65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Yep, I'm part of the July CSC RFE club too.

I want to be happy my case was looked at, but I'm just pissed and devastated because we still don't seem to be any closer and it has been 8 1/2 months...just to get an RFE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finding myself, as a 26 year old man, crying because I know this RFE is just a way to fool me and stall the process. There's no reason why they'd send out so many RFEs to July filers and not to December filers if they didn't just want to mark our files as looked at on a computer so that they can claim that they've been processing many petitions.

Actually looking at the cases near mine (Dec) from the USCIS site there's 17 Fiancee cases, 5 approvals, 5 initial review and 7 RFE's. Hardly a big enough sample but I think what you're seeing may be that not everyone files knowing about VisaJourneys, and the more time goes on the more people find it. Those that knew about the site before they filed were more likely to have included all the correct information. This results December filers on Visa Journeys being the people who more likely had advice from VisaJourneys, whereas people from longer ago that filed in July are more a mixture of people who were already on VisaJourneys but also people that found it in the more recent months. This would explain the discrepancy between the low number of RFE's for December filers on VisaJourneys and the high number on the USCIS site for December filers.

So what you're seeing is likely not a difference between the number of people getting RFE's, it's a difference in the number of people that have found VisaJourneys so far - and there will probably be more December filers find the site in the next few months. For sure since i registered there have been hundreds of new users from previous months (July-Nov) register with VisaJourney 'cos my number in the list keeps going up, not down, until this past week or so.

Anyhow that's just my theory about the discrepancy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Very unusual, no approvals today but I see a ton of RFE's. Perhaps CSC is working on getting their RFE numbers higher. :angry:

This is simply not true. We already have at least 13 reported approvals today and probably several others will join the list in the next few hours

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

The idea that they are spitting out RFE's just to bolster their numbers probably doesn't hold water. It takes more time to spit out an RFE than it does an approval, and the same adjudicator then holds on to the file until the RFE evidence comes back, so they don't even get rid of it. And they can't spit out an RFE without looking at the file in the first place.

Looking at an old thread written by someone who used to be an adjudicator, they don't like doing RFE's. They only do them because the cases are randomly reviewed for quality, and if a file gets approved that should have had an RFE, the adjudicator gets dinged on their performance stats (which are linked to pay raises). So they truly have no motivation to spit out useless RFE's.

Sorry that there's been a delay in processing, but at least you know the interminable wait is over and now you're finally on the road!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ah well, we will wait to see what we need to do next.

Good luck everyone else who got RFE's and congrats to all who got approved :)

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Timeline

Ah well, we will wait to see what we need to do next.

Good luck everyone else who got RFE's and congrats to all who got approved :)

Didnt I tell you yesterday that your case was going to be dealt with today? That's what you call a good calculated prediction! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

event.png

Timeline

Didnt I tell you yesterday that your case was going to be dealt with today? That's what you call a good calculated prediction! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

lol yes well done but you didn't tell me prepare for an RFE did you?

Slightly annoyed that after waiting this long we still have to wait a bit longer. Can't imagine what we forgot to include or didn't send enough of. Oh well, guess we will know soon.

event.png

06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.07.2012 NOA1 received

Timeline

lol yes well done but you didn't tell me prepare for an RFE did you?

Slightly annoyed that after waiting this long we still have to wait a bit longer. Can't imagine what we forgot to include or didn't send enough of. Oh well, guess we will know soon.

Yes! please let us know what you were missing for the RFE

event.png

Anyone who think RFEs are a game is delusional. RFEs are sent because you made a mistake. It happens. They give you a chance to fix it.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Yes! please let us know what you were missing for the RFE

I will and I updated my timeline already :)

event.png

06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.07.2012 NOA1 received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can those who've received an RFE give me an example of the sort of evidence they requested? I cannot for the life of me think of a single thing we might have missed.

We got an RFE for her birth certificate after we submitted our AOS with her birth certificate.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am sorry you got an RFE but SO HAPPY that your petition has finally been looked at ... long overdue! I hope it's an easy fix!

I wonder if we'll start seeing any RFE's due to the "water damage" at CSC, of documents being unreadable or damaged. If anyone does get RFE for things like that, I hope we'll hear from them here!

This could be possible.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How long did they take to respond to you providing what they requested?

Well they haven't yet. But its AOS and it shouldn't be complete for another 10 months.

This should make you feel better though....... We also got an RFE during our K-1 process. It was a simple unanswered yes/no question. We were approved 2 weeks after they received our completed RFE request.

Timeline

Lets hope it's just a quick fix for all who got RFE's today :)

event.png

06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.07.2012 NOA1 received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.