CharliesAngel13

Coping.. How do we all deal with waiting for our loved ones

120 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Ok so im just curious to kno how everyone here has managed to get by and to cope with the long waiting process of the K-1/K-3 visa? Waiting for our loved ones to be reunified is a hard task... If u wanna share how u and ur fiance/spouse cope, ur experiences with the long wait people may benefit from our stories! And it will bring a little positivity to a negative time.. :) hope to see alot of sharing!!

WE SKYPE EVERYDAY AND WE TEXT AND FB EVERYDAY AND WE GO TO SLEEP WITH SKYPE ON MAKES US FEEL LIKE WE ARE TOGETHER...

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

as1cJOU-M240000MDAwMDA4fDAwMDEzOThsfGJlY2FtZSBhIGNvdXBsZQ.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Cope hehe me cope. See my profile? Yesterday I got my 4th heart 4000 post. LOL I live here on VJ. This is my escape learning and helping.

To think before I came here me and my man thought oh you get visitor visa come here we get married and live happily ever after. We didn't even know there was a spousal visa,an adjustment of status. OMG.

But at least I got to live 6 1/2months with my husband in Nigeria. And yes I will be there for interview by God's grace.

Thanks for the shout out.

One thing I can say. Through the good and bad I have gotten on her (most of us have had our hands and feelings slapped a few times) this is still a community of people who get what we are feeling. I could post on my wall on facebook all my thoughts of this process and except for a few friends who are going through this no one would get it. So for that I love it here. Just like a family we laugh, we cry, we yell we cuss. But most of all we are so happy when we see approved and POE and Visa.....my bad :ot2::D

I was in Nigeria a month... I contemplated staying during this process but my tourist visa only allowed 30 dats from entry.. I was a little confused considering it doesnt expire for 6... And ur right, nobody on fb has a clue what USCIS even is lol its good to b here.. Im still learning how to use the forum yet... Im a fb junkie n this site isnt as easy to navigate lol but im figuring it out!! Hope i wont b here long by God graces!!

We talk all the time about whatever using Vonage for $25 per month, set up in her country, We can call each other at any moment for free.

Usually, 90% of the time, we fall asleep with video chat on and wake up the next day and say good morning! How weird is that? Coping is hard....

WE SKYPE EVERYDAY AND WE TEXT AND FB EVERYDAY AND WE GO TO SLEEP WITH SKYPE ON MAKES US FEEL LIKE WE ARE TOGETHER...

Us too! Sleeping with Skype on is the best option we have!

Edited by Waiting234

I am the USC.

--------------

Permanent Resident since December 23, 2013

Filed N-400, February 8, 2017

Timeline

Because for many of us like me and the OP they can't get a visitor visa to come to us. It's very rare for countries outside of the ones in the ESTA's and VWP to get a Visitor Visa.

Sure there are like 9 countries in the world a Nigerian can go without a Visa but hey if I was rich I wouldn't even have these immigration issues would I.:yes:

Yeah they can go to the UK like there just takin a trip to the mall but cant come here unless they r married or intend to marry.. Craziness!! Well except for rare cases of course and extreme ties to Nigeria.. But thats not our case...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Can u say zanax?!?! Lol anxiety should b a side affect warning on the application listed in bold!!!

:rofl: Totally agree

Spoiler

GC Expiry - 10/27/16

ROC:
09/13/16 - Sent I-751 package to CSC
09/16/16 - USCIS received package
09/20/16 - $845 check cashed - (myself and 3 children)

09/22/16 - NOA1 hard copy. Dated 09/16/16
09/26/16- Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in I-751 (x 3) - Dated 09/16/16

10/13/16 - Biometrics Appointment

09/25/17 - Infopass - I-551 stamp. Expiry 6/25/18

02/15/18 - Case Inquiry - Out of processing time (09/22/18) Reply due 3/10/18.

02/25/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to CSC  (letter)

04/10/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to POTOMAC  (letter)

04/11/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing"

04/19/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - POTOMAC to NBC.  (letter)

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

05/08/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing'

06/01/18 - Case Approved with N-400 Approval. 

CITIZENSHIP

08/23/17 - N-400 sent (USPS Lost package, In Transit - Delayed status)
09/11/17 - N-400 sent again via FedEX.

09/14/17 - N-400 NOA1

09/25/17 - Email Acceptance - Routed to NBC.

10/10/17 - Walk in Biometrics - Seattle.

10/18/17 - In line for Interview

05/02/18 - Interview Scheduled.

06/01/18 - Interview - APPROVED

07/04/18 - July 4th Oath Ceremony.

Timeline

We talk all the time about whatever using Vonage for $25 per month, set up in her country, We can call each other at any moment for free.

Usually, 90% of the time, we fall asleep with video chat on and wake up the next day and say good morning! How weird is that? Coping is hard....

Us too! Sleeping with Skype on is the best option we have!

That would eat up my data usage for my wi fi.. Lol but i bet thats nice... My man cant fall asleep without a phone call telling me goodnite :) homestly i culdnt sleep well without it either... And coping is sooo hard!! Its nice to share ways of doin it tho!! Gunna ck on Vontage 2maro!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Maybe I don't understand because I haven't filed for the K-1 just yet, but why doesn't anyone here seem to visit their loved one's while applying?

I WOULD LOVE TO VISIT MORE BUT DUE TO HOW MY VACATION TIME WORKS(WHICH I USED UP LAST YEAR TO GO SEE MY FIANCE) AND THE COST FOR A FLIGHT ITS BEEN A YEAR SINCE I HAVE SEEN MY FIANCE AND 9 MONTHS SINCE WE APPLIED FOR K 1.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

as1cJOU-M240000MDAwMDA4fDAwMDEzOThsfGJlY2FtZSBhIGNvdXBsZQ.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

That would eat up my data usage for my wi fi.. Lol but i bet thats nice... My man cant fall asleep without a phone call telling me goodnite :) homestly i culdnt sleep well without it either... And coping is sooo hard!! Its nice to share ways of doin it tho!! Gunna ck on Vontage 2maro!! :)

Skype is free to video call. Yes it eats up data. I can go thru 8GB in one day and Australia doesn't have unlimited usage. I'm capped at 200GB before going back to dial up speed LOL.

Skype also has a setting that your video calls can be answered automatically. So if your loved one is sleeping, and you want to check on her/him, hit the video call button and skype will connect the call with video without anyone being on the other end (if you tell it too).

Spoiler

GC Expiry - 10/27/16

ROC:
09/13/16 - Sent I-751 package to CSC
09/16/16 - USCIS received package
09/20/16 - $845 check cashed - (myself and 3 children)

09/22/16 - NOA1 hard copy. Dated 09/16/16
09/26/16- Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in I-751 (x 3) - Dated 09/16/16

10/13/16 - Biometrics Appointment

09/25/17 - Infopass - I-551 stamp. Expiry 6/25/18

02/15/18 - Case Inquiry - Out of processing time (09/22/18) Reply due 3/10/18.

02/25/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to CSC  (letter)

04/10/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to POTOMAC  (letter)

04/11/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing"

04/19/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - POTOMAC to NBC.  (letter)

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

05/08/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing'

06/01/18 - Case Approved with N-400 Approval. 

CITIZENSHIP

08/23/17 - N-400 sent (USPS Lost package, In Transit - Delayed status)
09/11/17 - N-400 sent again via FedEX.

09/14/17 - N-400 NOA1

09/25/17 - Email Acceptance - Routed to NBC.

10/10/17 - Walk in Biometrics - Seattle.

10/18/17 - In line for Interview

05/02/18 - Interview Scheduled.

06/01/18 - Interview - APPROVED

07/04/18 - July 4th Oath Ceremony.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I see we all feel the same pain of separation. My wife is in Brazil with the two girls. How do you keep connected for us is talking on video Skype and text. I do not speak Portuguese and she does not speak English. We use a Translator this has help our understanding of each other and I think made us closer. The bad part not being able to hold and feel each other. The little things we did together and being together at night. We Skype every day and tell each other about our days and how much we miss and love each other. I will travel every six to seven months to Brazil. We even have made plans if the visa are not given. We have committed to each other to be together as all have you. It is hard when you know it all up to a stranger the US Government. They have to power over you both to be together or apart. The really hard part is not know when it will end. The best thing for me is to keep a positive attitude and also be the squeaky wheel. When the dead lines passes call inquire and never stop. I wish you all a short wait and happy life together.

Video chat everyday. That's the only thing we can do for now that we're away from our love ones. He also visit me every 6 months. :)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Timeline

I see we all feel the same pain of separation. My wife is in Brazil with the two girls. How do you keep connected for us is talking on video Skype and text. I do not speak Portuguese and she does not speak English. We use a Translator this has help our understanding of each other and I think made us closer. The bad part not being able to hold and feel each other. The little things we did together and being together at night. We Skype every day and tell each other about our days and how much we miss and love each other. I will travel every six to seven months to Brazil. We even have made plans if the visa are not given. We have committed to each other to be together as all have you. It is hard when you know it all up to a stranger the US Government. They have to power over you both to be together or apart. The really hard part is not know when it will end. The best thing for me is to keep a positive attitude and also be the squeaky wheel. When the dead lines passes call inquire and never stop. I wish you all a short wait and happy life together.

Wow a language barrier can not b easy!!! I agree, not knowing wen the approval is coming is the most dufficult part.. Really its very ridiculous. Even welfare benefits has an expected date of approval or denial!! We have also made plans if the visa is not approved (knock on wood) i will b goin there for us t get married and begin a life there until we file a new visa for spouse and wait it out with him... I pray it doesnt come to that n i am always so sad to read about denials.. Ours shuld not b denied as we have an attorney, but heck, ya never kno so we made a back up plan n vowed giving up will never b considered!! Good luck on your journey!! God Bless u :)

Ok so im just curious to kno how everyone here has managed to get by and to cope with the long waiting process of the K-1/K-3 visa? Waiting for our loved ones to be reunified is a hard task... If u wanna share how u and ur fiance/spouse cope, ur experiences with the long wait people may benefit from our stories! And it will bring a little positivity to a negative time.. :) hope to see alot of sharing!!

We do text most of the time. We both keep ourselves busy with work, while waiting, hopefully not too long! I love you , i miss you, are really used words , but means a lot. :thumbs:

"All my life, without a doubt i give you, all my life, now and forever till the day i die, you and i will share" By: America
                                                               == I am the beneficiary==
AOS - K1 & K2
03-04-2014 ( Day 01) - Mailed
03-06-2014 ( Day 02) - Received
03-17-2014 ( Day 13) - Text and E-mail Notification at 12:50 am
03-21-2014 ( Day 17) - Received I-797C NOA (AOS, AP & EAD) hard copies - 6 mails
03-24-2014 ( Day 20) - Received I-797C NOA (ASC Appointment Notice/ Biometrics schedule) - 2 mails
04-09-2014 ( Day 36) - Biometrics Schedule @ 10&11am
05-30-2014 ( Day 87) - Received EAD combo card (K2 only)
06-09-2014 ( Day 97) - I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Card / Document Production (no interview)
06-12-2014 ( Day 100)- I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Mailed the new card
06-14-2014 ( Day 102)- GC ( both K1 & k2) - Received

Done.

ROC - K1 & K2

03-17-2016 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-22-2016 ( Day 05) - NOA1

04-19-2016 ( Day 27) - Biometrics Appt. ( only K1 admitted, no K2 Bio Appt. letter received)

03-13-2017 ( Day 328) - Received Biometrics Appt. letter for K2 ( yes, almost a year of waiting!) Scheduled for March 22, 2017

03-22-2017 ( Day 337) - Biometrics Appt. (K2)

04-19-2017 ( Day 364)- USCIS status changed from "Case Was Received" to "Name Updated" (Only the K1 case)

04-26-2017 ( Day 371)-  USCIS status changed from " Name Updated" to "New Card Is Being Produced" ( both K1 and K2 app)

05-01-2017 ( Day 376)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K2 case)

05-02-2017 ( Day 377)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K1 case)

05-04-2017 ( Day 379)-  Received GC in the mail ( K2)

05-05-2017 ( Day 380)-  Received GC in the mail ( K1)

Done.

Naturalization

03-10-2017 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-21-2017 ( Day 11) - Received Text and Email Notification

03-25-2017 ( Day 15) - Received NOA hardcopy

03-27-2017 ( Day 17) - USCIS website status changed " Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled"

04-12-2017 ( Day 33) - Biometrics/ Fingerprints & stamped passports for another 1 yr extension.

05-15-2017 ( Day 66) - "In Line for Interview" updated website status

05-17-2017 ( Day 68) - " Interview Was Scheduled" updated website status

05-25-2017 ( Day 76) - Received  the interview letter

06-26-2017 ( Day 108) - Interview Schedule

08-03-2017 ( Day 147)- Received notification online "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed"

Timeline

Video chat everyday. That's the only thing we can do for now that we're away from our love ones. He also visit me every 6 months. :)

Tough times!!! How much longer do we have to wait? Tjats always the question lol geeesh....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Skype is free to video call. Yes it eats up data. I can go thru 8GB in one day and Australia doesn't have unlimited usage. I'm capped at 200GB before going back to dial up speed LOL.

Skype also has a setting that your video calls can be answered automatically. So if your loved one is sleeping, and you want to check on her/him, hit the video call button and skype will connect the call with video without anyone being on the other end (if you tell it too).

How do you get it to connect automatically? I have not seen that option.

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Maybe I don't understand because I haven't filed for the K-1 just yet, but why doesn't anyone here seem to visit their loved one's while applying?

Well, in my case, I live in Hawaii and my love is in Jamaica - not the easiest thing in the world to visit, especially since Jamaicans can not get a tourist visa.... Money, jobs, etc. We're close to the end now though :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.