CharliesAngel13

Coping.. How do we all deal with waiting for our loved ones

120 posts in this topic

It's kind of hard but we have to live with it for a while. We have phone access to talk or text at any time. We talk about how we miss each other and we can't wait any longer , how we want to have our family and please each other. I can't wait at the end of this month to spend time with her and have a good time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As in 183 days from her coming here AND me going there combined?

I don't think we'll hit that mark though. We only plan every other month for maybe 14 days or less.

180 days in a 365 day period. It translates to 6 months. She basically is required to stay in Canada for 6 months of the year and can visit the US up to a max of 6 months as well. There is also the issue of what her province decrees as residency requirements to maintain her provincial medical insurance or Medicare. Each province has guidelines as to how many days out of the province you can spend in a year to maintain your social medical insurance. Quebec for example is 183 days.

The same goes for you 6 months max in a given year here in Canada.

My husband has done the once every few months a trip of a week or so for at least 3 years now. And yeah every other month won't do it. Hopefully it won't be long before you guys are with one another!

Edited by mirandmar

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I totally agree with yougood.gif

Thank goodness no one ever did that to me..maybe not, just yettongue.gif. They're just plain jealous with my pictures that's allsmile.gif

Here's the link to the thread I'm telling you about the cure for worry is GRATITUDE, the comments on that link are priceless, I showed that to my friends on facebook and they laughed hardbiggrin.gif

Bless you and your fiance, good luck also with the rest of your journey to K1smile.gifheart.gif

ya iv'e seen your post. well some people are just nuts. too bad, i always see that member here and i tot he/she is nice.lol. Me and my fiance will gonna put video or pictures in our signature.hahahahaha signature is up to 40 lines. meaning you can put as many as you want whether it is text, pictures or videos.if it is not allowed and VJ wants our profile or signature be boring then it should have been deactivated by VJ . however we can use it so why not use it. too bad for some people just speak with their mind without really thinking if what they are going to say is right. hummm headbonk.gifofftopic45vn.gif (peace)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We all get fed up waiting sometimes and our patience is being pushed to the limit Some of us make comments from time to time that others may take offence at.

I understand. But VJ has its rules and regulations and it does not says that we can just belittle or insult or disrespect anyone here. some must read the policy of VJ. laughing.gif for like what I said some here are acting already as if "they know everything" and tries to insist that they are right esp if the poser don't agree to them lol.laughing.gif and also people here in VJ are from different parts of the world. which means we have different cultures,beliefs, traditions or values. so we have to respect each other despite we are entitled to have our own opinion.but i also know that people will say whatever they want and just up to you how u will accept it once u get offended. lol. no offense to anyone but some people here are acting as if they are lawyers (not unless they are really lawyers then it is fine)

I just hope some people here still know what respect is even if we are in public forum or better say nothing at all if what they are going to say will offend others..

Off-Topic2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We have been lucky in that I went to see him in July 2011, he to me in october 2011, april 2012, oct 2012 and feb 2013. Quite a financial strain. Due to work on the ranch he will not be back out here untill september/october if we are still waiting. I won't even try to go visit incase we get turned back. Four tickets at over 1500 dollars each in the summer is a lot to lose. We both would rather spent all our hours together, that's why we went the K1 route, so that I would not have to come back to england once we are married. That for us was important.

I agree! Being married and still having to be separated living on different continents would be even worse than this entire K1 waiting process. But if for whatever insane reason our K1 is denied, the spousal visa would have to be plan B. Pushing away the thought, positive thinking! Good luck for you guys

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is indeed depressing but we thankGod we are finally together now. My husband is the USC ,he calls me 3 to 4 times daily.. when his driving to work we go together,his lunch break, before I go to bed then before he goes to bed. I send SMS a lot to him as he doesn't like typing he prefers calling. When I finally got to the states the first thing he said was " goodbye pingo"( the call card he uses). Loll.. Honestly we are grateful to God. Pls hang in there for those waiting as "delay is not a denial". GOODLUCK!

God is love!

Timeline

Lots of reasons: too expensive, job & family obligations at home.

Great answer. It is expensive to travel. Let's face it this VJ is not inexpensive :rofl: Obligations are overwhelming at times. My job requires me to be there on regular basis, as most do. :whistle: got to wait for vacation time to be able to travel anywhere.

To survive this long journey we learned to be patient and keep busy with life. Talk to friends who are in similar situation and get comfort from them and visa verse. :blush:

Stay strong this too shall pass..... :hehe:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

As of yet we haven't. This is how our routine has been since October

October - Visited Canada

November - She came here

December - Visted Canada

January - Visited Canada

March - She came here

May - She's coming here.

So far we haven't had trouble, but I still worry.

See thats part of it.....Canada is a whole other ballgame. You can come and go as you please. Thats not the case with other countries....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I have been 4 times in the last 17 months and its so dam hard - the last time I saw him was November 24th exactly 5 months ago today ( 151 days )

Its so expensive and I cannot leave my job anymore without risking it and I also cannot leave my girls again or they will really kill me....

If it were up to me I would be there monthly even if it were just for a few days.....

event.png

• 3 weeks later...

texting contantly all day every day. phone calls on breaks at work.

ready for something super cheesy?

we fall asleep on skype together every night so we get to "sleep together" :)

He calls me at 6;30 am when hes going to work, i call him when i wake up, then i call him on my way to work, and i literatly habe tocall him every hour or he calls my office mad asking why i havent call him. We talk all day! And texting of course i miss my papiyo

Ive been taking it day by day and preparing for my fiancé to come to the states. This is the most focused I have been as the reality of being the sole provider for "two", at least for a little while, shall soon become reality. I have began couponing and stockpiled on many items we will need. In a addition I have put myself on a strict budget to pay down some of the bills ,put credit on other bills like rent and electric as well as saving for his AOS petition. Also, I have been researching for wedding venues and wedding dresses (which has been really fun). There is so much to do to make the time go by and lots to do to ensure the first few months wont be as rough as they could be. In the end it will all be worth it.

event.png

qwjzd1l05.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

let me tell you even though I'm here with him it's very hard and very stressful to just feel like I'm sitting around just waiting. I try to keep myself busy with school work and such but it doesn't help...

Me and Matan

10/20/2012: Met in Israel

10/23/2012: First date

01/04/2013: Moved-in together

03/13/2013: Officially engaged!!!!!!!!! biggrin.png

USCIS/CSC

03/21/2013: Sent I-129F

03/28/2013: I-129F Received

04/01/2013: NOA 1

07/10/2013: NOA 2

NVC

10/03/2013: NVC Receives Case

xx/xx/2013: NVC Forwards Case to Jerusalem

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.