SarAyouBliss

Post-NOIR: approval reaffirmation, what's next?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello, hope everyone's doing good in here,

On April 12, 2013, my wife submitted evidences to the USCIS. The USCIS reaffirmed the approval of our petition on May 24, 2013 to make an end to the NOIR nightmare but not an end to the visa process. The NVC yesterday informed my wife that everything looks good, very likely an interview iwas scheduled but they said it's confidential until the right time to be announced.

We submitted our co-sponsor's I-864 + tax returns along with the package of evidences against the NOIR to the USCIS because my wife's last 3 years tax returns are not the best, ( she worked full 2012 >>>above poverty level, half 2011>>>above poverty level, nothing >>2010) knowing that the CO at my last interview (Sept 2012) emphasized that my wife didn't meet the financial criteria which can cause denial without looking at red flags or other factors.

Am i still supposed to have a copy of our co-sponsor's I-864 at the day of interview (original or just a copy) ? Should my wife fill out another I-864 and provide her last 3 years tax returns to combine it with our co-sponsor's package to present it at my next interview?

Although our case was reaffirmed, i'm not totally celebrating but grateful, i heard from couple of people that the reaffirmation means CO can't deny it especially we are married 2 years and half ago (IR-1), but that's not necessarily true. I'd like to read from people who overcame the NOIR, what follows the NOIR, some details if available.

Thank you for your help

Edited by SarAyouBliss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your case will be sent from USCIS to NVC then on to the embassy. Once it is at the embassy they can put your case in AP for months while they review it or you could be called for an interview within a month or 2. The embassy will tell you what papers they need. We had to submit a new DS230, police certificate, medical exam, original I-864 with 3 years tax returns from sponsor and co-sponsor, passport photo's and my husbands passport..

The embassy in Pakistan is famous for putting people in AP. I can only go by my experience. Our case was reaffirmed and when it got to the embassy was placed in AP. We had been in AP 9 months when the embassy sent my husband an email to send new documents and a medical and his passport. We are still waiting for the visa to be placed in the passport or another interview.,

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

A side question; I just turned in all the evidence for our NOIR and I am curious how long it took from the receipt of evidence to the USCIS reply? They say per instructions we should hear something in 60 days but I also know that means absolutely nothing. They said the same from the 221(g) and that took 6 months to get a reply.

All this is doing is making us even stronger and better in our life together together. I just am like others; it is nice to meet someone else going through this process.

As mentioned abouve I have read the biggest issue is the consulate putting you on AP and for the few I have et here it has been up to 6 months AP before the next step which was approval and Interview for each.

Timeline

A side question; I just turned in all the evidence for our NOIR and I am curious how long it took from the receipt of evidence to the USCIS reply? They say per instructions we should hear something in 60 days but I also know that means absolutely nothing. They said the same from the 221(g) and that took 6 months to get a reply.

All this is doing is making us even stronger and better in our life together together. I just am like others; it is nice to meet someone else going through this process.

As mentioned abouve I have read the biggest issue is the consulate putting you on AP and for the few I have et here it has been up to 6 months AP before the next step which was approval and Interview for each.

Hi, We submitted the evidences on April 11, 2013, and the USCIS announced the reaffirmation of our case on May 24, 2013, so basically it took 44 days for the USCIS to give us the response. and it took about 50 days for the NVC to schedule me an interview, my interview is on Aug 14, 2013.

let me if u need help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, We submitted the evidences on April 11, 2013, and the USCIS announced the reaffirmation of our case on May 24, 2013, so basically it took 44 days for the USCIS to give us the response. and it took about 50 days for the NVC to schedule me an interview, my interview is on Aug 14, 2013.

let me if u need help

So my next stupid question: When we are re-affirmed (;-)) does USCIS forward all the evidence or will I need to send it all to NVC as well?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

So my next stupid question: When we are re-affirmed (;-)) does USCIS forward all the evidence or will I need to send it all to NVC as well?

USCIS will send the reaffirmed file and contents to the NVC; no action on your part in this regard is needed.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

When the USCIS notify you of the reaffirmation, they forward your case to the NVC including all the evidences & items you've submitted previously, then the NVC forward the said stuff to the consulate, then the consulate schedules an interview. I got approved today, after dealing with NOIR and long waiting before that, they're gonna process my visa but they don't know when it'll be available, it may be 1 week, 1 month, 4 months+,. im posting a thread soon with details. Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

When the USCIS notify you of the reaffirmation, they forward your case to the NVC including all the evidences & items you've submitted previously, then the NVC forward the said stuff to the consulate, then the consulate schedules an interview. I got approved today, after dealing with NOIR and long waiting before that, they're gonna process my visa but they don't know when it'll be available, it may be 1 week, 1 month, 4 months+,. im posting a thread soon with details. Good luck

I hope that means CONGRATS!!!! You've waited a long time, my friend.

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Timeline

I hope that means CONGRATS!!!! You've waited a long time, my friend.

Thanks, well i'm still confused, the CO said it literally " we're gonna issue your visa, but it's gonna take some time" then i made sure by asking her assistant, he said " Al Hamdoulilah" you're approved, i said " so when do you think i can pick up my passport with visa in it" he said "i can't tell you when, 1 week, 1 month, +" i said ok, well i'm approved that's what matters, but i don't wanna wait another year from now. i hope they're not gonna change their mind LOL. now it is not an entire CONGRATULATION , just half of it " CONGRAT"

Edited by SarAyouBliss

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thanks, well i'm still confused, the CO said it literally " we're gonna issue your visa, but it's gonna take some time" then i made sure by asking her assistant, he said " Al Hamdoulilah" you're approved, i said " so when do you think i can pick up my passport with visa in it" he said "i can't tell you when, 1 week, 1 month, +" i said ok, well i'm approved that's what matters, but i don't wanna wait another year from now. i hope they're not gonna change their mind LOL. now it is not an entire CONGRATULATION , just half of it " CONGRAT"

I am confused, did you have to go in for an interview again. We are reaffirmed. Turkey Embassy received our file Aug 21 and requested we send in updated forms. Now will they schedule a second interview?

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Timeline

I am confused, did you have to go in for an interview again. We are reaffirmed. Turkey Embassy received our file Aug 21 and requested we send in updated forms. Now will they schedule a second interview?

Since they reaffirmed, that's what matters, and yes, they're going to schedule a second interview soon, keep contacting the consulate in turkey

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Smells like they not certain (they = staff at the IV Unit) if yer getting into AP or not.

Any update on the visa packet in yer hands?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Smells like they not certain (they = staff at the IV Unit) if yer getting into AP or not.

Any update on the visa packet in yer hands?

Yes i got my visa packet on Aug 19, felt unreal but yes it's a beautiful IR-1 in my closet, thanks Darnell, you're a God's send to people here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.