely frustrating. 408 days. I don't know how you did it!!!

Keep in mind your type of case will go thru NVC quickly once they begin. And keep in mind that ALL cases pass thru NVC so they are always very busy.

This process is very frustrating for everyone. Especially for those of us that never had any need to know anything about it before we began this journey. Most of us learn enough about it in the end to see why some of this isn't as insane as it seemed.

We went thru the ordeal because of the motivation needed to obtain a better life in this great country. My daughter and I will soon be American citizens and enjoy a level of freedom not found in my own country. The systems here are not perfect but they do work pretty well and no where else would we be able to have such opportunities.

Try to relax and you will soon have what you want. Its a small price to pay for the life you will provide for your family.

We waited a month at the NVC. It'll get there. Someday...

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I've been waiting for almost two months. I got our noa2 on April 18th and still nothing. I call everyday and they tell me to send emails to research. Ive sent 3 emails so far and only got one response which basically said to scan and emai, a copy of our noa2 which I had already included in the email they were responding to!! It's very frustrating bc everyone said after our noa2 the process would be a lot quicker. :/

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

My fiancee called the NVC this morning and hold up the call for 15 minutes, the NVC officer ( Lady ) was answer and ask for our WAC#******, We recently approved on 10 June. and she said NVC still dint get our case yet and any cases approved during June should call after 4th July ! or take longer than 15 - 20 business day ! That's a month !! mad.gif

I am wondering if they use the turtle for shipment or what they are doing ?

Ur turtle comment made me laugh so hard! Sorry u have to wait even longer :( hope they get it soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been waiting for almost two months. I got our noa2 on April 18th and still nothing. I call everyday and they tell me to send emails to research. Ive sent 3 emails so far and only got one response which basically said to scan and emai, a copy of our noa2 which I had already included in the email they were responding to!! It's very frustrating bc everyone said after our noa2 the process would be a lot quicker. :/

Two months - that's discouraging to hear. I don't understand how some files take so long, and others take just a week. It's so arbitrary and ridiculous.

Mine was approved May 10th and I am still waiting too. Just scanned my approval notice and sent it off yesterday. I also called a friend who is the Director of one of our state Senators. He had me fax him a copy of my approval as well....don't have much faith in the scan I sent to NVC, but hopefully I can get an answer now that I have my Senator in on it.

Dec 13, 2012 ~ heart.gif Married my Best Friend heart.gif

Jan 18, 2013 ~ Mailed I 130

Jan 22, 2013 ~ I 130 Received at USCIS

May 10, 2013 ~ I 130 Approved

July 2, 2013 ~ NVC Received packet from USCIS

July 8, 2013 ~ Got NVC Case #, Invoice # & Beneficiary #

July 10, 2013 ~ Sent DS 3032 by email

July 15, 2013~ Received DS3032/I-864 email

July 15, 2013 ~ Sent I-864 Payment... Re-sent DS 3032 Supervisor Review

July 16, 2013 ~ AOS shows PAID

July 17, 2013 ~ Mailed AOS package

July 22, 2013 ~ AOS received at NVC

July 25, 2013 ~ Accepted DS 3032 email

July 26, 2013 ~ Received IV Bill

July 27, 2013 ~ Paid IV Bill

July 31, 2013 ~ IV Bill Shows Paid, Mailed IV Packet!

Aug 01, 2013 ~ NVC received DS 230 packet

Aug 12, 2013 ~ Called NVC and was told I had a checklist on AOS..uuuggghhhhh

Aug 19, 2013 ~ NVC received corrected AOS

Aug 23, 2013 ~ Received Checklist on DS230..need Birth Certificate in Extensa

Sept 9, 2013 ~ NVC Received correct Birth Certificate, but now being told 30 business day review instead of 20 sad.png

Sept 13, 2013 ~ Did the DS 260 online...another 30 business day review ..Ugghhhhh...was told we didn't need to do this, but now we do mad.gif

Oct 2, 2013 ~ CASE COMPLETE AND INTERVIEW DATE OF NOV. 20th!! WAHOOOOO!

Nov 20, 2013 ~ VISA APROVADA!!

Nov 26, 2013 ~ Picked Up Visa in Santo Domingo at Domex

Nov 27, 2013 ~ POE Atlanta....Then flew to Illinois....Picked my Hubby up at the Airport!!!

event.png

[/url]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I been waiting for more than two months going for the 2 1/2 i got an email from NVC that USCIS retained my case... anyone knows why or how long does it take to send it?

My fiancee called the NVC this morning and hold up the call for 15 minutes, the NVC officer ( Lady ) was answer and ask for our WAC#******, We recently approved on 10 June. and she said NVC still dint get our case yet and any cases approved during June should call after 4th July ! or take longer than 15 - 20 business day ! That's a month !! mad.gif

our NOA2 date was June 7th and NVC got our file yesterday... give it a few days and call again xo

I was approved June 3rd, my package was shipped to my consulate on the 14th of June by the :)NVC

You have to wait 15 days before you call them, It is too soon to tell.

After that you will be able to track it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Xisp_zTFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was approved June 3rd, my package was shipped to my consulate on the 14th of June by the smile.pngNVC

You have to wait 15 days before you call them, It is too soon to tell.

After that you will be able to track it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Xisp_zTFE

That video you posted is for tracking to your consulate.

That's not for a while.

oldlady.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I been waiting for more than two months going for the 2 1/2 i got an email from NVC that USCIS retained my case... anyone knows why or how long does it take to send it?

This very question has been answered above. Read thru the posts again please.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.