155 posts in this topic

Hi

So i got married December 2005 and got my Permanent Resident Card. No problem there.

2008 I finished my bachelor degree and got a job same year. So I worked for this company for 4.5 years and now I'm looking for another job.

Here is the problem.

My Permanent resident card expired 06/12/2008 and I didn't even know about it until now that I'm looking for a new job.

To add more to this thing, I got divorced December 2012 and have two children.

My question is, how do i renew my card?

Do I remove the condition (I-751), or do i apply for e new card (I-90)?

Any advice?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you have failed to remove conditions you have lost your status . If you were only slightly late and had a very good excuse it may have been forgiven but years late because you forgot isn't an acceptable excuse. You would need to start a whole new process.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

If you have failed to remove conditions you have lost your status . If you were only slightly late and had a very good excuse it may have been forgiven but years late because you forgot isn't an acceptable excuse. You would need to start a whole new process.

So, tell me. Does it mean i'm not a resident anymore?

I have been here for several years with no problem. I never left the country, how bad can my situation be?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have been here for several years with no problem. I never left the country, how bad can my situation be?

Have you checked with USCIS to find out if you are in removal proceedings?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

You dont hold a status with United States. So, from USA perspective you are an illegal immigrant (pardon my words here)

11/22/12 = Filed I-751 to remove conditions

11/30/12 = Got NOA1 (I-797C)

12/23/12 = Got the bio-metrics done (USCIS Status: Pending)

Waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You dont hold a status with United States. So, from USA perspective you are an illegal immigrant (pardon my words here)

Not only that but she has been working illegally since the card expired as well.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

That is so weird, i have done everything normally all these years with no problem, and now i'm an illigal resident.

This sucks a lot.

Filed: Timeline

From the uscis point of view your done for. I don't know about your specific case but the uscis is not nice entity at all. I would recommend you to go to trail against the uscis and prove that you did enter your initial marriage in good face, from a legal point of view i think that is all that is needed, but get a lawyer, then show the juge that you have 2 Childer to prove you enter your intial marrige in goodface and force the juge to force the uscis to give you back your permanet residence card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

That is so weird, i have done everything normally all these years with no problem, and now i'm an illigal resident.

This sucks a lot.

No, you've been an illegal alien since your card expired in 2008.. you just didn't know.

Have you tried looking yourself up in e-verify? https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/vislogin.aspx?JS=YES

That verifies your work eligibility.

This sucks a lot.

You are illegal and you could get deported so becarefull but you still have hope though if you are inside the USA because you can still sow back uscis, but if they deported you are done for. Uscis controls the borders and will not let you in again.

No, you've been an illegal alien since your card expired in 2008.. you just didn't know.

Have you tried looking yourself up in e-verify? https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/vislogin.aspx?JS=YES

That verifies your work eligibility.

Everify can't tell his social is not in good stance with uscis. The only thing everify can see is wether his social security number exist or not and his number thus exit. This has nothing to with everify. His social already exists because it was given to him when he got initially married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Everify can't tell his social is not in good stance with uscis. The only thing everify can see is wether his social security number exist or not and his number thus exit. This has nothing to with everify. His social already exists because it was given to him when he got initially married

Have you USED e-verify? It doesn't "just" check the social, it checks work eligibility. from here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=c9029a47044ad210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=68d27cd67450d210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

E-Verify is used by U.S. businesses to instantly check 455 million Social Security Administration (SSA) and 80 million Department of Homeland Security (DHS) records to determine if a person is eligible to work in the United States.

The Self Check service is being offered by the E-Verify Program and it is using the same system to check SSA and DHS records.

I posted the wrong link before. I meant to post this one: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=2ec07cd67450d210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=2ec07cd67450d210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

The OP enters her information and it will tell her if she's work eligible. If her status has been revoked, then she won't clear e-verify. If she still clears e-verify then I'll query whether it's useful to use this or not.

Have you USED e-verify? It doesn't "just" check the social, it checks work eligibility. from here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=c9029a47044ad210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=68d27cd67450d210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

I posted the wrong link before. I meant to post this one: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=2ec07cd67450d210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=2ec07cd67450d210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

The OP enters her information and it will tell her if she's work eligible. If her status has been revoked, then she won't clear e-verify. If she still clears e-verify then I'll query whether it's useful to use this or not.

Thank you for this information.

I did verify and i am eligible to work in the United States.

I am not sure if everify can check works eligibility in that level. Maybe what they mean by works eligibility is to check if the social simple exist on their database and thats all. For them to be able to check what you point out uscis would have to share information with the ss administration and I don't think they do that but not totally sure, I think that they simply put a huge label on your ss card that's point out to employers that your social is not eligible for work without you showing proper identification, like your PR GC or WP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.