goodlucklife

Transferred file from vsc to Texas got touched today!!!!!!

2,730 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi! I don't have a lot of experience in the forum, but I have been reading the posts, I got transfer notice a few days ago, and I read a lot of people are talking about 'local offices'? How do I know if my file has been sent to a local office and how do I found out where?

Thank you so much everybody for all of your posts!!! otherwise we would have NO idea what to do!!!

We appreciate it very very much!!!

ps. My fiancee lives in the state of New York

well, im in the first batch of transfers and it seems as if on wednesday, july 3, texas just sent ALOT of people RFE's...not liking that i received that dreaded email myself. But i guess at least my case was "touched".

You will receive notice in the mail about where your case was sent to for the transfer, so you will just have to wait for the mail.

Good luck to all...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We received a notice that our case was transferred from Vermont Service center to the Texas Service Center on June 21st. Our NOA1 was on Jan. 28th, 2013. I called the customer help line on July 1st and the man told me that Texas was working on Jan 13th, 2013 that day. So I am hoping ours will be approved any day now...Does anyone else have any other information about this situation or are in the same boat ? We are trying not to get frustrated....I called again today but the lady on the phone said that the information the other guy gave me about Texas progress reports are not available...She was quite unfriendly though...Thanks...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well guys, don't get too frustrated. It is a hurry up and wait situation. All of the VSC to TSC transfers that have been approved over the last 3 weeks - guess where they are??????? NO NOT at NVC. Those approved files are still sitting at TSC. VSC and CSC send weekly or bi-weekly batches to NVC. TSC is still sitting on them. People calling NVC are being told that it could be 8 weeks before they get a case number and can progress to the next step. We are officially those little red head step children that nobody wants anything to do with.

But some of the transferred people here got there notices in just a few days in the mail, approved the same time as the others. so im thinking that the USCIS system is tainted and needs revamped very badly, to make it a fair process.

And why did so many people get RFE's on july 3rd?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yeah we were transferred from the vsc at the end of june

Yes, we were transferred to Texas from the VSC at the end of June! Can't believe it, I keep checking it to make sure I didn't read it wrong- but it now says approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey all - I've just received our RFE in the mail. It was a TINY box i hadn't ticked under the security questions about criminal history. Having just received this in the States - we're just missed the last post here for the weekend in Europe but will get it out on Monday for damn sure... So mad at myself for missing the tiniest box in the world!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Oh yeah, and despite having changed my address online, they sent it back to the original address on my application - thankfully my family are there - but just warning people in case they don't receive anything. It's probably a good idea to check your original address for the mail if you've moved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Got approved in Texas today!!! So happy

Congrats from me as well!! Did you get approved today or just saw your approval online today?? I didn't think they would work on cases on a Saturday.. Sheesh I thought at least on the weekends I get a break from excessively checking my case online :))))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.