Sweet Taghi

Depressed and desperate

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok, here goes a brief summary of my issue. My husband and I have been together since 2009 and were married in 2010. We have a young son that my husband has never been able to hold. :crying: In 2011 there was a house fire and my father was injured saving our son, he just passed Feb. 21, 2013 (my 8 yr. old's b-day) as a result of the injuries from the fire. :crying: A lot of things have happened between 2011 and now. I just filed the papers for our cr-1 3-8-2013. Basically, I have no clue as to what the whole process entails. During this time, I am battling health issues (a severe back injury) and raising a special needs child, in addition to my two other children. The fire has left me financially ruined and I'm finding it hard to be optimistic after all that's happened, but I'm trying to remain hopeful. Is there any way to expedite the process or does anyone know of any agencies or groups that might be able to help us with a sponsor or advice? I'm desperate to get him here so we can get our lives back on track. PLEASE, any advice would be very much appreciated. :help:

Sweet Taghi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok, here goes a brief summary of my issue. My husband and I have been together since 2009 and were married in 2010. We have a young son that my husband has never been able to hold. :crying: In 2011 there was a house fire and my father was injured saving our son, he just passed Feb. 21, 2013 (my 8 yr. old's b-day) as a result of the injuries from the fire. :crying: A lot of things have happened between 2011 and now. I just filed the papers for our cr-1 3-8-2013. Basically, I have no clue as to what the whole process entails. During this time, I am battling health issues (a severe back injury) and raising a special needs child, in addition to my two other children. The fire has left me financially ruined and I'm finding it hard to be optimistic after all that's happened, but I'm trying to remain hopeful. Is there any way to expedite the process or does anyone know of any agencies or groups that might be able to help us with a sponsor or advice? I'm desperate to get him here so we can get our lives back on track. PLEASE, any advice would be very much appreciated. :help:

I don't understand? Where exactly is your husband? why has he never been able to hold your son? does he not want to? How did you meet him? Why is he overseas and you have child? There are so many details you left out. Why didn't you try to get him here before? it's been 8 years for God's sake.

Timeline

No, it hasn't been 8 years. We have been together for 3. We are both very upset that he has not been able to be with his family which is why I have decided to publicly discuss our issue in an effort to get some advice. He is in Morocco and since the fire happened after our son was born, finances have prevented us from doing our paperwork sooner, as I had mentioned. We lost everything in the fire, and in addition to the fire, I was in charge of my father's affairs and finances while he was in the hospital for the last 2 years. There have been some details left out because they are private and do not pertain to our case.

Sweet Taghi

So are you saying the 8 year old is not your husband's child and from a previous relationship? And the younger son born you and your Moroccan husband's child.

Will you be able to sponsor him when it comes to the financial part of the petition process? If not, you need to start looking for someone to help with the sponsorship. From what I read, they are really strict on the financial requirements. And as the petitioner (like myself), we have to fill out that I-864 package.

I wish you the best because I know how it is so tough to be apart from your love ones! May you all reunite soon INSHALLAH

No, it hasn't been 8 years. We have been together for 3. We are both very upset that he has not been able to be with his family which is why I have decided to publicly discuss our issue in an effort to get some advice. He is in Morocco and since the fire happened after our son was born, finances have prevented us from doing our paperwork sooner, as I had mentioned. We lost everything in the fire, and in addition to the fire, I was in charge of my father's affairs and finances while he was in the hospital for the last 2 years. There have been some details left out because they are private and do not pertain to our case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm very sorry for your situation, it seems you have been through the wringer. As another noted if you are in financial ruin, you are going to have a tough time with showing you can support another person. If you don't meet the financial requirements needed to satisfy the poverty guideline of 125% , you will need to find someone who is willing to be a sponsor. 3 yrs of marriage will show longevity, but if you haven't been able to see each other since you were married, your going to need a pile of proof to show you are still behaving as a married couple, emails, chats , etc. If you do decide to file, you will need to explain in detail the reason for all your hardships.

This process involves money and patience, seems you have the patience thing already covered!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You have 3 children , is only the youngest your husbands child ? Which one is special needs ? DO you work ?

This whole process is hard and expensive. The fees alone are about 1000 and then there are medical requirements and police and birth/divorce records to pay for. If you have 3 children then you will need significant income to sponsor him. I have never heard of an organization being co sponor it needs to be a person that co sponsors. When you get the money together it will take about a year to go through the process and the he is from a place that rarely avoids AP which can add significant time to the process and there is no way to shorten that time. There is a chance you could try to ask for an expediate based on the issues that you are dealing with. There is also a fee waiver , but those are not usually requested because it speaks to your inability to support the intended immigrant.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

My oldest and my 8 year old are from a previous relationship. My youngest is the son of my husband and I. It is no trouble documenting the things that have gone on. I have plenty of news articles, court papers and medical statements. My husband and I talk everyday so that's no trouble to provide chat records either. For the joint-sponsor I was told that their household size would be counted instead of mine, is that correct?

So are you saying the 8 year old is not your husband's child and from a previous relationship? And the younger son born you and your Moroccan husband's child.

Will you be able to sponsor him when it comes to the financial part of the petition process? If not, you need to start looking for someone to help with the sponsorship. From what I read, they are really strict on the financial requirements. And as the petitioner (like myself), we have to fill out that I-864 package.

I wish you the best because I know how it is so tough to be apart from your love ones! May you all reunite soon INSHALLAH

Inshallah! It has been very difficult for sure. We are praying for an end to all this drama so we can be a family again inshallah.

Sweet Taghi

Yes it is the co-sponsors household size, not yours but you will need to fill out an l-864 anyhow. That may be a problem with the consulate.

I wish you both the best of luck. Your husband's embassy is not an easy one.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You also need to make sure you have gone to see him within the past two years. That is one of the stipulations.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

These are the reasons USCIS will say you can expedite. Unfortunately, they are not able to provide guidance on which one to use or how to best write the request. This would only expedite the petition in the USA with USCIS, not with NVC or the Embassy.

1. Severe Financial Loss

2. Extreme Emergent Situation

3. Humanitarian Situation

4. Non Profit Status of ...

5. Department of Defense or National Security Concern?

6. USCIC Error

7. Significant or Compelling Reason (medical condition)

8. Military Deployment

9. ____ Cases not covered under the child status protection act and provisions such as diversity visas, loss of social security benefits or other substance?

Those are my notes anyway. Good luck!

I am the USC.

--------------

Permanent Resident since December 23, 2013

Filed N-400, February 8, 2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You also need to make sure you have gone to see him within the past two years. That is one of the stipulations.

not when a couple is married, 2 yaers is only for fiance visa, and She just had his baby,so it speaks for itself that they have seen in each in the last year

These are the reasons USCIS will say you can expedite. Unfortunately, they are not able to provide guidance on which one to use or how to best write the request. This would only expedite the petition in the USA with USCIS, not with NVC or the Embassy.

1. Severe Financial Loss

2. Extreme Emergent Situation

3. Humanitarian Situation

4. Non Profit Status of ...

5. Department of Defense or National Security Concern?

6. USCIC Error

7. Significant or Compelling Reason (medical condition)

8. Military Deployment

9. ____ Cases not covered under the child status protection act and provisions such as diversity visas, loss of social security benefits or other substance?

Those are my notes anyway. Good luck!

The NVC will expedite a case as well.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

not when a couple is married, 2 yaers is only for fiance visa, and She just had his baby,so it speaks for itself that they have seen in each in the last year

Ah, ok. It wasn't really clear in the post how young the child is at this point, except he was saved in a house fire in 2011. At any rate, doesn't seem to matter.

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

I will be praying for you sponsorship seems to be the hold up for many. I can empathize with you sponsorship will be our challenge as well. This is not a question that I expect an answer to just saying..why should money be the hold up for us being with our loved ones? {no answer needed} Such is life..I am prayerful though!

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.