tilltill

Visa Waiver and me being an idiot :/

88 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Harsh_77 thank you! That is encouraging! As far as proving that we dont plan to move in a later trip.... although my daughter is 8 months old.. I could possibly include the application for her school here??? We have a long waiting list for the primary schoool, we get names down EARLY! Maybe that would be good proof?? xx

I would say the acceptance in the school would be stronger tie over just the application, as application can be abandoned anytime.

If you look from CO’s perspective if you and your family are trying to immigrate and getting admission was so difficult in UK then definitely you would wanna go for school in US, which are not as bad in terms of getting an admission.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

UPDATE!!!!!

I had my interview yesterday morning. I took sooooo much stuff with me. A huge folder full. He didnt ask for ANY of it! All he was interested in was past visits, dates of them, how long, where I stayed and who I was with. He wasnt even that interested in the overstay, didnt even ask my husbands name, or anything else I was expecting. He did say if I had stayed one more week I would of been banned. He approved a 10 year visa. There was no hassle and it was very quick. This time I have promised my husband I have DEFO learned my lesson with forums. So, 12 days till me and the babs are flying out! Yey!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

UPDATE!!!!!

I had my interview yesterday morning. I took sooooo much stuff with me. A huge folder full. He didnt ask for ANY of it! All he was interested in was past visits, dates of them, how long, where I stayed and who I was with. He wasnt even that interested in the overstay, didnt even ask my husbands name, or anything else I was expecting. He did say if I had stayed one more week I would of been banned. He approved a 10 year visa. There was no hassle and it was very quick. This time I have promised my husband I have DEFO learned my lesson with forums. So, 12 days till me and the babs are flying out! Yey!!!

Good to know it worked out for u.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Excellent news! I was one of the ones telling you to give it a shot. Better to try and fail then wonder!

On the forum front... you may not have been permitted entry on the VWP but because you came here we convinced you to organise a B2 visa. We told you what sort of stuff to take.

Simply taking that information and the IO seeing that info probably indicated to them that you weren't a threat. I don't know what you sent with your application or handed over or however it works in the UK but it sounds like you had all your bases covered and were prepared. I like to think this forum assisted in that.

You definitely did the right thing by getting the B2. Now the overstay "issue" has been resolved.

Enjoy your trip smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well we made it to the States. Just wanted to let anyone else know, if they ever find themselves in my position..... Immigration upon arrival is 50 times worse than what you will experiance at the embassy getting the visa. It was TOUGH!!!! After a long ### journey its the last thing you need. You will be asked a hell of a lot more than at London. And even though they didnt ask me for anything at the embassy after getting all kinds of stuff together, I DO recommend taking it with you. I didnt... duh. I was lucky. And I think the ONLY reason he let me in was because my husband wasnt with me. I think it would of been a different story if he was. The room was small, hot, dirty and sweaty and the wait was looooong. So, off to the sun and good luck to anyone else who has to go through all this ####### themselves!!! xxx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Well we made it to the States. Just wanted to let anyone else know, if they ever find themselves in my position..... Immigration upon arrival is 50 times worse than what you will experiance at the embassy getting the visa. It was TOUGH!!!! After a long #### journey its the last thing you need. You will be asked a hell of a lot more than at London. And even though they didnt ask me for anything at the embassy after getting all kinds of stuff together, I DO recommend taking it with you. I didnt... duh. I was lucky. And I think the ONLY reason he let me in was because my husband wasnt with me. I think it would of been a different story if he was. The room was small, hot, dirty and sweaty and the wait was looooong. So, off to the sun and good luck to anyone else who has to go through all this ####### themselves!!! xxx

Congrats on making it through! Do you mind telling us what sort of questions were asked? Just in case someone else has a similar situation :)

Just remember to check the date your I-94 expires and leave on time :P

What kinda questions were you asked at immigration? I have a trip to the US too next week and I'm super scared to be refused entry because then I'd really lose my plane fare.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

What kinda questions were you asked at immigration? I have a trip to the US too next week and I'm super scared to be refused entry because then I'd really lose my plane fare.

Well she was probably questioned like that because she overstayed her VWP the last time she was in the U.S., and then she came back to the U.S. with her U.S. citizen baby... (Which there is nothing wrong with, but who knows what immigration was thinking) I don't think you are in the same situation are you? :P

VJAvatar.jpg

Sorry I cant help you with the questions!! As they were very specific to me. Mainly about my husband. Where was he? Why didnt he come? Oh in work? Well...Where? How much does he earn? etc etc...There was some dodgy looking people in there. They just got called, passports back and away they went. Heres me thinking id walk it! British citizen, alone with a 9month old baby duuuhhhh. I got it worse than anyone in there!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.