Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2013

1,529 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I do not have a definitive answer, but hopefully replying can keep your question "bumped"

I seem to remember people saying you go to Canada using your Canada passport, but return to the US using your greencard. Hopefully we can get confirmation on that.

That's what they suggest.

But I want to know if I can go to canada on the US green card, or no.

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Don't wait, just download and double check on list of docs.... best of luck!

Hw long til you get your IIN number? I called and asked for it but operator said have to wait for the bill to be generated. How long will that take? My feet are tingling, I really want to get everything done today! :D

Timeline

Hw long til you get your IIN number? I called and asked for it but operator said have to wait for the bill to be generated. How long will that take? My feet are tingling, I really want to get everything done today! biggrin.png

I cant remember if it took around a week or so for me to receive mine.

Seems about right.

oldlady.gif

I'm going to ask probably a really stupid question but whatever.

Can my husband enter Canada with his US green card (by land) or only with his Canadian passport?

It expires next year so I'm just trying to figure out my plan for the future.

I believe you can enter Canada with just a US green card, but I'm not 100% sure. If you want to find out, I'd suggest calling the CBSA and asking them, particularly the land border through which your husband would be traveling through. Even if you can just travel on a green card, I would highly suggest having the Canadian passport on hand as well though, in case they want to see it. I would never travel to Canada on just my green card; I'd always bring my passport with me as well.

happy to report I just spoke to NVC, and they said they found out packet, it arrived yesterday June 10! She then gave me the case number.

Question: Do i need to wait for the packet they sent or i can just download everything online and send it back to them?

You could have downloaded the forms as soon as you sent the I-130 petition. No one will stop you for downloading forms. But, you can't send them to NVC until you've paid the respective fees. So, since you haven't already, download them and fill them out asap. Then wait.

Hw long til you get your IIN number? I called and asked for it but operator said have to wait for the bill to be generated. How long will that take? My feet are tingling, I really want to get everything done today! biggrin.png

Call up and try again. Typically, the IIN is scheduled at the same time as the case number. Some operators are just picky about giving it out.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I believe you can enter Canada with just a US green card, but I'm not 100% sure. If you want to find out, I'd suggest calling the CBSA and asking them, particularly the land border through which your husband would be traveling through. Even if you can just travel on a green card, I would highly suggest having the Canadian passport on hand as well though, in case they want to see it. I would never travel to Canada on just my green card; I'd always bring my passport with me as well.

You could have downloaded the forms as soon as you sent the I-130 petition. No one will stop you for downloading forms. But, you can't send them to NVC until you've paid the respective fees. So, since you haven't already, download them and fill them out asap. Then wait.

Call up and try again. Typically, the IIN is scheduled at the same time as the case number. Some operators are just picky about giving it out.

thanks! I downloaded and got everything filled out before I left the US last month. Now just waiting to pay the fees so we can mail them all out. Really hoping we can sail through this one, our case got delayed :s Hoping there won't be anymore hiccups after this!

Is it ok if I email the DS-3032 now, or I should wait til we pay the fee?

thanks! I downloaded and got everything filled out before I left the US last month. Now just waiting to pay the fees so we can mail them all out. Really hoping we can sail through this one, our case got delayed :s Hoping there won't be anymore hiccups after this!

Is it ok if I email the DS-3032 now, or I should wait til we pay the fee?

Glad you've already started to prepare the packages good.gif

Again, I repeat, the DS-3032 is part of the IV track and it has absolutely nothing to do with the AOS track. So it doesn't matter when you send the DS-3032, either before or after the AOS is paid. It makes absolutely no difference.

Timeline

Seems like passport is needed based on searching a bit online, but I was hoping for LAND travel, maybe not, but whatever, we'll be crossing back into canada in July and I can ask them then.

Thanks, anyways.

PS: Oops, I meant to post in June NVC thread.

oldlady.gif

Seems like passport is needed based on searching a bit online, but I was hoping for LAND travel, maybe not, but whatever, we'll be crossing back into canada in July and I can ask them then.

Thanks, anyways.

PS: Oops, I meant to post in June NVC thread.

Asking in person is a good idea good.gif

And don't worry about it laughing.gif

Filed: Timeline

Madam to the rescue. Again.

So I don't have that exact subject line but we received two emails with same contents.

To Empresss, copied me - LGSXXX - ACL For NEOPOST DS-1200

To me, copied Empress = LGSXXX - PAOSF I-130 For Neopost DS-1200

Both had the same PDF attachment which included a DS3239 with her name filed in already.

Is this the same despite not having "AIVF"?

Thanks.

Wifey received this:

"We received the principal applicant's DS-3032 (Choice of Address and Agent) form designating an address and agent. Instructions for paying the immigrant visa application processing fee and all future correspondence will be sent to the agent at the address selected on the DS-3032.

For more information regarding the immigrant visa application fee or for answers to frequently asked questions, please visit the following website:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3904.html

We received the Affidavit of Support Processing Fee payment(s) for this case. You must now download and complete the Affidavit of Support form(s). Please visit the following website to download the appropriate Affidavit of Support form(s) and instructions:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3197.html"

They delivered the AOS on the 5th.

So I think I will get the bill for IV sometimes soon.

How/when will I know that the AOS is completed?

Edited by Gowon

Wifey received this:

"We received the principal applicant's DS-3032 (Choice of Address and Agent) form designating an address and agent. Instructions for paying the immigrant visa application processing fee and all future correspondence will be sent to the agent at the address selected on the DS-3032.

For more information regarding the immigrant visa application fee or for answers to frequently asked questions, please visit the following website:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3904.html

We received the Affidavit of Support Processing Fee payment(s) for this case. You must now download and complete the Affidavit of Support form(s). Please visit the following website to download the appropriate Affidavit of Support form(s) and instructions:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3197.html"

They delivered the AOS on the 5th.

So I think I will get the bill for IV sometimes soon.

How/when will I know that the AOS is completed?

By calling up and asking. And the time frame depends if you sent the old AOS form or the new one.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just paid my AOS fee online. I have also filled out the I-864EZ (I am sponsoring my spouse, alone, and nobody else is on the I-130)

I have a few questions:

1. Probably obvious, but the household size is "2" correct? Reason I ask is because "spouse" is blank sinc the default number is 2. I live alone, my spouse will join me.

2. I have IRS Tax Transcripts for the previous 3 years (2012, 2011, 2010). The instructions say to include W2's. Do I still need to include W2's for the past 3 years as well?

3. Do I need to include the AOS payment reciept and/or cover sheet with the I-864EZ?

Edited by L37

Just paid my AOS fee online. I have also filled out the I-864EZ (I am sponsoring my spouse, alone, and nobody else is on the I-130)

I have a few questions:

1. Probably obvious, but the household size is "2" correct? Reason I ask is because "spouse" is blank sinc the default number is 2. I live alone, my spouse will join me.

2. I have IRS Tax Transcripts for the previous 3 years (2012, 2011, 2010). The instructions say to include W2's. Do I still need to include W2's for the past 3 years as well?

3. Do I need to include the AOS payment reciept and/or cover sheet with the I-864EZ?

1. Yes, if it's just you and your spouse, the household size is 2. The beneficiary is already counted, so "spouse" would be 0, since the instructions say not to count anyone twice.

2. Not sure where you're reading that, but you only submit W2s if you're submitting tax returns. With transcripts, no, they're not needed. The SOLE exception to this is if you filed jointly in the past and need to show just your own income on the transcripts, then yes, the W2s would be needed.

3. No, you just need the bar-coded cover sheet as the first sheet in the AOS package. The receipt is not needed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I called today to find out that my I-864 (sent May 15th, new version) had been processed but they are sending me back a checklist and that I need to re-do the I-864 because...

1: I "put the wrong information" into Part 3 Item 7 (total number of immigrants this petition is for). I must have left it blank on accident, because I know the answer wouldn't be anything other than ONE!!!

2: I "put the wrong amount" into Part 6 Item 13 a.1 (total income from previous year). This is BULL, because I got them right off of the tax returns themselves which I also sent in! UGH.

Does getting a checklist basically mean "start over" as in re-do the WHOLE I-864 PETITION, or will they only request certain exact things to send back? I should hear from them by email in 1-4 days but I'd like to know... Also, completing the checklist and sending the stuff back, is it processed quickly or will it take another 20 business days??? Also, do they send me back a copy of what I sent in so I can see exactly what I did wrong???

Edited by klester

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.