Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

USCIS did not update that on their website yet so what is the real Poverty Guidelines. Maybe in March when that takes effect.

Edited by florida4life

Keep it Real

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

check this out.. it is new 2013 poverty guidelines http://www.tnvisaexpert.com/articles/minimum-income-requirement/

No. Unless they're updated here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf then they're not the "new" guidelines.

Filed: Timeline

The current guidelines for 2013 are here:

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/01/24/2013-01422/annual-update-of-the-hhs-poverty-guidelines

You need to do the math to see if you still qualify. The USCIS website is 90 days behind reality, as usual

No. Unless they're updated here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf then they're not the "new" guidelines.

OP's link looks valid to me, since all the rest of the immigration sites are publishing the same table.

Timeline

OP's link looks valid to me, since all the rest of the immigration sites are publishing the same table.

by all means follow it if you like, it's only a small increase really and better to have too much than too little BUT again, unless USCIS publishes it on the I-864P it's not the "new" guidelines and USCIS isn't following it.

by all means follow it if you like, it's only a small increase really and better to have too much than too little BUT again, unless USCIS publishes it on the I-864P it's not the "new" guidelines and USCIS isn't following it.

Wrong answer. The USCIS follows the Federal Poverty Guidelines as published by the HHS. HHS published them. Those are the guidelines.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. I have question about the 1040 that my fiance sent me a scanned copy of everything... He said...its exactly how it looks, no stamps or any other thing. My question is, can I just print them?the scanned copies? so He wont have to send them over here?

My interview is on the 2oth and I want to make sure we have everything we need?

I hope to hear from anyone here.

Thanks

Hi everyone. I have question about the 1040 that my fiance sent me a scanned copy of everything... He said...its exactly how it looks, no stamps or any other thing. My question is, can I just print them?the scanned copies? so He wont have to send them over here?

My interview is on the 2oth and I want to make sure we have everything we need?

I hope to hear from anyone here.

Thanks

Yes. Fax/Scanned copies are acceptable. If he sent copies of his tax return(s), you need all the attachments and schedules, as well as w-2's and 1099's. If he sent you copies of the tax return transcripts from the IRS (hard to do for 2012 taxes, at least for a couple more weeks), then you are okay with just those.

Timeline

Wrong answer. The USCIS follows the Federal Poverty Guidelines as published by the HHS. HHS published them. Those are the guidelines.

Until USCIS posts them as the new I-864P they're not recognised by USCIS. They WILL be the guideline, sure, but they aren't updated with USCIS yet.

But again, believe what you want. It doesn't really matter anyway unless you know someone exactly between the 2012 levels and these "new" ones then there's no way to test it. And also again, better to have too much income than too little.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Until USCIS posts them as the new I-864P they're not recognised by USCIS. They WILL be the guideline, sure, but they aren't updated with USCIS yet.

But again, believe what you want. It doesn't really matter anyway unless you know someone exactly between the 2012 levels and these "new" ones then there's no way to test it. And also again, better to have too much income than too little.

Does it really matter? At some point soon USCIS will update their site with the new guidelines. The OP was merely showing people what they should expect in the near future. To you the increase may not seem significant, only a few hundreds dollars, but to may people struggling in this economy that few hundred dollars could mean the difference between need a joint sponsor or not.....

I would believe this when the USICS website updates. I myself tend to not read much into anything legal in this case unless it ends in .gov

I would believe this when the USICS website updates. I myself tend to not read much into anything legal in this case unless it ends in .gov

You mean like the federalregister.gov ?

Edited by The Patriot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.