iluvnoodles

Aos packet sent to Calif. office 1 year no anwser

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Greetings fellow Vj members

I sent my Aos packet in June of 2012 received a Noa reading it was sent to the calif. office. It's been over a year and my wifes EAD and drivers license is soon to expire this July. Is it normal for such a long wait? Should I renew my wifes Ead or try to see if she is granted residence before it expires.

I filled out the forms myself so im guessing it could of slowed down the process.

Her friends green card were all issued and they came to the states after her.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

That's awful but filling the forms yourself had nothing to do with it! I was about to faced the same but I did a service request and 2 weeks later I was approve and without interview :). My husband and I filed for my AOS on july 19, 2012 but my case was fowarded to NBC soon after. 9 month later (last saturday april,20) i received my gc approved and the best thing: no interview needed it. So try to make a service request through USCIS website or calling the toll free line. It worked for me.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

It is not yet June so it has not yet been a year. It's not even May yet.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It cannot be over a year yet since you said you mailed it last June. However, it has been almost 11 months, so go ahead and call and put in a service request for your case. Yes, you can apply to renew the EAD. Just be sure to send in a copy of your NOA receipt notice from filing the I-485 along with your I-765 form and other supporting documentation.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from main AOS/Family-Based forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

What do you mean by making service request? To get the INFO pass and go for a conversation?

I did that and no one helped me, I just got a paper with emails and phone number which I called and they don't know anything about my case.

I really don't know what else to do. I see you did your Biometrics after me. I did them at the end of June, 2012. Do you have some more advice, what to do? Thx!

That's awful but filling the forms yourself had nothing to do with it! I was about to faced the same but I did a service request and 2 weeks later I was approve and without interview smile.gif. My husband and I filed for my AOS on july 19, 2012 but my case was fowarded to NBC soon after. 9 month later (last saturday april,20) i received my gc approved and the best thing: no interview needed it. So try to make a service request through USCIS website or calling the toll free line. It worked for me.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

call into USCIS, get an ISO, and start a service request.

http://www.dhs.gov/files/publications/gc_1305658440339.shtm

Read the above first.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.