mamichou

what is going on with CSC

29 posts in this topic

Update: I spoke with a staff member from a congressman I met while speaking in Alabama. She has taken an interest in our case and called CIS to get an update on our case. I am so "pleased" to announce that in 6 months (yesterday was six months) our case has gone exactly NOWHERE! We haven't even been assigned to a caseworker. So much for a summer wedding. I mentioned that some Nov/Dec filers were approved and that surprised her. She is going to find out who I need to contact in Hawaii for help...

We all need to stick together and support each other. This is the most painful process that I have ever been involved with.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You like to work the numbers on the USCIS website. Seen anything similar? Maybe something around August 6th since there were 2 of those yesterday?

Do you see any evidence that they are working a block of applications at the beginning of the line?

I'm not monitoring that many time frames. On mine so far (mid August), the 35 cases on my day I regularly look at, none have been approved or RFE'd.

A couple of timeframes in late November and early December are smoking hot, I'd say close to 40% complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

She is going to find out who I need to contact in Hawaii for help...

Pls let me know, as I am also very interested since my fiance is from Hawaii. :thumbs:

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would assume its called"Padding the numbers". I work for DOD/Department of Defense. We see this all the time. Pad numbers to justify, hireing, over time, staffing, work over time to spend budget money to justifty more money next near. I am sure CSC is no different. My projected NOA2 has droped by 2 months in the last 2 weeks here on VJ. this is all because of so many Dec/NOA1 getting approved ahead of July-Oct 2012 NOA1's. Maybe some day,....CSC will start working backward)))))))

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What a bunch of complaining negative people on here. Just wait, you're time will come. Mamichou's posts are notorious for this. His profile icon alone says it all :no:

i have to second all the WOWs, sheesh.... for someone who got their NOA2 way before many others, that is extremely rude and insensitive of you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

At least CSC is processing K1 at regular rate... Lets not forget the times when there was NO approves for months... :unsure:

event.png

K1 from Armenia
I-129F Sent : 2013-01-16
I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-24
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-05-21

NVC Pkg. Rcv. : 2013-06-03

Interview : 2013-07-16 (APPROVED)

US Entry : 2013-10-05

Got Married : 2013-10-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Keep complaining everyone!! Everyone is just upset that CSC isn't working on THEIR case. Obviously CSC is moving along pretty nicely the last 2 weeks. Why don't you try to stay positive and yours will come in due time??? Instead of having a 'ME' mentality, just be happy that there is movement and your time will come. That is all I was saying. Instead all people want to do is just complain...Why don't you use that energy to get your finances up or other stuff to get prepared for your fiance's arrival? Instead of compulsively scouring this site for any new complainers. R.E.L.A.X. everyone :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Keep complaining everyone!! Everyone is just upset that CSC isn't working on THEIR case. Obviously CSC is moving along pretty nicely the last 2 weeks. Why don't you try to stay positive and yours will come in due time??? Instead of having a 'ME' mentality, just be happy that there is movement and your time will come. That is all I was saying. Instead all people want to do is just complain...Why don't you use that energy to get your finances up or other stuff to get prepared for your fiance's arrival? Instead of compulsively scouring this site for any new complainers. R.E.L.A.X. everyone :wacko:

Says the guy who already got his NOA2 :rofl:

event.png

K1 from Armenia
I-129F Sent : 2013-01-16
I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-24
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-05-21

NVC Pkg. Rcv. : 2013-06-03

Interview : 2013-07-16 (APPROVED)

US Entry : 2013-10-05

Got Married : 2013-10-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

you seriously have no idea what the hell you are talking about. there is exactly one day of evidence on record that the CSC has been working quickly on the files they should be, and that day is today. and even if they do start processing again, the July-August-September-October-November petitions face substantially delays, some up to over 10 months.

not only is this something worth complaining about, but it is something worth complaining very loudly about. in fact, one VJer got an email from his senator that cited all these complaints on this site (which for some unexplained reason annoy you) as a reason for why the CSC finally got their act together and began processing the correct apps today.

you and others like you on this site who feel some bizarre urge to belittle the problems of others are the only ones with a *me* mentality here. you think that because you do not want to read about our problems that we should not discuss them and advocate on our behalf. if we did that, you'd have some weird abstract benefit of not voluntarily clicking on threads you didn't want to read and we'd still be waiting for the CSC to refocus on I-129Fs. no. I think we made the right choice in continuing to "complain" about the horribly mismanagement of the CSC and we bettered all of our lots as a result. that's been the theory from the start and we saw it through. if that annoys you for some inexplicable reason, you should keep to yourself.

Edited by I & B

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you seriously have no idea what the hell you are talking about. there is exactly one day of evidence on record that the CSC has been working quickly on the files they should be, and that day is today. and even if they do start processing again, the July-August-September-October-November petitions face substantially delays, some up to over 10 months.

not only is this something worth complaining about, but it is something worth complaining very loudly about. in fact, one VJer got an email from his senator that cited all these complaints on this site (which for some unexplained reason annoy you) as a reason for why the CSC finally got their act together and began processing the correct apps today.

you and others like you on this site who feel some bizarre urge to belittle the problems of others are the only ones with a *me* mentality here. you think that because you do not want to read about our problems that we should not discuss them and advocate on our behalf. if we did that, you'd have some weird abstract benefit of not voluntarily clicking on threads you didn't want to read and we'd still be waiting for the CSC to refocus on I-129Fs. no. I think we made the right choice in continuing to "complain" about the horribly mismanagement of the CSC and we bettered all of our lots as a result. that's been the theory from the start and we saw it through. if that annoys you for some inexplicable reason, you should keep to yourself.

You are 100% correct.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Very well said. Couldn't put it better myself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.