13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I am in dispirately need an advice . i have a k-1 visa and its expired i got here in US Nov , 2009 and until now i have not change my status . i have a 13 years old daughter . the reason why my status is not been apply is because of financial problem. any advice that would be help me tremendously.

Sincerely ,

Aqua33

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, I am in dispirately need an advice . i have a k-1 visa and its expired i got here in US Nov , 2009 and until now i have not change my status . i have a 13 years old daughter . the reason why my status is not been apply is because of financial problem. any advice that would be help me tremendously.

Sincerely ,

Aqua33

What are you asking advise for?? You will not be able to do anything until you adjust your status.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Did you get married to your K1 U.S. Citizen?

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Sincerely ,

Aqua33

yes we get married before 90 days , my concern is .will i be deported or something ?

Did you get married to your K1 U.S. Citizen?

yes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

yes we get married before 90 days , my concern is .will i be deported or something ?

Yes you can be deported if you are caught.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Sincerely ,

Aqua33

Your K-1 visa expired the minute the INS officer at the POE stamped your passport. Once you enter the USA as a K-1, you have 90 days to marry. Did you marry within the 90 days of entry?

If you did marry within 90 days, you are just in a sort of a legal gray area. 5 or so years not filing for AOS is a bit long. By all means carry your passport with you along with a copy of your marriage license in case you are ever stopped by law enforcement. I strongly recommend you save the approx. 1000 dollars it takes for processing the AOS.

If you did not marry within the 90 days you are definitely out of status.

Timeline

Your K-1 visa expired the minute the INS officer at the POE stamped your passport. Once you enter the USA as a K-1, you have 90 days to marry. Did you marry within the 90 days of entry?

If you did marry within 90 days, you are just in a sort of a legal gray area. 5 or so years not filing for AOS is a bit long. By all means carry your passport with you along with a copy of your marriage license in case you are ever stopped by law enforcement. I strongly recommend you save the approx. 1000 dollars it takes for processing the AOS.

If you did not marry within the 90 days you are definitely out of status.

Yes , i got married with in 90 days of entry , my husband got sick and out of work for 2 years and just got better . my passport is expired too but i have a marraige license with me all the time . trying my best to save money for my papers for me and my daughter . just scared that me and my daughter will be deported :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

the fix:

1. on you: file I-130 + I-485 set to uscis. There's ancilliary forms also.

2. on the daughter: file I-130 + I-485 set to uscis. There's ancilliary forms also.

The good news? You are allowed to adjust status with these formsets, as you came in on a K-1 visa. The overstay will be forgiven as you fulfilled the requirements of the K-1 visa (get married within 90 days of the POE).

It's rare someone waits more than 2 years to file - but the good news? After the interview, you'll get a 10 year greencard.

Here is your guide - please follow it: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

Note the fee is more , than if you just filed normal AOS (without the I-130) within 2 years of marriage.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from K1 to AOS from Family Visa as OP is already in the USA *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Yes , i got married with in 90 days of entry , my husband got sick and out of work for 2 years and just got better . my passport is expired too but i have a marraige license with me all the time . trying my best to save money for my papers for me and my daughter . just scared that me and my daughter will be deported :(

You may not be deported, just stay "invisible" and don't do silly things, but hurry to save the money to file your AOS for you and your daughter.

I-130 is $420 (to be filed by your US spouse), I-485 is $1,070.

The AOS form (I-485) is a little cheaper for your daughter as she's less than 14.

Once you file and send all those forms (plus others, as Darnell said), you will receive some letters called notices of action from the USCIS and you and your daughter' status will be then protected (as "pending adjustment of status").

Don't leave the US until your AOS is approved.

I hope your finances will quickly allow you to file those forms now that your husband is getting better. Good luck. :)

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

You may not be deported, just stay "invisible" and don't do silly things, but hurry to save the money to file your AOS for you and your daughter.

I-130 is $420 (to be filed by your US spouse), I-485 is $1,070.

The AOS form (I-485) is a little cheaper for your daughter as she's less than 14.

Once you file and send all those forms (plus others, as Darnell said), you will receive some letters called notices of action from the USCIS and you and your daughter' status will be then protected (as "pending adjustment of status").

Don't leave the US until your AOS is approved.

I hope your finances will quickly allow you to file those forms now that your husband is getting better. Good luck. :)

Thank you so much for your help.really appreciate it.

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Hi there , please need help , I g

Finally filled my AOS last Sept . 2013 and me and my daughter had a biometric screening after we have the letter from USCIS , and first week of Oct . I received a letter from USCIS , that they are asking for initial evidence the I-864 and the 3 years of my husband latest tax return . And on October 27 I submitted the I-864 and the 3 years of income tax but the problem is I got a letter from IRs that the w-7 is denied because the Social security number is missing . So now my question is does it affect my AOS application ? And last mont Feb , since my 1-485 is on the process I applied for EMployment Authorization so I can atleast work , coz my husband is out of work and now he is in Disability , hoping to hear that my EMployment Authorization will be approved . Advice is greatly appreciated .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.