Da & Ra

Can i make a trip to visit fiance now after REF

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi All,

I got my REF and I have til July 18,2013 to answer back and they are requiring me to have a prove that we met before 2 years of filling which we didn't , My question is, if I make a trip now and get pics and proves and turn to them, will they accept it as evidence? right now I have hundreds of calls, thousands of texts,money transfer receipt, proof of mailed item thru post office, greeting cards, and emails.. Do you guys know if I have any hope not to be denied?

Thank youhelpsmilie.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you did not meet the filing criteria and you did not, they will deny and keep youir nmoney, you have to really visit, re file and pay again. Suggestion if you are going to do that why not visit and get married. Then file as a married couple. Be sure to read the guides for for applicaitons on VJ and USCIS, have her get involved and make a joint decison, in this game two brains are better than one. Both of you read the applications, guides and assemble / review what is needed.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

No. One of the requirements of submitting an i-129f, is that you have met at least once within the last two years prior to filing.

Timeline

Hi All,

I got my REF and I have til July 18,2013 to answer back and they are requiring me to have a prove that we met before 2 years of filling which we didn't , My question is, if I make a trip now and get pics and proves and turn to them, will they accept it as evidence? right now I have hundreds of calls, thousands of texts,money transfer receipt, proof of mailed item thru post office, greeting cards, and emails.. Do you guys know if I have any hope not to be denied?

Thank youhelpsmilie.gif

Sorry, but I think that you answered your own question, "I got my REF [RFE] and I have til July 18,2013 to answer back and they are requiring me to have a prove that we met before 2 years of filling which we didn't ," USCIS is asking you for evidence that you meet one of the initial requirements of the K-1 petition, refer to Form I-129F, page 2, part B, question 18:

Has your fiancé(e) met and seen you within the two-year period immediately preceding the filing of this petition?

You can either wait until they deny your petition, or withdraw your current petition, comply with all of the requirements and re-file a new petition.

Good luck on your decision.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If the meeting wasn't before the filing and within the 2 year period you will be denied. In the years I have seen denials for 2year and a few day, meeting after filing ( but before the RFE) and after the RFE. It is one of the requirements that they hold strictly to the wording you must have proof of one time in that 2 year period. More times is fine.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Hi All,

Thank youhelpsmilie.gif

Hello Da&Ra , when did last see your fiancée and when did you file ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, you said in your post:

I got my REF and I have til July 18,2013 to answer back and they are requiring me to have a prove that we met before 2 years of filling which we didn't ,

Did you meet during the 2 years before your date of filing?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi, thanks for all of you who replied,, let me explain my situation,, 2 and half years ago I was on a trip overseas and I met him at the airport and also saw him few times during my trip we became friends talking every once a while , I was in a relation with another man at that time but things didn't work out and we broke up. Me & my fiancée got in a love relation about a year ago, I applied for him in Oct 2012 , I asked my lawyer but he didn't tell me I have to have that requirement to meet him in person and have pics and he told me it will take 90 days , I waited more than 6 month now thinking we might get the approval any time. I found this site and start to learn more and here I am trying to find out what would be the best for us to do..We wanted to see each other everyday and minute but the hold and wait put me in this position.. till this day my lawyer says we can waive that requirement as you can not travel there..so I really don't know where is he taking me with that or what to do.. should I tell him back off!! he charged me over $2000 so far! Should I make a waiver and see if they accept it or should I just withdraw the petition and start all over..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

In your case, your best chance to waive the two year requirement is to attempt to exhaust every option to see each other in person. If you're denied entry to his country, then why can't he visit you? If you can't go to each other's countries, then why not meet at a third country? Also, your lawyer says you can't go to Jordan, but it seems you're making plans to go see him now.

As you can see, it will be hard to convince USCIS to let you waive that two-year requirement. I don't think they would do it for you.

Your best bet is to wait until you get a denial for your current petition, then refile for a K-1, or as bigdog said, get married and file for a CR1/IR1 after you see him again. As an October filer, I don't think you should withdraw your petition. Just wait for the denial, and maybe drop your lawyer.

Other than that, I think you have plenty of evidence for your relationship. Wish you lots of luck!

Edited by PandaMaker

Hi, thanks for all of you who replied,, let me explain my situation,, 2 and half years ago I was on a trip overseas and I met him at the airport and also saw him few times during my trip we became friends talking every once a while , I was in a relation with another man at that time but things didn't work out and we broke up. Me & my fiancée got in a love relation about a year ago, I applied for him in Oct 2012 , I asked my lawyer but he didn't tell me I have to have that requirement to meet him in person and have pics and he told me it will take 90 days , I waited more than 6 month now thinking we might get the approval any time. I found this site and start to learn more and here I am trying to find out what would be the best for us to do..We wanted to see each other everyday and minute but the hold and wait put me in this position.. till this day my lawyer says we can waive that requirement as you can not travel there..so I really don't know where is he taking me with that or what to do.. should I tell him back off!! he charged me over $2000 so far! Should I make a waiver and see if they accept it or should I just withdraw the petition and start all over..

The money you spent on the lawyer could have been used to purchase a ticket to see your fiancé before filing the petition. Getting a waiver for the two-year meeting requirement isn't a regular occurrence. You'd be best served by following the advice offered upthread -- formally withdraw your petition (you don't have to wait for a denial), visit your fiancé and gather plenty of proof, and refile the I-129F, or visit and opt to get married and file the I-130.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

Waiver are granted when both parties are unable to meet ANYWHERE in the world. So if you can't go there because you are on their most wanted list and he can't come here , then you would also have to no be able to meet in Canada , Europe ,South America , Africa or Asia. This means one of you is physically unable to travel or there are strict cultural reasons that don't allow it. There was a resent post from a USC that is medically disabled from travel that must prove that his fiance can't travel to him to get a waiver. Yes there are forms for waviers, but the granting of the waiver is rare and you will waste more time/money in another denial .

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

No. And you do not have wait to be denied. Please re-read what I stated to you in another thread you posted about this in earlier this week. The answer remains the same no matter how many times you ask it > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/427693-rfe-help/?p=6198213

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

No. And you do not have wait to be denied. Please re-read what I stated to you in another thread you posted about this in earlier this week. The answer remains the same no matter how many times you ask it > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/427693-rfe-help/?p=6198213

Agree. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Withdraw your petition and go there and marry.

Ditch the bullshit lawyer that is charging you for nothing.

Follow all the guides here on the site and re-file. This time the I-130 (married visa).

Ask any questions you may have.

It will save you a bunch more money and it may in turn be faster. If you are married and file the I-130 you don't have to pay the AOS fees after he gets here (I don't believe).

01/15/12 - Sent Aya a message on a dating site
03/10/12 - We became "exclusive"
03/15/12 - We told each other "I love you"
08/17/12 - 2 week trip to the Philippines to be with her
08/27/12 - I asked her to marry me (in Cebuano), she cried and said yes
09/02/12 - I came back to the USA

Started on the paperwork

09/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
09/25/12 - Saw on USPS that the package was delivered in Texas
09/28/12 - NOA1
10/08/12 - Received hard copy NOA1
12/19/12 - CFO Counseling Session (to get it out of the way)
04/27/13 - NOA2
05/06/13 - NVC Received and MNL # assigned
05/21/13 - Medical Exam Day
06/04/13 - Interview Day
xx/xx/xx - Visa Arrived
xx/xx/xx - Off to Chicago

Nope. Withdraw and after you make the trip, file again.

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.