MariamNasir

$350 Visa fee with packet 3.5? what the hell is this?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Okay so apparently there is a $350 visa fee to be sent in with packet 3.5? is this correct? if so how do you pay for it? :angry: can someone pleaseee help me out? Also do you send in your passport sized pictures with this packet? Pleasee help!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its payment for the visa.

How you pay for it is dependent on the embassy, some ask for it at the embassy, some require you to pay before hand at a specific location, some take cash or some take check only.

Have you checked out the other costs you will have to be paying? The medical fee, the AOS fees for applying once inside the USA etc. You might wanna research the fees and costs so next time you wont be surprised when you have to pay for part of the process.

You also have to pay the new immigrant fee to the USCIS which came into effect Feb 1st - today. That is payed by going to the uscis website. BUT This is payed after you get your visa and before you move to the USA.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

My fiance/(now wife) paid $230 in cash I think they had reduced the fee for a period of time. It is now $350 CASH paid at the Embassy!

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f56e4154d7b3d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I hope you are ready for the fees in the future I just sent out a check for $1070 for Adjustment of Status.

Good luck!

Timeline

My fiance/(now wife) paid $230 in cash I think they had reduced the fee for a period of time. It is now $350 CASH paid at the Embassy!

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f56e4154d7b3d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I hope you are ready for the fees in the future I just sent out a check for $1070 for Adjustment of Status.

Good luck!

I'm ready for the other fees well not really i need to save up for them but I was ready for this 240 but i guess it went up to 350. That's fine i just didnt know if it was 240 AND 350 then i would have been upset...well more upset.

thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Its payment for the visa.

How you pay for it is dependent on the embassy, some ask for it at the embassy, some require you to pay before hand at a specific location, some take cash or some take check only.

Have you checked out the other costs you will have to be paying? The medical fee, the AOS fees for applying once inside the USA etc. You might wanna research the fees and costs so next time you wont be surprised when you have to pay for part of the process.

You also have to pay the new immigrant fee to the USCIS which came into effect Feb 1st - today. That is payed by going to the uscis website. BUT This is payed after you get your visa and before you move to the USA.

I don't think you have to pay "the new immigrant fee" as the K1 is a non-immigrant visa.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

According to the website:

Foreign nationals who seek permanent residence in the United States and receive an immigrant visa will need to pay a USCIS Immigrant Fee beginning February 1, 2013

So yes, it is an additional fee anyone going through the K-1 visa process will eventually have to assume (as long as your spouse intends to stay in the US to live and work.

I really cannot believe that they are continuing to ADD costs while the service continues to move at a snail's pace. Apparently the reason for the new cost is to:

..cover the cost of USCIS staff time to handle, file and maintain the immigrant visa package, and the cost of producing and delivering the permanent resident card.

Were all these other costs not enough for the workers? It would be lovely to know exactly how all these fees are benefiting MY case.

Ugh..sorry to go off topic but I am so frustrated!! I guess I chose the worst time to meet my soul mate (in another country) and want to marry him... :wacko:

K1 Visa approved after 7 months and 24 days :D:) <3

Please, please, please, let me get what I want! ...got it [almost!] next step visa interview!

Timeline

So yes, it is an additional fee anyone going through the K-1 visa process will eventually have to assume (as long as your spouse intends to stay in the US to live and work.

I really cannot believe that they are continuing to ADD costs while the service continues to move at a snail's pace. Apparently the reason for the new cost is to:

Were all these other costs not enough for the workers? It would be lovely to know exactly how all these fees are benefiting MY case.

Ugh..sorry to go off topic but I am so frustrated!! I guess I chose the worst time to meet my soul mate (in another country) and want to marry him... :wacko:

No, i dont think so i read that part and it states somewhere that fiance visa's do not need to pay for that additional fee, the 165 or something like that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

No, i dont think so i read that part and it states somewhere that fiance visa's do not need to pay for that additional fee, the 165 or something like that.

Oh I do see that now. PHEW! Ok...I feel a little better now :blush:

K1 Visa approved after 7 months and 24 days :D:) <3

Please, please, please, let me get what I want! ...got it [almost!] next step visa interview!

Timeline

JUST TO CLARIFIY THINGS!

http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/visa_fees.html

for K1 visa it is $240 as per Islamabad embassy take DOLLARS!

and here is the secondary backup of the update amount of the visa fees!

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html#temp

there you go.

the $350 is for initial filing of the I129 and the secondary fee is at the embassy of $240.

Take additional money with you just incase!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Interesting fact...it is paid after you get your visa, but you don't have to pay it before you move to the USA. You DO, however, have to pay it at some point if you would like to receive your green card ever.

HUSBAND'S CASE

9/17/2011 - sent I-13

09/19/2011 - noa1 received

3/16/2012 - case sent to my local USCIS office for additional processing

4/21/2012 - AP. If we haven't heard from them in SIX MONTHS (omg) we can feel free to call them!!! Thanks!

9/20/2012 - Interview scheduled - October 3!!!!

10/3/2012 - Interview went well but she must look at his A-file more before decision.

10/12/2012 - I-130 APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

KIDS' CASES

04/20/2012: NOA107/20/2012: instead of an approval, we got thrown into AP. sigh

11/01/2012: Boys' I-130 interview set for November 28, 2012.

11/28/2012: I-130s APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

NVC

12/14/2012: NVC Received

12/31/2012: Case number/IIN

12/31/2012: DS-3032 sent

01/08/2013: DS-3032 accepted

01/02/2013: AOS bill0

1/03/2013: AOS bill shows PAID

01/04/2013: AOS package sent

01/09/2013: IV bill

01/10/2013: IV bill shows PAID

01/11/2013: IV package sent

01/23/2013: Case complete

02/01/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Lagos

02/22/2013: Embassy received

03/01/2013: Medical

03/20/2013: Interview - was told the boys would have been approved on the spot if they had pics! Errrr :-(

04/15/2013: DNA test

05/15/2013: Emailed embassy BEGGING them to let boys drop off passports for visa insertion. IT WORKED!!!

05/31/2013: Visa in hand

06/02/2013: POE JFK!!!!!!

5spxll0m6aa.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Even if the new fee does not apply, I can't help but agree with you on why they move so slow! OK so it takes money, I would gladly pay more money if they would just move these petitions in a reasonable amount of time. And how are the fee's that are paid and not refundable distributed and broken down? If you figure the fee's multiplied by the amount of petitioners that's a heck of a lot of money. Politics?!?unsure.gif

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They're seriously adding on an additional charge to the K1 (as well as other visas) now? I hope this information gets added to our website in the guides and such. I thought when the time for the interview and successful granting of the K1 comes around, it was just the courier fee you had to pay out there... :/

Current Status: AOS - Processing

Happily Married Dec 6th 2013 <3

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They're seriously adding on an additional charge to the K1 (as well as other visas) now? I hope this information gets added to our website in the guides and such. I thought when the time for the interview and successful granting of the K1 comes around, it was just the courier fee you had to pay out there... :/

NO. There was misinformation posted in this thread. The new $165 fee is for immigrant visas. The K-1 is a non-immigrant visa and that new fee DOES NOT apply to those getting a K-1.

The fee to file the I-129F petition is $340. The visa processing fee at the consulate is $240. The fee for AOS once in the US and married is $1070.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.