CharliesAngel13

Coping.. How do we all deal with waiting for our loved ones

120 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok so im just curious to kno how everyone here has managed to get by and to cope with the long waiting process of the K-1/K-3 visa? Waiting for our loved ones to be reunified is a hard task... If u wanna share how u and ur fiance/spouse cope, ur experiences with the long wait people may benefit from our stories! And it will bring a little positivity to a negative time.. :) hope to see alot of sharing!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Ok so im just curious to kno how everyone here has managed to get by and to cope with the long waiting process of the K-1/K-3 visa? Waiting for our loved ones to be reunified is a hard task... If u wanna share how u and ur fiance/spouse cope, ur experiences with the long wait people may benefit from our stories! And it will bring a little positivity to a negative time.. :) hope to see alot of sharing!!

We videochat everynight. We text everyday. Its hard but we have to sacrifice for a lifetime happiness. Whats what i tell my fiance, just hang in there in the long run our loniless and long distance will be paid off and we will be together forever..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Video calls, chats, text messages all day everyday! :blush:

Every 6 months I would visit him.

Life has been wonderful!

K1 PROCESS

183.gif I-129F Sent - 05/29/2012

183.gif NOA1 - 06/01/2012

183.gif NOA 2 - 12/06/2012 Approved!

No RFE's

183.gif Received by NVC - 12/10/2012

183.gif Received by Consulate - 01/04/2013

183.gif Received instructions - 01/09/2013

183.gif Scheduled interview / paid MRV fee - 02/14/2013

183.gif Interview Date - 03/14/2013 Approved!!

183.gifVisa in hand - 3/25/2013

183.gifPOE : Laredo, TX - July 2013

Timeline

Sounds alot like us... All day everyday on chat or txting and random phone calls everyday..... We also pray 2gether each nite... Another thing we do ( out friends tease us but love it just the same) is no matter what were doin, we speak as if were doin it 2gether! Lol for instance may say "baby were out of milk!" And he says " ok love, lets go and im driving!" Lol it really helps to take away the "alone" feeling. We attended a Keith Sweat concert together :) just a few months ago via skype... I had him on skype the entire time n we had so much fun!!! We play games together this wY as well.. We played Monoply a few weeks ago with the kids... We also share every little detail about our days... It helps to feel close.. Ohh and we have 1 piece of clothing of eachothers.. We sleep with it... Its not the real thing but it beats nothing at all... Sumtimes tho, i cant help but feel like im living in an imaginary world waiting to reach reality.. Its still a hard process but everything helps... Being best friends is wat ive found to b the most beneficial coping mechanism thus far! But that will benefit us for life :) im loving all these stories!! Differences as well as similarities! Plus talking about our loved ones; another great way to cope.......

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Whatsapp chatting, Facebook chatting, Skyle video....and it's not enough ?

But at least it's something.

I'm just SO ANXIOUS for the day when we can live together.

I'm a VERY IMPATIENT person so this is going to be hard but I love him soooo much.

This is just gonna make us stronger.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sounds alot like us... All day everyday on chat or txting and random phone calls everyday..... We also pray 2gether each nite... Another thing we do ( out friends tease us but love it just the same) is no matter what were doin, we speak as if were doin it 2gether! Lol for instance may say "baby were out of milk!" And he says " ok love, lets go and im driving!" Lol it really helps to take away the "alone" feeling. We attended a Keith Sweat concert together :) just a few months ago via skype... I had him on skype the entire time n we had so much fun!!! We play games together this wY as well.. We played Monoply a few weeks ago with the kids... We also share every little detail about our days... It helps to feel close.. Ohh and we have 1 piece of clothing of eachothers.. We sleep with it... Its not the real thing but it beats nothing at all... Sumtimes tho, i cant help but feel like im living in an imaginary world waiting to reach reality.. Its still a hard process but everything helps... Being best friends is wat ive found to b the most beneficial coping mechanism thus far! But that will benefit us for life :) im loving all these stories!! Differences as well as similarities! Plus talking about our loved ones; another great way to cope.......

Aww that's so sweet! We would do the same! :lol:

He also game me a stuffed doll the first time we met, his name is "Pocoyo", we would treat him as if he were our son. :P

It really helped me cope times we were separated.

Haha! It even makes me tear up a bit right now, those times separated were horrible but now (thank God) he has his visa, we will soon be

reunited. Life is really worth living!

K1 PROCESS

183.gif I-129F Sent - 05/29/2012

183.gif NOA1 - 06/01/2012

183.gif NOA 2 - 12/06/2012 Approved!

No RFE's

183.gif Received by NVC - 12/10/2012

183.gif Received by Consulate - 01/04/2013

183.gif Received instructions - 01/09/2013

183.gif Scheduled interview / paid MRV fee - 02/14/2013

183.gif Interview Date - 03/14/2013 Approved!!

183.gifVisa in hand - 3/25/2013

183.gifPOE : Laredo, TX - July 2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We also Skype few times daily. He wakes me with video calls when it's time to get the kids off to school. It's the closest thing to actually waking up beside each other. It's so very hard when your loved one is so far away. We also have been visiting each other every 6 months or so. As alot of you know, visiting another country also get very expensive.

Time zones.. ugh. Time zones are so hard also when one is sleeping and the other is awake, but I guess it gives us time to do our daily thing without disturbing the other.

Each day we wake, is another day closer to hopefully being together forever (L)

My advice to everyone.. Don't lose sight of the longer picture. All good things come to those who wait B-)

Spoiler

GC Expiry - 10/27/16

ROC:
09/13/16 - Sent I-751 package to CSC
09/16/16 - USCIS received package
09/20/16 - $845 check cashed - (myself and 3 children)

09/22/16 - NOA1 hard copy. Dated 09/16/16
09/26/16- Verification of Inclusion of a Dependent in I-751 (x 3) - Dated 09/16/16

10/13/16 - Biometrics Appointment

09/25/17 - Infopass - I-551 stamp. Expiry 6/25/18

02/15/18 - Case Inquiry - Out of processing time (09/22/18) Reply due 3/10/18.

02/25/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

04/06/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to CSC  (letter)

04/10/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - CSC to POTOMAC  (letter)

04/11/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing"

04/19/18 - Case updated to "We received your case" 

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing" - POTOMAC to NBC.  (letter)

05/07/18 - Case updated to "We received your case"

05/08/18 - Case updated to "We transferred your case to another USCIS office for processing'

06/01/18 - Case Approved with N-400 Approval. 

CITIZENSHIP

08/23/17 - N-400 sent (USPS Lost package, In Transit - Delayed status)
09/11/17 - N-400 sent again via FedEX.

09/14/17 - N-400 NOA1

09/25/17 - Email Acceptance - Routed to NBC.

10/10/17 - Walk in Biometrics - Seattle.

10/18/17 - In line for Interview

05/02/18 - Interview Scheduled.

06/01/18 - Interview - APPROVED

07/04/18 - July 4th Oath Ceremony.

I took the extreme path and relocated to be near to my wife :). The only things I have to do more when filing for my wife's visa are the domicile package and finding a joint sponsor. But the experience is worth it. My wife also appreciates what I have done for her very much :).

Maybe I don't understand because I haven't filed for the K-1 just yet, but why doesn't anyone here seem to visit their loved one's while applying?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would like to visit my fiance again, but its too expensive to travel.. especially with our baby.. plus we have to save for our flights to U.S. after i get the visa. Flights are so expensive right now.

Lots of reasons: too expensive, job & family obligations at home.

Okay, I understand. She and I visit about every other month and I assumed a lot here visited more often rather than waiting 8 months at a time. I didn't mean for my post to offend anyone, just throwing that out there.

I can only imagine the pain you all go through. :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Maybe I don't understand because I haven't filed for the K-1 just yet, but why doesn't anyone here seem to visit their loved one's while applying?

Because for many of us like me and the OP they can't get a visitor visa to come to us. It's very rare for countries outside of the ones in the ESTA's and VWP to get a Visitor Visa.

Sure there are like 9 countries in the world a Nigerian can go without a Visa but hey if I was rich I wouldn't even have these immigration issues would I.:yes:

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

6,500 miles across the ocean... Lol thats my reason anyway!! And my fiace can not get visitor visa's as he is Nigerian and not allowed in... I however go to see him but wen i go i stay awhile cuz it costs sooooooo much to travel there... If i were rich, i would go at least every other month.. As i have 3 minor children to attend to also n cant just leave them behind...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.