155 posts in this topic

Look, there are too many people here with great negativity. Should I panic? no!

There is always a solution, and my solution is to go to a lawyer and see what they can do for me.

There are too many people here thinking they are experts in this area. All i wanted was for advice, not to be all haters and tell me that I'm an illegal, and that i should leave the country and ####### like that.

Forst of all, I have kids here and I will never leave them alone, I'm their father.

Instead of questioning, give advice.

Instead of criticizing, give advice.

happens, and it happened to me. Is it a big big mess, hell yeah, but i wont lay down and die because of it. Instead, I need to find a solution. With haters like most people in this forum, anybody can die and give up in life.

I'm a positive person, and I will find a solution.

Filed: Timeline

Look, there are too many people here with great negativity. Should I panic? no!

There is always a solution, and my solution is to go to a lawyer and see what they can do for me.

There are too many people here thinking they are experts in this area. All i wanted was for advice, not to be all haters and tell me that I'm an illegal, and that i should leave the country and ####### like that.

Forst of all, I have kids here and I will never leave them alone, I'm their father.

Instead of questioning, give advice.

Instead of criticizing, give advice.

###### happens, and it happened to me. Is it a big big mess, hell yeah, but i wont lay down and die because of it. Instead, I need to find a solution. With haters like most people in this forum, anybody can die and give up in life.

I'm a positive person, and I will find a solution.

Good answer, there is always a solution for everything and I do think there is a solution for your case but it’s going to need a lawyer.

About the member in this forum, I been reading visa journey forums for a long time and some members here get nasty when you don’t fallow procedure. I think some members probably work at the USCIS; I am pretty sure about this. Because of this I think they have a tendency to vote in favor of whatever USCIS does. I could be wrong but at least that’s what I think of them.

But having said that, what they are telling you here is true in theory, but most member here are not lawyers. They are only people that have gone through similar proceedings, and that know the theory of the law. But having a lawyer that has experience dealing with these problems is a total different thing than dealing with the USCIS directly.

Edited by deus360

Good answer, there is always a solution for everything and I do think there is a solution for your case but it’s going to need a lawyer.

About the member in this forum, I been reading visa journey forums for a long time and some members here get nasty when you don’t fallow procedure. I think some members probably work at the USCIS; I am pretty sure about this. Because of this I think they have a tendency to vote in favor of whatever USCIS does. I could be wrong but at least that’s what I think of them.

But having said that, what they are telling you here is true in theory, but most member here are not lawyers. They are only people that have gone through similar proceedings, and that know the theory of the law. But having a lawyer that has experience dealing with these problems is a total different thing than dealing with the USCIS directly.

I wouldn't be surprised is there are any workers from the USCIS here.

You like other people here are right. I do need a lawyer, no doubt.

Then again, there is too many hater. I thought this was a forum where you can ask for help and advice. I guess you also get the bad part too.

Thank you for your advice.

I think you took it the wrong way. I think that optimism is good, as long as you did your homework, which you didn't. You are taking this issue way too lightly.

Let me see, if you read negative stuff how would you take it?

The wrong way?

No, i took like people are saying it. Am i taking this too light? Maybe, but i wont panic until a lawyer tells me to panic.

Am I scare, of course, I wont be able too see my kids.

I have to find a solution, and I won't leave my kids with no father. This is why this is so important to me, because i can go back to my home country and live my life, but what about my kids?

Do you see what i mean?

I think you took it the wrong way. I think that optimism is good, as long as you did your homework, which you didn't. You are taking this issue way too lightly.

He is most definitely doing that, but the basic problem here is not him from my point of view, its USCIS and the way it deals with people lives. For almost every transaction with USCIS you can get a denial and possibly deportation. They basically bully you and your family though the whole procedure. Some of these penalties are not proportional to the infraction made. In what other country do you see this? The USCIS has to be seriously reformed. In my home country it’s not like that. When I initially come here I didn’t know I had to do this.

lol.. USA is definitely more lenient to the illegals.

For my home Country, under the Singapore Immigration Act, the penalty for illegal entry is a jail term of up to six months, plus a minimum of three strokes of the cane.

The penalties for overstaying (exceeding 90 days) are – a jail term not exceeding six months, and caning not less than three strokes. In cases where caning cannot be administered, the offender will be fined up to $6,000.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

He is most definitely doing that, but the basic problem here is not him from my point of view, its USCIS and the way it deals with people lives. For almost every transaction with USCIS you can get a denial and possibly deportation. They basically bully you and your family though the whole procedure. Some of these penalties are not proportional to the infraction made. In what other country do you see this? The USCIS has to be seriously reformed. In my home country it’s not like that. When I initially come here I didn’t know I had to do this.

It is the immigrant's duty to keep himself/herself informed of their own immigrant status, unless they have become US citizens.

Don't cry foul when you don't follow the rules and then expect laws to bend over backward for you.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

lol.. USA is definitely more lenient to the illegals.
For my home Country, under the Singapore Immigration Act, the penalty for illegal entry is a jail term of up to six months, plus a minimum of three strokes of the cane.
The penalties for overstaying (exceeding 90 days) are – a jail term not exceeding six months, and caning not less than three strokes. In cases where caning cannot be administered, the offender will be fined up to $6,000.

lol your country its not a good example ja. I had a friend from your country and he told me that in Singapore you can go to jail for sticking gum under desk, is this true for Singapore?

Edited by deus360

There are good answers and then there are realistic answers.

Did you call the Immigration Courts hotline I posted earlier, to see if you have any removal orders issued against your alien number? It would literally take five minutes of your time.

With regards to "there is always a solution", no there isn't and it's facile to think that there is.

If you really need a lawyer to tell you when it's time to panic then that's completely your prerogative.

Please post back and tell us what the lawyer says.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Alex76 - I too will be interested to hear what the lawyer says. If you care to update us. Sorry if you think we are being too negative or trying to play experts, but it's just being realistic.

But it's your right to think whatever you want and if you want to deny certain facts (i.e. that you are currently illegal and have been for 5 years, that you are immediately deportable etc.) it's your right again. We don't have a reason to hate you - heck, we don't even know you. We are just stating facts here based on the info you have provided. Best of luck sorting this out.

My CR1 timeline (DCF London):
June 26, 2010 - civil wedding
Aug 2, 2010 - I-130 package mailed to the London Consulate (DCF)
Aug 9, 2010 - NOA1 (confirmation of receipt) via email
Sep 4, 2010 - religious wedding
Oct 21, 2010 - NOA2
Nov 25, 2010 - Case number received in the mail
Nov 29, 2010 - Medical
Dec 1, 2010 - DS-230I & DS-2001 forms mailed back
Feb 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!
Feb 7, 2011 - Passport with Visa received via courier
June 7, 2011 - POE Los Angeles (LAX)
June 18, 2011 - 2-Year Green card received in the mail!!!

My ROC journey:
April 2, 2013 - I-751 package mailed to California Service Center

April 3, 2013 - NOA1 date
April 8, 2013 - check cleared
May 6, 2013 - Biometrics completed

July 25, 2013 - 10 year green card APPROVED!! (notification via text and email, and website updated)

July 29, 2013 - ROC approval letter received in the mail

July 31, 2013 - 10 year green card received in the mail!!!

My N-400 journey:

March 19, 2014 - N-400 package mailed to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

March 24, 2014 - NOA1 date and Priority Date

March 27, 2014 - Check cleared

April 21, 2014 - Biometrics done

May 7, 2014 - In line for interview

June 23, 2014 - Scheduled for interview

July 28, 2014 - Interview - PASSED!!

July 30, 2014 - In line for oath

July 31, 2014 - Scheduled for oath

Aug 2, 2014 - Oath letter received

Aug 27, 2014 - Oath ceremony, I am a US citizen!!!

Sep 11, 2014 - US passport received

lol your country its not a good example ja. I had a friend from your country and he told me that in Singapore you can go to jail for sticking gum under desk, is this true for Singapore?

Holy #######! I don't want to immigrate to Singapore then (gum-jail issue) LOL! :D

Anyway, I am not a hater, and I didn't mean to be rude but I do have to say it is hard for me to believe that you, OP, "forgot" to do the ROC process just two years following of getting your green card. It's just something that I find hard to believe....anyway, whatever you do, good luck! I don't have an opinion of how you screwed up, or how you didn't, and how you'll fail, or how you won't. I don't know that. ANd I hope things will work out for you whatever you decide to do....

There are good answers and then there are realistic answers.

Did you call the Immigration Courts hotline I posted earlier, to see if you have any removal orders issued against your alien number? It would literally take five minutes of your time.

With regards to "there is always a solution", no there isn't and it's facile to think that there is.

If you really need a lawyer to tell you when it's time to panic then that's completely your prerogative.

Please post back and tell us what the lawyer says.

I did call and it said "No Match" whatever that means

I also did the E-verification, and I'm eligible to work.

"No match" is a good sign. It indicates that you have not had a removal order issued against you in absentia.

You are still out of status, immediately deportable, and not authorised to either live or work in the US at present, though.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.