19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi All

We mostly did it ourselves Thanks for all the support in this 10 month journey. Stressed out at times. In awe of the bureaucracy. Sometimes overwhelmed with the intricacy and complexity of it all. The USCiS thing (May to November. The NVC thing .. Bangkok Embassy appointment on March 1st. Interview was uneventful as we had amassed much evidence of your connection and had lived together in Thailand for 4 - 5 years. Some problems with her birth certificate.. It was nowhere to be found. We went to the local Amphur and got some substitute documents - recommended by an immigration lawyer in Bangkok.. She was asked about this in her interview which thankfully was done by a very respectful and courteous representative. He seemed to understand the situation. WE GOT APPROVED!!

Visa and other docs will be sent to her home in Chiang Mai.

Set to come to the USA on March 19th.

I read somewhere that original documents that were sent to NVC would be returned to her after the interview.. This did not happen.. Any comment.?. I got the feeling these would be mailed to her as well

Took around 10 months from the time we filed. Looks about average..

Peace and good luck to you alll.

Blessings

Walt and Rachada

z512ea11da08a6.gif

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ConGraTuLaTions :):dance::star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

HI

Just a note for americans. I found phoning the NVC was extremely helpful. I got most of my questions answer though the wait time was long. Occasionally someone was a bit rude or rushed but gernerally speaking everyone took sufficient time to correctly answer my questions. I am grateful to them. I may have called at least 10 times to get confirmation on the papers I was submitting. Since the info was from the horses mouth it made my job easier

Whttp://static-forums.visajourney.com/public/style_emoticons/default/good.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I read somewhere that original documents that were sent to NVC would be returned to her after the interview.. This did not happen.. Any comment.?. I got the feeling these would be mailed to her as well

That's odd. My wife got all that back after the interview at the embassy. Back when my wife got her visa, you had to pick up the visa at the embassy the next day, so hopefully they will mail it wither visa.

Let us know if she gets it back with the visa.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

That's odd. My wife got all that back after the interview at the embassy. Back when my wife got her visa, you had to pick up the visa at the embassy the next day, so hopefully they will mail it wither visa.

Let us know if she gets it back with the visa.

Hi

I emailed the embassy - here is the reply

Dear Petitioner,

In-person pick-up of visa packages is no longer allowed. Applicants who are found qualified for a visa will be sent their visa packages in the mail which takes approximately 7 days. The Embassy strongly recommends against making any travel plans before the visa packet arrives.

Immigrant Visa Unit, US Embassy Bangkok

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi

I emailed the embassy - here is the reply

Dear Petitioner,

In-person pick-up of visa packages is no longer allowed. Applicants who are found qualified for a visa will be sent their visa packages in the mail which takes approximately 7 days. The Embassy strongly recommends against making any travel plans before the visa packet arrives.

Immigrant Visa Unit, US Embassy Bangkok

Cool. Hopefully her docs will come with the visa.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Hi All

We mostly did it ourselves Thanks for all the support in this 10 month journey. Stressed out at times. In awe of the bureaucracy. Sometimes overwhelmed with the intricacy and complexity of it all. The USCiS thing (May to November. The NVC thing .. Bangkok Embassy appointment on March 1st. Interview was uneventful as we had amassed much evidence of your connection and had lived together in Thailand for 4 - 5 years. Some problems with her birth certificate.. It was nowhere to be found. We went to the local Amphur and got some substitute documents - recommended by an immigration lawyer in Bangkok.. She was asked about this in her interview which thankfully was done by a very respectful and courteous representative. He seemed to understand the situation. WE GOT APPROVED!!

Visa and other docs will be sent to her home in Chiang Mai.

Set to come to the USA on March 19th.

Took around 10 months from the time we filed. Looks about average..

Peace and good luck to you alll.

Blessings

Walt and Rachada

Congratulations!! Efforts paid well..

B&B

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Congratulations....well done. I know it is a hard road to go down but we are all in the same boat one way or another.

Good luck.

M.

Edited by austex

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I saw the heading and thought this was about Sequestration.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

YAH!!!!!!!!!

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.