fsuinla

Denial decision

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have just received a denial decision email. Me and my fiance from Thailand have a little 18 month boy. I'm looking for advice and I have no idea what to do next.

It would be better to post here exactly what this notice says or you will sort through 1,000 guesses. I suggest you make an Info Pass appointment right now. Sit down with USCIS to find out exactly what is wrong including the possibility they made a mistake if what you said about your situation is correct there is no reason for a denial at this stage. Something you left out or info you submitted cause this to happen.

I agree its strange that there was no RFE for example. If one was sent and you didn't get it or respond it would could cause a denial.

You may be able to overcome the denial if you can quickly react. Do not wait any longer than you have to take action.

Timeline

Thank you for the suggestion. I just made an Info Pass appointment. Hopefully everything will work out

Great. If it turns out that USCIS made a mistake you can ask them to expedite the case because of it.

If the denial was due to a mistake you made you can ask them to " reconsider " the case after you submit whatever they may ask for.

Timeline

Maybe they made a mistake which you can turn around. Evidence of meeting within two years, evidence of right to marry, evidence of your citizenship, intent to marry.

It isn't clear what the problem is but if it were as you are guessing it would have resulted in an RFE ( Request for evidence ). Or should have. The O P indicates he followed the K 1 guide in his submittal.

Sorry about this. Any red flags in the petition? Please specify.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What did the denial letter say?

I hope your info pass apt. gives you answers

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear. I'm sure once you have figured out the reason for denial you'll receive many helpful advise from this site. Good Luck to you and your family.

I-129F

July of 2010: We met in Eritrean when I was on vacation.

August of 2010: Returned to U.S and we spoke on the phone everyday and still do (very costly).

December of 2010 to January 2011: went back to Eritrea to see him.

January 11, 2011- Engaged.

March 2, 2011: I-129F sent

March 13, 2012: Second interview. Placed on Administrative Processing.

October 16, 2012: Case sent back to USCIS

November 16, 2012 Case reaffirmed and sent back to the Department of State (according to the USCIS SITE)

November 28, 2012 Vermont Service Center received Petition back from Embassy.

March 2013- Returned K1 validity expired. Here we go again.... !

I-130

March 15, 2013 Married

April 29, 2013 Filed I-130

May 2, 2013: Received NOA1 via text/email

May 6, 2013: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

XX- X, 2013: NVC received file

XX- X, 2013: NVC case number assigned

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.