65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The idea that they are spitting out RFE's just to bolster their numbers probably doesn't hold water. It takes more time to spit out an RFE than it does an approval, and the same adjudicator then holds on to the file until the RFE evidence comes back, so they don't even get rid of it. And they can't spit out an RFE without looking at the file in the first place.

Looking at an old thread written by someone who used to be an adjudicator, they don't like doing RFE's. They only do them because the cases are randomly reviewed for quality, and if a file gets approved that should have had an RFE, the adjudicator gets dinged on their performance stats (which are linked to pay raises). So they truly have no motivation to spit out useless RFE's.

Sorry that there's been a delay in processing, but at least you know the interminable wait is over and now you're finally on the road!

I think of it the same as a police officer, he doesn't like to give out tickets, it causes them more paperwork and no one likes doing paperwork, but they do have to meet a monthly quota so they have to. Probably the same at the service centers.

ucxi92z6o.png

This is still a good news, may not be the best news were hoping for. Not sure though but i have seen, that CSC act prompt most of the time on RFEs than VSC, some just took days and got their NOA2s after CSC received their response. Glad to see a change on your case status. Good luck!

Edited by reginaglenn

"All my life, without a doubt i give you, all my life, now and forever till the day i die, you and i will share" By: America
                                                               == I am the beneficiary==
AOS - K1 & K2
03-04-2014 ( Day 01) - Mailed
03-06-2014 ( Day 02) - Received
03-17-2014 ( Day 13) - Text and E-mail Notification at 12:50 am
03-21-2014 ( Day 17) - Received I-797C NOA (AOS, AP & EAD) hard copies - 6 mails
03-24-2014 ( Day 20) - Received I-797C NOA (ASC Appointment Notice/ Biometrics schedule) - 2 mails
04-09-2014 ( Day 36) - Biometrics Schedule @ 10&11am
05-30-2014 ( Day 87) - Received EAD combo card (K2 only)
06-09-2014 ( Day 97) - I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Card / Document Production (no interview)
06-12-2014 ( Day 100)- I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Mailed the new card
06-14-2014 ( Day 102)- GC ( both K1 & k2) - Received

Done.

ROC - K1 & K2

03-17-2016 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-22-2016 ( Day 05) - NOA1

04-19-2016 ( Day 27) - Biometrics Appt. ( only K1 admitted, no K2 Bio Appt. letter received)

03-13-2017 ( Day 328) - Received Biometrics Appt. letter for K2 ( yes, almost a year of waiting!) Scheduled for March 22, 2017

03-22-2017 ( Day 337) - Biometrics Appt. (K2)

04-19-2017 ( Day 364)- USCIS status changed from "Case Was Received" to "Name Updated" (Only the K1 case)

04-26-2017 ( Day 371)-  USCIS status changed from " Name Updated" to "New Card Is Being Produced" ( both K1 and K2 app)

05-01-2017 ( Day 376)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K2 case)

05-02-2017 ( Day 377)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K1 case)

05-04-2017 ( Day 379)-  Received GC in the mail ( K2)

05-05-2017 ( Day 380)-  Received GC in the mail ( K1)

Done.

Naturalization

03-10-2017 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-21-2017 ( Day 11) - Received Text and Email Notification

03-25-2017 ( Day 15) - Received NOA hardcopy

03-27-2017 ( Day 17) - USCIS website status changed " Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled"

04-12-2017 ( Day 33) - Biometrics/ Fingerprints & stamped passports for another 1 yr extension.

05-15-2017 ( Day 66) - "In Line for Interview" updated website status

05-17-2017 ( Day 68) - " Interview Was Scheduled" updated website status

05-25-2017 ( Day 76) - Received  the interview letter

06-26-2017 ( Day 108) - Interview Schedule

08-03-2017 ( Day 147)- Received notification online "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wish you good luck on your RFE, at least they have opened your file is the best way to look at it. I thoroughly expect an RFE also do to the significant age discrepency in my particular case, but am keeping my fingers crossed.

In the meantime I have written another Senator challenging them to call the USCIS Oumsbudsman office and to post my petition link on there webpage (lol)

http://wh.gov/e1uJ

Timeline

I wish you good luck on your RFE, at least they have opened your file is the best way to look at it. I thoroughly expect an RFE also do to the significant age discrepency in my particular case, but am keeping my fingers crossed.

In the meantime I have written another Senator challenging them to call the USCIS Oumsbudsman office and to post my petition link on there webpage (lol)

http://wh.gov/e1uJ

If you do get an RFE for age difference, please let me know. I am a January filer in the same boat. I can't imagine what they could expect you to do to resolve an RFE for age difference???

And, I'm recently divorced. I sent in all 3 pages of the divorce decree, but not the entire divorce settlement agreement (that's a huge document). So, I guess I may be vulnerable to 2 RFE's when my time comes... I sure hope not!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Man there seems to be a lot of RFE's about just now :(

When we found out that we had a RFE, we took it a good sign because that means our case has been touched. I really hope your RFE is just minor and hopefully you will get

NOA2 approval in a few days after you send the RFE response. Good luck! :)

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more,
that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.
And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever."
- Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When we found out that we had a RFE, we took it a good sign because that means our case has been touched. I really hope your RFE is just minor and hopefully you will get

NOA2 approval in a few days after you send the RFE response. Good luck! :)

I was a little upset at getting an RFE after over 8 months but I guess we must have done something wrong. But atleast it means our file is there, being worked on and not lost in the black hole anymore :) As soon as we get the letter, we will get it sorted and sent back as soon as we can. Hopefully by the end of May we will have our NOA2 and that will be time to celebrate :)

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

I think of it the same as a police officer, he doesn't like to give out tickets, it causes them more paperwork and no one likes doing paperwork, but they do have to meet a monthly quota so they have to. Probably the same at the service centers.

There is NO Quota for RFEs. RFE means something is missing in the paperwork. If everyone did perfect paperwork USCIS would never send an RFE and it would be more efficient instead of tracking down missing paperwork.

They can't approve petitions with missing paperwork. Period. By law.

Also, there is no RFE for "age difference." An RFE is for missing paperwork.

Good luck Oregon, approval is just around the corner. :thumbs:

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Well my fiance just called me and told me to look on the website. He got a text. We have got a RFE. No idea what we didn't include but atleast they are looking at ours now :)

This is actually good news in a weird sort of way. It means your petition has signs of life. As far as turning the RFE around, our timeline was like this:

1. RFE notice on the USCIS site - Tuesday, Oct 9

2. Received hard copy - Friday, Oct 12

3. Mailed reply with requested evidence - Monday, Oct 15

4. NOA2 notification on USCIS site - Friday, Oct 19

Since we had a weekend to assemble the response, it worked out pretty well. Only 8 business days from RFE to NOA2.

PS: Don't forget to include the BLUE cover page with your response.

Good Luck!!

Michelle & Jeff

Can those who've received an RFE give me an example of the sort of evidence they requested? I cannot for the life of me think of a single thing we might have missed.

Hi, i am sorry to hear you got RFE, i know how scary this sounds, but it could be something small. Or also if you or your spouse have any criminal history, for example?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

RFE too. Sigh . S confused and happy

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

RFE too. Sigh . S confused and happy

I am sure you will work it out fast and have your approval soon :)

From what others have said, it may be my fiance's divorce papers that are the issue. I am hoping so. That would mean a bunch of photocopying is all that's required. I already warned him to make sure he has ink for his printer :rofl:

It's been a long journey and it's not over yet by a loooooooong way! but thanks to everyone of you out there that have been there for me with help, advice and moral support. I don't know how I would have managed this wait without you all :)

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I got an RFE also today! Hoping that those of you who got your before me will helps shed light on what type of information they ask for and how long this process will take. I'm happy my petition is finally touched, but disappointed that I didn't get an NOA2.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.