Larry n Mary

YOU WON"T BELIEVE THIS

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After all the time and money it has taken my fiance and me to get our K-1 visa from the embassy, some IDIOT at the embassy misspells my middle name on the visa. I am not kidding !! My middle name is BERRIEN and it is spelled out on EVERY form submitted, BUT..the mental giant at the us embassy in Manila spelled it BRIEN...UNBELIEVABLE..YOU CAN"T MAKE THIS STUFF UP.

My fiance recieved her passport yesterday and today she is at the CFO seminar and they tell her the passport needs to be sent back to the embassy for correction.

Has anybody else had this happen to them? and if so what was the process to get this corrected so she can get on a plane and come here?

They messed up the middle name of my husband too, I called them, said its okay... no problem... no need to change... I had no problem on my POE.

Timeline

They messed up the middle name of my husband too, I called them, said its okay... no problem... no need to change... I had no problem on my POE.

I hope your correct Theresa...thak you for your reply..you have singlehandidly lowered my blood pressure 50 points. :thumbs:

no problem... it does happens a lot... not only on Manila US embassy... here's an example: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/250526-wrong-name-on-my-visa/

they just called and was told "no problem".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

After all the time and money it has taken my fiance and me to get our K-1 visa from the embassy, some IDIOT at the embassy misspells my middle name on the visa. I am not kidding !! My middle name is BERRIEN and it is spelled out on EVERY form submitted, BUT..the mental giant at the us embassy in Manila spelled it BRIEN...UNBELIEVABLE..YOU CAN"T MAKE THIS STUFF UP.

My fiance recieved her passport yesterday and today she is at the CFO seminar and they tell her the passport needs to be sent back to the embassy for correction.

Has anybody else had this happen to them? and if so what was the process to get this corrected so she can get on a plane and come here?

I am sure everything will be fine. On my previous K1 journey my then fiance's visa said female instead of male and he did not catch it until POE. They just took him to a room and asked him a few questions, including has he had a sex change, etc but he was not hassled. I am glad we did not realize this mistake earlier because we were both nervous enough without that additional worry. :thumbs:

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline

Once again..thank you VJ'ers for the replies...I shared these comments with my fiance and she told me that "friends" at the seminar told her this was a problem, noy anybody with CFO. I told her to tell her "friends" to ZIP IT and the only advisors she needed were on VJ. :lol: We are going ahead with our plan to have her fly here this monday.

:D

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If the spelling error is on the IMMIGRANT DATA SUMMARY SHEET, then it won't cause any problems at POE.

But...

If the spelling error is on the VISA ITSELF, then you should have it corrected right away at the Embassy. The name on the visa should match the name on the passport.

Did she get her CFO stamp? If so then it is up to you if you want to take the risk of no issues at POE. If you have time, save the worries as she travels and semd passport back for correction... Lord knows I have worried enough with medical now interview next week. I would not personally want to worry for a day while she travels here about "what if" Good luck

Once again..thank you VJ'ers for the replies...I shared these comments with my fiance and she told me that "friends" at the seminar told her this was a problem, noy anybody with CFO. I told her to tell her "friends" to ZIP IT and the only advisors she needed were on VJ. :lol: We are going ahead with our plan to have her fly here this monday.

:D

:rofl: Great advice Larry :thumbs: . I had to tell my fiancee a few times to disregard what she has heard from others. Some info is good but more than likely it it pinoy way of putting eye lashes on a nat as they are educated this way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is called a "typo". It happens all the time and it is not an issue. Anyone who tells you it is, is wrong. Correct it with her adjustment of status.

Congratulations on the visa.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If the spelling error is on the IMMIGRANT DATA SUMMARY SHEET, then it won't cause any problems at POE.

But...

If the spelling error is on the VISA ITSELF, then you should have it corrected right away at the Embassy. The name on the visa should match the name on the passport.

Horsesh*t. No one is truned away because of misspelling. Y'all need to get a grip. My wife's Ukrainian passport has her middle name, her visa did not. So what?

Her photos are on both, they will not question it is her visa.

Relax, sleep well.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

To clerify...the misspelling is of my middle name, not my fiance's, and it is on the visa. It looks to be either a simple typo or even an abbreviation...my middle name is Berrien, and on the visa it is spelled Brien. They left out the first E and R.

Anyway, last I heard from my fiance she was in the middle of her seminar and she should now have her stamp, so we plan to go ahead and have her fly here on Monday.

Yes...one more thing to worry about until we actually drive away from the Portland airport to start our life together, but I think it will be ok.

Stay tuned..I will let everyone know how this works out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Horsesh*t. No one is truned away because of misspelling. Y'all need to get a grip. My wife's Ukrainian passport has her middle name, her visa did not. So what?

Her photos are on both, they will not question it is her visa.

Relax, sleep well.

On my husband's visa, they put Female instead of Male. I was freaking out! I emailed the embassy, and they told me it was up to me if I wanted to get it changed or not. Of course I didn't want to risk sending the passport back (he lives hours away by plane), and have to get the visa reissued. We opted to just risk it, but I had him print out the email and take it with him to POE. The officer there thought it was hilarious and said, "Well, you are obviously a guy, not a girl!" It was no problem for us. The only thing I might worry about is that the airline ticket match the passport name. Good luck!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Spelling errors happen all the time, its not a big deal all she needs to take it back let them know there is an error and they would fix the error for her.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.